Sign in to follow this  
phantomjoker

Finally Got in

Geez, remember me Joker who's puter kept crashing? Man joining this new forum was like pulling teeth and watching water drip. What an ordeal..Seems would not take my Joker name, thus the PhantomJoker moniker!

Anyhow, to continue the previous discussion of OFF constantly locking up. I cleaned it all off the puter as well as CFS3 and all registry information. Then I reinstalled CFS3 and the 3.1 patch and played. Crashed and locked up right off the bat. Not even any OFF installed yet. I am so frustrated at this. I wish I could find the problem. As you all know, I have tried EVERYTHING. I have even started up and played with no items running except the basic items. But the graphics card is always running. Is ayone else running a pair of 7800GT graphics cards? (yes I have even tried one card alone) Maybe I should sell the pair and buy a 280GTX to try. Go back to a single card? I dunno. Remember, all other sims working fine and spunky.

Edited by phantomjoker

Geez, remember me Joker who's puter kept crashing? Man joining this new forum was like pulling teeth and watching water drip. What an ordeal..Seems would not take my Joker name, thus the PhantomJoker moniker!

Anyhow, to continue the previous discussion of OFF constantly locking up. I cleaned it all off the puter as well as CFS3 and all registry information. Then I reinstalled CFS3 and the 3.1 patch and played. Crashed and locked up right off the bat. Not even any OFF installed yet. I am so frustrated at this. I wish I could find the problem. As you all know, I have tried EVERYTHING. I have even started up and played with no items running except the basic items. But the graphics card is always running. Is ayone else running a pair of 7800GT graphics cards? (yes I have even tried one card alone) Maybe I should sell the pair and buy a 280GTX to try. Go back to a single card? I dunno. Remember, all other sims working fine and spunky.

Sort of followed this from other forum. Still thinking memory issue (even though every thing else works OK - yes, I've seen this, first-hand). Have you tried different BIOS settings (for example, "relaxing" the memory timings)? And, even though I think you said you tried different memory, if it's set up in BIOS to "automatically" configure timings, etc., can still be a problem - the 'new' memory may be failing for the same automatic timing settings.

Sorry it's such a buggar, but - like the Service Manager who hired me for my first tech job after the Navy - "Sometimes, you just gotta out-live the problem". Don't give up :)

Minor check, you could try disabling the movie intro. Won't fix your problem, but might get you in the air.

Also, are you running CFS3config before you start your new installation?

Sorry for your problem: been there too with issues that drive you crazy.

What's your computer trying to tell you in EVENT VIEWER? Are there any anomolies or consistent problem entries?

What does DXDIAG say? Is there a debug entry (message)?

Have you tried CFS3, without the 3.1 patch using CD2 to start the game? Does that work? If that works, you're on to it.

Sorry, I got ahead of myself. Need to backup. Were the CFS3 cds and the 3.1 patch you're currently using ever installed on another machine without any problems?

Yup. I remember. I really think you've exhausted every possible "fix" with the exception of a fresh install of XP Pro after having tried new memory, run one GPU installed at a time vs SLI, shut down all background programs, etc. as suggested in your thread in the SOH/OFF3 forum. Not helping with the decision is the fact the crash problem is only occurring in OFF3 while all your other games run OK. Frankly I don't know if I would bother either. I ran into a similar issue trying to install SP3 for XP. Kept getting the Setup Failed error regardless of having tried the various "solutions" including MS's own KB suggested fix. Decided it wasn't worth the hassle to reinstall XP when everything runs on my system just to "update" to SP3.

Edited by Over50

Yup. I remember. I really think you've exhausted every possible "fix" with the exception of a fresh install of XP Pro after having tried new memory, run one GPU installed at a time vs SLI, shut down all background programs, etc. as suggested in your thread in the SOH/OFF3 forum. Not helping with the decision is the fact the crash problem is only occurring in OFF3 while all your other games run OK. Frankly I don't know if I would bother either. I ran into a similar issue trying to install SP3 for XP. Kept getting the Setup Failed error regardless of having tried the various "solutions" including MS's own KB suggested fix. Decided it wasn't worth the hassle to reinstall XP when everything runs on my system just to "update" to SP3.

