Sign in to follow this  
Gous

Old basic skinning tutorial

>Click me<

This link here ^^ will guide you to my old tutorial for skinning.

Coming soon: A step forward to skinning with a brand new tutorial for OFF.

>Click me<

This link here ^^ will guide you to my old tutorial for skinning.

Coming soon: A step forward to skinning with a brand new tutorial for OFF.

Thanks Gous, did what you said and have done my first ever skin....

posted it in the general forum by mistake..... :clapping:

It was this tutorial that, back in October 2007, got me started in skinning OFF aircraft. Now, nearly 1000 skins later, I'm still going strong. Its a great introduction to the basics - worth looking at if you've never skinned before.

Hi there,

I'm an experienced texture artist, who's just getting into skinning for OFF.

I've got a new skin ready to go for an early Alb DIII, but I don't know how to make it available within the game.

Without downloading your full tutorial, could you guys help out with the appropriate file naming and locations to make my skin show up in game?

Thanks in advance...

Hi there,

I'm an experienced texture artist, who's just getting into skinning for OFF.

I've got a new skin ready to go for an early Alb DIII, but I don't know how to make it available within the game.

Without downloading your full tutorial, could you guys help out with the appropriate file naming and locations to make my skin show up in game?

Thanks in advance...

Hi ADDAX,

Skins for all the aircraft are located in the OFF folder \ Campaigns\CampaignData\skins

Usually I make a copy of an original skin (say one of the Alb DIII ) and not change the main filename at all, but just add a description in Bold to make it easier to find in the list.

http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?showtopic=37810

this may help a bit! (and once you start making skins, perhaps you could upload here for us to enjoy?)

Cheers

Hi ADDAX,

Skins for all the aircraft are located in the OFF folder \ Campaigns\CampaignData\skins

Usually I make a copy of an original skin (say one of the Alb DIII ) and not change the main filename at all, but just add a description in Bold to make it easier to find in the list.

http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?showtopic=37810

this may help a bit! (and once you start making skins, perhaps you could upload here for us to enjoy?)

Cheers

Thanks for the tips... I got it in there and it's lookin pretty decent. I'm going to add a couple more things then I'll post it...

I'm bumping this back up to the top since I feel that it really needs to be a sticky. I am starting my skinning efforts now and Gous' tutorials are extremely helpful. This is for beginners and needs to be stickified, moderators please.