Sign in to follow this  
rhythalion

"No CD" Problem with P2

Hey all, after receiving my DVD of P2 today and installing, when I try out a quick combat or campaign, whenever I select "go to hangar" etc to begin the flight a popup appears saying "No CD found, please insert the correct CD and restart application".

Weird thing is, my CFS3 DVD is already in the drive. I also set the computers language to that of English (USA) as in cameljockeys tips and tricks. OFF Phase 2 just doesn't seem to acknowledge my disk is in the drive. Its a Legal copy, patched to 3.1a, and works fine with CFS3 and ETO. I use no cracks either, and have reinstalled the whole thing just to make sure.

Hopefully its something easy and simple, as i'm really looking forward to this mod!

Admins, forgive my topic in the Phase 1 and 2 threads (same thing), but as this section is posted and viewed by the games devs and other users almost constantly, the other section only had 15 views in 4 hours :rolleyes: Please delete the other topic.

Hey all, after receiving my DVD of P2 today and installing, when I try out a quick combat or campaign, whenever I select "go to hangar" etc to begin the flight a popup appears saying "No CD found, please insert the correct CD and restart application".

Weird thing is, my CFS3 DVD is already in the drive. I also set the computers language to that of English (USA) as in cameljockeys tips and tricks. OFF Phase 2 just doesn't seem to acknowledge my disk is in the drive. Its a Legal copy, patched to 3.1a, and works fine with CFS3 and ETO. I use no cracks either, and have reinstalled the whole thing just to make sure.

Hopefully its something easy and simple, as i'm really looking forward to this mod!

Admins, forgive my topic in the Phase 1 and 2 threads (same thing), but as this section is posted and viewed by the games devs and other users almost constantly, the other section only had 15 views in 4 hours :rolleyes: Please delete the other topic.

It's been a while since I loaded OFF2, but from memory, I recall a selection when loading OFF2 that gives you a CFS3 choice for disk or no disk. If you have the CFS3 DVD, you should not need the DVD installed to load/play P2. After installing CFS3, have you played one QC mission? You have to do that first, before loading OFF. My experience is for XP SP2, I know there were some special issues for Vista 32.

You have to run a quick mission before installing OFF? I had no idea.

By the way i've been posting in simHQ.com about this as well and they pointed me here. I want to try OFF2 and then i'll probably go ahead and buy OFF3 as soon as my new rig arrives.

A friend gave me CFS3 as a present some years ago, but i don't know where i stashed it (i was too busy with IL2 to bother at that time). Being one who makes a habit of backing up my original discs though, i found the backup CD images in my backup CD/DVD stack and set off to install CFS3 via Daemon Tools. Funny thing is that while CFS3 runs just fine, OFF2 gives me the "no cd in drive" error.

I am using WinXP SP2 in Greek, but the default language is US english by the way. The past two days i spent my afternoons scouring some media shops for the DVD version of CFS3 but to no avail.

I'll try this solution...uninstall everything, install and patch CFS3, run a quick mission and then install OFF phase 2. I hope it finally works.

P.S. Is there TrackIR support for phase2? I suppose i'll have to select the CFS3 profile in the TrackIR software, is that right?

Hello,

some P2 setup info now here at Combatace:

http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?showtopic=37679

Older posts from Sim0uthouse can be still found here - at least as long as it's up .. see stickies, phase 1+2

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/forumdisplay.php?f=8

Thanks and greetings,

Catfish

Edited by Wels