Software can and is a real pain to troubleshoot. All you have is a disk. When I got my copy of OFF3,

I backed up the registry. Don't ask. I always b/u the reg: everythings working there. I started install and when it got to "sounds/brit something or other...errors and it backed out. Ok, start checking and found stream errors. Got microfine cloth and cleaned the disk. Cleaned all entries, check reg all ok. Install 2 same thing...son of a gun...opened up the dvd and saw function light looping. Okay different messages, same sector area so clean disk again more thoroughly. 3rd install...ERRORS, different messages, SAME SECTOR AREA: I've got a bad disk. Go eat supper then go back to do battle. Looked at disk, took off glasses because bifocals don't work well up close and looked very closely and saw a tiny, tiny, tiny discoloration. CLEANED DISK CORRECTLY THIS TIME. 4th install, got into the air. When I landed I went into the hanger and kicked myself; I could have avoided 2 aborted installs. Went back up into the air and took my wrath out on a DR1

XP PRO 32 SP3 just laughed and said: lasers, can't trust them. Diffraction with the dvd vibration causing it to hit at different points in the same area? Don't know: sounds good to me.

Sorry for your problem: been there too with issues that drive you crazy.

What's your computer trying to tell you in EVENT VIEWER? Are there any anomolies or consistent problem entries?

What does DXDIAG say? Is there a debug entry (message)?

Have you tried CFS3, without the 3.1 patch using CD2 to start the game? Does that work? If that works, you're on to it.

Sorry, I got ahead of myself. Need to backup. Were the CFS3 cds and the 3.1 patch you're currently using ever installed on another machine without any problems?

Yeah, it is frustrating.Yes I went to config also. The RAM SLI is set to disable. I don't know how to set it in BIOS for anything else. Here is the rundown of how it went.

Here is my latest effort in detail if it is any help.

1.) Completely cleaned the computer of OFF and CFS3 as per your instructions.

2.) installed clean CFS3, runs fine but a few vertical lines when I hit the Z key, also about a one inch box with vertical lines clings to the mouse arrow. And only on mission, not at new mission screen.

3.) applied 3.1 patch and rebooted. Flew one quick misson in quick start. Ran fine, then started a bomber mission, locked up on takeoff. Had to reboot. Now OFF is not even installed yet.

Any more ideas..I am pretty close to giving up. Thanks bud.

Steve

Here is an event log if it helps:

3/5/2009 9:26:05 AM avg8emc Information None 1 N/A STEVE-GAMING The description for Event ID ( 1 ) in Source ( avg8emc ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: Service started.

The description for Event ID ( 0 ) in Source ( ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: 1.

Hi Joker,

Looking at that event viewer entry.. "avg8emc" did a google on that and some say it is AVG, and some say it is spyware ??

Do you have AVG antivirus installed?

Yeah, it is frustrating.Yes I went to config also. The RAM SLI is set to disable. I don't know how to set it in BIOS for anything else. Here is the rundown of how it went.

Here is my latest effort in detail if it is any help.

2.) installed clean CFS3, runs fine but a few vertical lines when I hit the Z key, also about a one inch box with vertical lines clings to the mouse arrow. And only on mission, not at new mission screen.

3.) applied 3.1 patch and rebooted. Flew one quick misson in quick start. Ran fine, then started a bomber mission, locked up on takeoff. Had to reboot. Now OFF is not even installed yet.

1.)( avg8emc ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer.

Here's your baseline. This where you needed to be to start troubleshooting.

Point: Disable virus, malwareware, security pgms when installing software. They HATE everything. If you're afraid to run open and your router or whatever doesn't have an inbound firewall, disable internet con in settings. If it does, don't worry about it.

1) There's a security conflict (avg8emc) : AVG is corrupt or something went wrong during an update or uninstall of AVG or something AVG was affecting . At some point, you'll need to address this.

2) The lines and box during different rendering functions point to a video card, its GPU, its memory, a pci-e socket, the video drivers or a combination of *. Since all other sims work and CFS3 doesn't, it looks like a driver issue. Maybe a conflict between CFS3, vid driver a DX9 a b c ?

3) 3.1 patch: I don't remember what it does, I'll have to look it up. It does affect the rendering more severley causing a lockup when going from light dynamic load (in quick mission) to the most demanding load (bomber mission). This is a variable you don't need. Uninstall, clean everything including the registry, defrag, reinstall without 3.1 patch and run from CD2.

