Sign in to follow this  
ToS

some beginner questions - Tomcat cockpit

Paldrian,

thanks a lot :notworthy:

I finished the HSD-Navigation display, next in line is a re-work of the knee and side panels

@ markkyle66:

yeah - you´re right... maybe a playboy cover would be more appealing :grin:

Rock on,

Chris

yeah - you´re right... maybe a playboy cover would be more appealing :grin:

Absolutely :biggrin:

I've been to the museum of NavAir while visiting my brother and had the pleasure of climbing into the A model Cat there... your modeling work on that pit is awesome and pretty much dead on... now if only you can get the yaw string on the front of the radom some how! lol

Just keeps lookin' better and better!

now if only you can get the yaw string on the front of the radom some how!

Actually, there may be a way to do that...

FC

Not certain if self respecting Naval Aviators flyaround with Natops on their knee pads... usually DOD Flip/Approach charts : ]

It's not the entire NATOPS, just the pocket checklist. :good:

May I ask if this will be the pit for Mirage Factorys F-14`s? Looks superb

No, so far its just my private fun :biggrin:

on the other hand - if the MF folks are interested I´d be happy to contribute

apart from the MF Tomcats, I'd be more than happy ( and I guess I'm not the only one :no: ) to use Your cockpit with the available F-14s..of course, if it's made for public use :biggrin: ...amazing job, I envy Your skills :ok:

May I ask if this will be the pit for Mirage Factorys F-14`s? Looks superb

As I've mentioned in another thread, Adrian already has a pit in the works for the MF's second gen F-14 series, that's even more detailed than his MiG-29 pit. That's not meant to discourage anyone, however.

Yep, I remember, can't wait to see that :biggrin: ...such an abundance in F-14 stuff is always welcome :good: I hereby thank everyone who created (or are in progress) these great airplanes and cockpits...

I finally got the control stick working

Looking at those ugly leg and arm textures: does anybody have some high-res arm or leg textures which I can use ? :cool:

Cheerio,

Chris

Excellent! Just out of morbid 'rivet counter' curiosity, does the armament selector switch on the joystick move when you go through the different A/A weapons? Just wondering! :smile:

:: runs away fast, and runs far away!!!::

hey TOS, how long does it take to put together something like that? what's the learning curve like?

lol, what learing curve - I´m still riding on the linear learing slope, there´s no asymptotic slope in sight :blind:

this pit is now about 1,5 years old - however, it´s a spin off of another pit I started for Janes FA18 two years ago.....actually I picked up 3d modeling just to make this one cockpit :biggrin:

Fantastic you're magic! nice pit ToS...but like in your profile's pic there's the way to see the side of the pilot?

sorry folks,

no progress so far, my life´s too crazy right now. Either way, stay tuned for some updates this winter :grin: