Sign in to follow this  
swambast

SPECIAL REQUEST TO MODDERS: FOR MY SONS

All,

I am the proud Daddy of 2 young boys ages 6 and 4. They watch in amazement as we do sight-seeing missions and fly around in WOV, and love being my "co-pilot" helping out with the gear, flaps, etc. They always want to look at the outside of the plane of course, and like me too zoom in so they often comment "There's me and you, Dad." I love it. I was wondering if someone would be so kind as to consider making some custom "pilot faces" from actual photos for me, so I can literally put their faces in the cockpit (and unfortunately, my ugly mug too). Was even thinking about throwing in the wife's pic too. I would need four custom pilot faces (me, wife, two boys) - ideally each with a helmet on / helmet off selection. I understand your time is valuable, and would be willing to pay a small fee in return for your work. If you are interested, please just send me a PM - thanks for your consideration!

Steve

Hiya`s...i cant help coz im no good at stuff like that..but the idea is so cute that i hope someone does or can help you out..i do the same with my 5 yr old boy,except he likes to endlessly shot guns.

xx v xx

I'm just starting to make a pilot, now that I've (almost) finished the ejection seats... And I'll love to help you but for free.

And that gives me an idea of how to design the skins to be FULLY moddeable with user pictures :biggrin:

Alex

Alex, really!!!??? That would be so awesome of you! Wow - how cool. Let me know what you need, I would be happy to test anything out for you, thanks so much!

There ain't nothing to that.... it's just another layer on the XXpilot.bmp. The hardest part is judging the size to reduce down to for the "open faceplate" section, on the upper left of the bmp. Now, mind you, there is some "bending"on the finshed in-game, but the faces are usually recongizable.

How do you think I got Josh Lucas' face on the Talon pilot?? Or Dave got his mug on the Bronco pilot figure!!

If I can find it, and you want to attempt it, swam, I'll send you the Talon pilot psd

Wrench

kevin stein

There ain't nothing to that.... it's just another layer on the XXpilot.bmp. The hardest part is judging the size to reduce down to for the "open faceplate" section, on the upper left of the bmp. Now, mind you, there is some "bending"on the finshed in-game, but the faces are usually recongizable.

How do you think I got Josh Lucas' face on the Talon pilot?? Or Dave got his mug on the Bronco pilot figure!!

If I can find it, and you want to attempt it, swam, I'll send you the Talon pilot psd

Wrench

kevin stein

Haha, that reminds me, when I was making my custom paint job for the F-14 I went and painted the pilot helmets to match. While I was in there I put my face on the pilot, only to find out in game you can't even see his face anyway because his mask is on and his visor is down. :rolleyes:

Let me make things a little easier...the attached bmp has the placment for the "face" on those with no visor, or the visor UP. In this case, its a womans face for the Talon

You can also see the placement on the "USMC50s" pilot in my F4U-4B mod here in the d/l section

Wrench

kevin stein

I did a basic pilot, the face's texture is a BMP separated form the body's BMP.

Got to work a little more with the head to make a Female pilot also. For the making of your family, I'll need a picture of each one of your faces, full frontal and if you want, a side one too.

Piloto_Argento_001.JPG

Right now he is mean to resemble to one of the most famous FAA Pilots, Capitán Marcos Rafael Carballo (at the time of the picture, right now Comodoro (re) ).

25eb6cbba0bc8485ca8b572180866755o.jpg

Not to hijack this thread,but Ale,are you going to make a new generation of both western and eastern pilots?

This pictures looks that they had the gueneau headgear combo.

and it's missed,like the Alpha (British) combo too or western high altitude gear.

A very good work as you usually do!

That is SOME detailed pilot figure!!!

Look real good in an FAA Skyhawk or Nesher!!

Wrench

kevin stein

It took me a whole day to "eat" an organics modelling tutorial (never tried before :blink: ) and the Carballo model is the result of that only reference picture. If I got more pictures I coud do it better.

X RAY, I think that both western (AmokFloo) and soviet (The Trooper) pilots are very well done, and can't even think in replace or improve their work. But as you say, there are a lot of pilot's models that does not yet exist. As I said before, feed me (with pictures) and I'll try to do my best...

That is FANTASTIC work...great stuff! I will round up the pics and send you an update via PM...thanks so much!