Yeah, life's tough sometimes. Make life a little easier and run one vid when troubleshooting.The less whirring, the easier it is to get it purring. It also makes it easier to see if a problem follows.

Run DXDIAG and see what it comes up with.

Go to:http://www.updatexp.com/directx-diagnostic-tool.html.

This is what I use. Its much easier to know where to look and follow a procedure than to try to remember everything and forget something.

It doesn't look like a ram or heat problem: to specific and progressive. Those types of problems "normally" go BAM. It doesn't look like OS either; you generally have all sorts of things appearing, disappearing and going bump.

Hang in there. Go get some supper and a 6-pack. Then go back to do battle. And I thought I was obstinant. I admire your tenacity.

I would think just uninstalling AVG, rebooting and then trying the game again would rule it in or out as a crash reason (which is worth a try at this point).

A shot in the dark, try turning off any virus programs and firewalls before loading CFS3 and OFF.

Wow, thanks for the thoughtful tips along with the other folks as well. I do indeed have AVG as my virus checker and I will uninstall it and try. All my error logs seem to list it at about the same time...One thing I go back to however is that I have tried running the sim without it running at all with no luck.

Presently am running only CFS3 with the 3.1 patch only with OFF uninstalled even in the registry. Last night I went in to cfsconfig.exe and made sure all was well. Only running at the #2 graphic level. I played some quick missions and closed the game normally. Then restarted and played some more. Then my buddy and I played a multiplayer with bombers for 20 minutes with no problem then I locked up. He told me to take the covers off my desktop puter to keep it cool. That didn't work, I played again and after 5 minutes it locked. Even though, I have run without AVG running, I will strip it off today and try again. More later......

Joker

p.s. AVG does not lock up my other sims though???? This problem is limited to the CFS3 engine thus far. And CFS3 and OFF only. That is the kicker.

"Wow, thanks for the thoughtful tips along with the other folks as well. I do indeed have AVG as my virus checker and I will uninstall it and try. All my error logs seem to list it at about the same time...One thing I go back to however is that I have tried running the sim without it running at all with no luck.

Presently am running only CFS3 with the 3.1 patch only with OFF uninstalled even in the registry. Last night I went in to cfsconfig.exe and made sure all was well. Only running at the #2 graphic level. I played some quick missions and closed the game normally. Then restarted and played some more. Then my buddy and I played a multiplayer with bombers for 20 minutes with no problem then I locked up. He told me to take the covers off my desktop puter to keep it cool. That didn't work, I played again and after 5 minutes it locked. Even though, I have run without AVG running, I will strip it off today and try again. More later......

Joker

p.s. AVG does not lock up my other sims though???? This problem is limited to the CFS3 engine thus far. And CFS3 and OFF only. That is the kicker."

With everything you've tried and has been suggested I can't remember if a clean boot was one of them. If you're in the U.S. the lastest/April issue of Maximum PC starting on page 70 (bottom of page) has a really great article titled "Diagnose your pc with a clean boot" for XP and Vista. I've also seen the "clean boot XP" process on the web with a search. Again, can't remember if you been down this path before - but if not it's a great tool to help determine if your problem is hardware or software based.

Edited by Over50

"Wow, thanks for the thoughtful tips along with the other folks as well. I do indeed have AVG as my virus checker and I will uninstall it and try. All my error logs seem to list it at about the same time...One thing I go back to however is that I have tried running the sim without it running at all with no luck.

Joker

p.s. AVG does not lock up my other sims though???? This problem is limited to the CFS3 engine thus far. And CFS3 and OFF only. That is the kicker."

With everything you've tried and has been suggested I can't remember if a clean boot was one of them. If you're in the U.S. the lastest/April issue of Maximum PC starting on page 70 (bottom of page) has a really great article titled "Diagnose your pc with a clean boot" for XP and Vista. I've also seen the "clean boot XP" process on the web with a search. Again, can't remember if you been down this path before - but if not it's a great tool to help determine if your problem is hardware or software based.

