Sign in to follow this  
chrispdm1

Waiting

Well I played RB3d for years until it finally wouldn't run properly on the newer computers. As a World war 1 aviation enthusiast I was seriously disappointed at the lack of world war 1 flight sims... And I never found a flight sim with the immersion that I felt from RB3D oh well I went into more research and modeling paying special attention to canadian aces, Barker, Mcleod, McEwen, McKeever and the rest of them... I neglected researching WW1 flight sims until my buddy who was also a RB3D fan asked me if I knew of any. So last month I found OFF. The same night I ordred a copy of OFF as well as a copy of MCFS3. Every dsy at coffee break I have soothed myself with the preview movies.... alas it does not satisfy... and while I received CFS earlier this week I have not yet recieved OFF, but have checked for it at the post office usually 3 times a day... hopefully monday...

I imagine the beaurecrats up at HQ (Canada Customs) delayed it and are tacking on a few extra fees which is delaying its delivery. If its not there on Monday, I am sure I will go crazy! What do I do in the meanwhile?

Edited by chrispdm1

Load CFS3 and fly a mission, you'll have to do that before loading OFF. Then, I would suggest you read every thread here! You might learn something, but if you don't, it should at least keep you busy for a while.

Load CFS3 and fly a mission, you'll have to do that before loading OFF. Then, I would suggest you read every thread here! You might learn something, but if you don't, it should at least keep you busy for a while.

The only thing is on my machine CFS3 plays and looks like a cartoony load of crap, while OFF plays like a modern game just released with great graphics and FMs.

So depending on what mahcine you have will be what type of experience you get just messing around with CFs3

MK2, CFS3 looks and plays like a piece of crap on all rigs. An unfortunate fact that OFF BHAH has to overcome in the general public. I am good at stating the obvious I'm told, hehe. But here, this looks a whole lot better than CFS3

I loaded cfs3 thinking it couldn't be as bad as everyone made it out to be, and realized that they were more than right. I seem to remember cfs1 having better graphics and being funner...

I'll keep reading threads though....

I loaded cfs3 thinking it couldn't be as bad as everyone made it out to be, and realized that they were more than right. I seem to remember cfs1 having better graphics and being funner...

I'll keep reading threads though....

Use CFS3 to get familiar with the very different view system controls. It takes a while to get used to how you can pan, etc. and what the radar panel can do, etc. Eventually you will want to get TrackIR, the new version 4 or the older version 3 with the add on view software works nearly as well and you can save money on used ones.

Yes, it finally arrived.... Why, oh why did I agree to play hockey tonight? I anticipate a very sleepy day at work tommorow....