Sign in to follow this  
EricJ

F/A-18E Super Hornet (New Model) v1.9

Thanks to Eric and the team - it's been great watching the development, and the end product is absolutely fantastic.

BZ to all!

SB

I did try to use the animation key... nothing, need to check the settings :blink:

Thanks for the information gents :biggrin:

Greetings.

I have had an odd problem with an otherwise excellent package.

My issue is the dual launch rail for the AIM-120. As I have Strike Fighters 2 (I am new to the series) I use the notepad method for adding weapons, racks etc (the enemy is no match for my AIM-54 :good: ) which has worked 100% for me. However, when I added the LAU-115CA I only got the option for one missile per hardpoint.

Just to see if maybe I did something wrong I added the "2AR" line to the AHM pylons on TMF FA-18A and the odd part is the 2 per harpoint (launch rail equipped) appeared. Regardless of what I do the FA-18E doesn't recognize the LAU-115CA but the FA-18A does, which has me perplexed.

If I remember right, the TMF A version is setup already to use the dual rail system. On the other hand, the E/F/G loads a seperate pylon (the LAU-115CA) to accommodate them, the TMF is an actual model pylon to allow it to load dual AMRAAM pylons. So it's not the aircraft, it's SF2. And additionally, it never was tested under SF2, it was specificially made for the WoX series.

Yeah, my ultimate conclusion was something in the Strike Fighters 2 engine that was preventing the rail from loading on the E model. As I have no experience with the intricacies I was unsure. I'm sure it will all be worked out in the end. Thanks for the reply.

No problem man, I've been aware of SF2 of course, but it really hasn't garnered much interest in me (until more support or the phase of the moon shifts) to get it.

have to thank you for the sliimers, added as a animation!! Damn good idea, this is a feature wich is badly needed for each plane wich uses those slimmers..

Excellent work!!

Thank you!!

:notworthy:

These new F/A-18s are the Dogs Bo****ks!

Thanks Guys. :good:

No problem!

Excellent work! Going to get the F model now... :good:

Eric what is the file size of this supposed to be? Right now it says 124K.

Grrrr..... I thought it uploaded fine, been having errors.

Right now I unapproved it until I can get a more reliable time to upload it.

Suffice to say it's nothing spectacular, just if you have the previous, add this in the FA-18E_AVIONICS.ini

[RadarDisplayGM]

at the appropriate portion of the file.

And thanks for the heads up Dave :good:

No problem man. Stay safe

Wilco bro, and I'm pretty sure I'm good to go this time. File is active, let's hope the download is good.....

Hello,

How must I install this mod? I extracted in the WOI main folder but it doesn't work.

I'm new to this great flight sim.

Sincerely.

Agrusn1

FA-18E

SJU-17

FA-18E_Refueller

all in Objects/Aircraft directory.

Weapons folder extract to Objects, and overwrite the weapons folder. And the rest is in the README.

Please feel free to berate me if this problem of mine is blatantly spelled out somewhere here on combat ace. Anyways, my problem is that on all of the Super Hornets and even the Growler the afterburner is always on. The engine thrust amount is in red and the sound denotes afterburner, however actual thrust and visual afterburner effects work normally. I have looked over the data.inis and everything seems to check out. I tried to find out what actually controls the point to which afterburners do kick on for an aircraft but could not find it. (for example most engines are at 70%)

Thank you for time in advance.

That was it. Thanks for the help. It's stunningly simple but I don't think I would have figured it out.

hey there guys! i have a little problem. i can't load the 300-gallon fuel tanks anywhere on the E and the F Hornet. also they aren't visible on the 'Quantity left' screen. Any solutions? It would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! :)

They're not used by the Super Hornet. Not to say in real life it couldn't, but the US Navy sticks with the 480 gallon. You can mod the Data.ini to use 300 gallon tanks, but why?

They're not used by the Super Hornet. Not to say in real life it couldn't, but the US Navy sticks with the 480 gallon. You can mod the Data.ini to use 300 gallon tanks, but why?

oohh hahah my bad. it's 480-gallon, sorry. anyway i also tried to add the 480- via weapon editor but to no avail - still can't load it onto the Bug. :(

Out of curiosity I'm assuming you're using SF2? or SF1/WoX?