Yes Over50, I did download that article and try it. I am gonna try reverting back to the original graphics driver that came in the box. Hey why not. I am still hanging in there with this every now and then. Really look forward to flying with/against you folks though. :)

Yes Over50, I did download that article and try it. I am gonna try reverting back to the original graphics driver that came in the box. Hey why not. I am still hanging in there with this every now and then. Really look forward to flying with/against you folks though. :)

With a clean boot (i.e., nothing running except for necessary OS apps) and you still have the crash problem rules out 3rd party software. This leaves an OS (XP Pro) file problem itself and the only way to find out for sure is reinstalling your OS and trying the game with only the OS required software. If the crash problem is still happening after a fresh XP install and only essential additional software installed then it has to be a hardware issue - there's nothing left that hasn't already been ruled out. If you have a friend and/or access to a different video card now would be the time to pull your 7800's and try it.

Edited by Over50

With a clean boot (i.e., nothing running except for necessary OS apps) and you still have the crash problem rules out 3rd party software. This leaves an OS (XP Pro) file problem itself and the only way to find out for sure is reinstalling your OS and trying the game with only the OS required software. If the crash problem is still happening after a fresh XP install and only essential additional software installed then it has to be a hardware issue - there's nothing left that hasn't already been ruled out. If you have a friend and/or access to a different video card now would be the time to pull your 7800's and try it.

I don't think swapping out the cards will really do anything except to add to your frustration. It doesn't look to be video hardware.

Since you're going to roll back the video driver, try one more thing. If you still have the same issues after rolling the driver back, install DirectX Eradictor 2.0. Google for download sites. It supports 2.0 through 9.0c (not DX10) and it has safely removed DX* when dxdiag debug pointed to some type of file corruption. Remove DX and install the newest "redistribution" of DX so you have the complete file and don't have to go through the update dance.

DX E hasn't affected installs with 98SE or W2K Pro when I've used it and I haven't had to reinstall an OS when I've encountered driver, software, dx conflicts.

After that, OVER50 is right; a reinstall of your OS is the last thing to do.

If you want to try the vid swap first and no one can help you, I've got a 7800 Ultra I keep for testing purposes. It's clean and I know it has no issues. I can send it to you and you can reimburse me for the the in/out shipping when you return it.

Good luck. That's about all I can type.

I don't think swapping out the cards will really do anything except to add to your frustration. It doesn't look to be video hardware.

Since you're going to roll back the video driver, try one more thing. If you still have the same issues after rolling the driver back, install DirectX Eradictor 2.0. Google for download sites. It supports 2.0 through 9.0c (not DX10) and it has safely removed DX* when dxdiag debug pointed to some type of file corruption. Remove DX and install the newest "redistribution" of DX so you have the complete file and don't have to go through the update dance.

DX E hasn't affected installs with 98SE or W2K Pro when I've used it and I haven't had to reinstall an OS when I've encountered driver, software, dx conflicts.

If you want to try the vid swap first and no one can help you, I've got a 7800 Ultra I keep for testing purposes. It's clean and I know it has no issues. I can send it to you and you can reimburse me for the the in/out shipping when you return it.

Geez, that is awfully nice of you and I appreciate the gesture and the advice too. I am close to buying a new card so I will just hang in there for a week or so and then try that. I like the idea of the DX cleaner though. I will try that tonight. Thanks again.

Steve

Is DX E a newer version. I seem to have DX 9.0.C and no corrupt file messages or indications. Should I still download it?

Thanks.

Is DX E a newer version. I seem to have DX 9.0.C and no corrupt file messages or indications. Should I still download it?

Thanks.

My apologies. DX E=DirectX Eradicator 2.0 (current version). It's not DX9*. I think in short hand and type same sometimes, my bad.

I haven't had to use it in XPP32, yet, but I checked with a friend and he's used it once without any problems. You never know though, code can have a bad day like everything else. I've run into a really wacky error message when I upgraded from 182.05 Beta Xp to 182.06 WHQL XP32. The error message is almost gibberish. I don't have clue as of right now so I posted at EVGA for some help; Nvidia is a joke.

Since CFS3 actually crashes/locks up system, I'm really surprised that no error messages are being generated. Ummm....That's a stumper. Hey OVER50, any ideas on this? You're a lot more up to date on the history. I'd hate for someone to have to go through OS reinstall and it's potential pitfalls. I just nuke it myself and reload my ISO b/u and I'm getting close to doing just that because of that gibberish message. I'll go back to the Beta if I have to; I don't want to lose the 10-15 fps I've gained and fps is same with WHQL.

My apologies. DX E=DirectX Eradicator 2.0 (current version). It's not DX9*. I think in short hand and type same sometimes, my bad.

I haven't had to use it in XPP32, yet, but I checked with a friend and he's used it once without any problems. You never know though, code can have a bad day like everything else. I've run into a really wacky error message when I upgraded from 182.05 Beta Xp to 182.06 WHQL XP32. The error message is almost gibberish. I don't have clue as of right now so I posted at EVGA for some help; Nvidia is a joke.

Since CFS3 actually crashes/locks up system, I'm really surprised that no error messages are being generated. Ummm....That's a stumper. Hey OVER50, any ideas on this? You're a lot more up to date on the history. I'd hate for someone to have to go through OS reinstall and it's potential pitfalls. I just nuke it myself and reload my ISO b/u and I'm getting close to doing just that because of that gibberish message. I'll go back to the Beta if I have to; I don't want to lose the 10-15 fps I've gained and fps is same with WHQL.

When updating my nvidia drivers I religiously use Driver Cleaner to remove any files still in the registry after using Add | Remove Programs to uninstall a driver and I've never had a problem with beta or WHQL driver updates. The hitch is it's no longer a freeware offering (I had it saved to a thumb drive while it was still free). However there is an alternative with Driver Sweeper that is freeware and does the same thing.

This is the process I use (assumes Driver Sweeper is already installed on your system and shown in your Start | Program Listing) :

• Download new Nvidia driver to the desktop or folder created for it.
  • Remove old driver via Add | Remove Programs (including the Physx component)
  • Reboot back to the desktop as prompted. Cancel any prompts/pop-ups to look for and install a new driver.
  • Now reboot into Safe Mode.
  • Run Driver Sweeper and select Nvidia-Display (make sure it's only the graphics/display driver, not mobo driver, etc.)
  • Run it again to make sure all files were removed.
  • Now reboot back to the desktop. Cancel any prompts/popups to look for and install a new driver.
  • Now install the new driver from where you downloaded it to.

Note - Driver Sweeper can be used with XP and Vista and ATI cards as well.

Edited by Over50

When updating my nvidia drivers I religiously use Driver Cleaner to remove any files still in the registry after using Add | Remove Programs to uninstall a driver and I've never had a problem with beta or WHQL driver updates. The hitch is it's no longer a freeware offering (I had it saved to a thumb drive while it was still free). However there is an alternative with Driver Sweeper that is freeware and does the same thing.

This is the process I use (assumes Driver Sweeper is already installed on your system and shown in your Start | Program Listing) :

• Download new Nvidia driver to the desktop or folder created for it.
  • Remove old driver via Add | Remove Programs (including the Physx component)
  • Reboot back to the desktop as prompted. Cancel any prompts/pop-ups to look for and install a new driver.
  • Now reboot into Safe Mode.
  • Run Driver Sweeper and select Nvidia-Display (make sure it's only the graphics/display driver, not mobo driver, etc.)
  • Run it again to make sure all files were removed.
  • Now reboot back to the desktop. Cancel any prompts/popups to look for and install a new driver.
  • Now install the new driver from where you downloaded it to.

Note - Driver Sweeper can be used with XP and Vista and ATI cards as well.

As above except I've always used DC Pro and uninstall driver through system. I've started comparing my regs from 178 to 182.05 to 182.06 and I've noticed a slight discrepancy between .05 and .06. PHYS X. I was under the impression that the only difference between .05 and .06 was that .06 was the WHQL version of .05. I think the message generated is something going bump between .05 and .06 when uninstalling .05. I'm going to try DS just for the heck of it and see if I can get .06 installed cleanly. It doesn't hurt to try another pair of eyes. Nothing against mods or betas, I just like W's when possible. If it's a no go this weekend, I'm going to nuke the hd and put my .05 b/u on until something else comes along that looks like it'll make a worthwhile difference. The 10-15 fps I gained using .05 was very worthwhile.

This doesn't help poor phantomjoker though. I puzzled about no errors being generated even on the front end when it goes BSOD.

As above except I've always used DC Pro and uninstall driver through system. I've started comparing my regs from 178 to 182.05 to 182.06 and I've noticed a slight discrepancy between .05 and .06. PHYS X. I was under the impression that the only difference between .05 and .06 was that .06 was the WHQL version of .05. I think the message generated is something going bump between .05 and .06 when uninstalling .05. I'm going to try DS just for the heck of it and see if I can get .06 installed cleanly. It doesn't hurt to try another pair of eyes. Nothing against mods or betas, I just like W's when possible. If it's a no go this weekend, I'm going to nuke the hd and put my .05 b/u on until something else comes along that looks like it'll make a worthwhile difference. The 10-15 fps I gained using .05 was very worthwhile.

This doesn't help poor phantomjoker though. I puzzled about no errors being generated even on the front end when it goes BSOD.

For a time Nvidia wasn't putting out driver updates (circa 173 version) for months at a time which prompted me to start using beta drivers (from Guru3D). But for the past 6 months or more new drivers have been made available on a regular basis and as such quit using the beta's in favor of WHQL's. But as I mentioned, I've yet to run into a driver related problem by adhering to booting into Safe Mode to run the driver cleaner app every time before installing updates.

Phantomjoker's problem as posted here is a carryover from his original thread in the OFF3 forum at SOH (assuming you weren't among the participants) where just about everything possible had already been suggested/tried. This is why I offered the OS reinstall as a last resort option. Plugging in a different graphics card was the only thing he had not tried aside from the last resort XP reinstall option. His problem is one of those once in a while hard to find the cause things....which given the consternation involved I'm amazed at his tenacity while maintaining a fair degree of humor in the whole ordeal. :good:

For a time Nvidia wasn't putting out driver updates (circa 173 version) for months at a time which prompted me to start using beta drivers (from Guru3D). But for the past 6 months or more new drivers have been made available on a regular basis and as such quit using the beta's in favor of WHQL's. But as I mentioned, I've yet to run into a driver related problem by adhering to booting into Safe Mode to run the driver cleaner app every time before installing updates.

Phantomjoker's problem as posted here is a carryover from his original thread in the OFF3 forum at SOH (assuming you weren't among the participants) where just about everything possible had already been suggested/tried. This is why I offered the OS reinstall as a last resort option. Plugging in a different graphics card was the only thing he had not tried aside from the last resort XP reinstall option. His problem is one of those once in a while hard to find the cause things....which given the consternation involved I'm amazed at his tenacity while maintaining a fair degree of humor in the whole ordeal. :good:

Hi OVER50. Hey bud, couldn't have done it without all your help, support and suggestions. I am waiting to save up a few bucks to buy a new video card and then check back in here. If, when I do that it still doesn't work, then I will bite the bullet and do a fresh install. I just dread this because I have done it before and it is a weekend killer! Amazing though because this computer is just for gaming and I only have a handful of sims running on it...All without problems I may add. OFF isn't even installed any longer, just CFS3 and that crashes. There is just something on my computer that the CFS3 engine does not like. Oh well, you may not hear from me right away as I have more filming to do on my documentary but I will be back with more of my efforts, and I will report. Look forward to flying with you someday folks.

Hi OVER50. Hey bud, couldn't have done it without all your help, support and suggestions. I am waiting to save up a few bucks to buy a new video card and then check back in here. If, when I do that it still doesn't work, then I will bite the bullet and do a fresh install. I just dread this because I have done it before and it is a weekend killer! Amazing though because this computer is just for gaming and I only have a handful of sims running on it...All without problems I may add. OFF isn't even installed any longer, just CFS3 and that crashes. There is just something on my computer that the CFS3 engine does not like. Oh well, you may not hear from me right away as I have more filming to do on my documentary but I will be back with more of my efforts, and I will report. Look forward to flying with you someday folks.

Man I sure hope the new/different video card does the trick. Like I said you sure have infinite patience. Had it been me, I'd have given up long ago....along with a long walk off a short pier... :biggrin:

A weekend to install an OS? I can reboot to cdrom and be back online in 40 minutes, in two hours Id have all my programs reinstalled. My point being is that people sometimes over complicate things, I know I do. Not that it offers a solution to your problem, but step back, take a breath and keep to the basics.

Ha!, im one to speak, tho, I still cant get phase 2 to run without telling me to insert the correct cd,WHEN IT IS IN THE FREAKIN DRIVE, Isnt cfs3 latest patch make it a nocd stuation? nothing else asks for the cd (other mods)

***not tryin to hijack the thread***