Sign in to follow this  
rabu

Western Front Map 1915-1916

Western Front Map 1915-1916

February 2009

The original, large, paper map which is the basis of this set was lent to me by Hugh Baldwin, "Bletchley," back in October 2006. It was a project to bring some maps into the Over Flanders Fields W.W.I. flight simulation as well as supply maps for others interested in this period of W.W.I. history.

The original map was badly creased, ripped and worn and being very large I had to scan it in pieces, then paste it all together accurately in Photoshop and then restore it and enhance it. I've included a photo of what the original map looked like out of interest. The completed map was available for free down load on Polovsky's Over Flanders Fields website for several years. I had always planned on doing a series of smaller cut up versions for printing on standard letter size paper so that a OFF player could more easily use them in game. I have finally gotten around to doing it after the several requests after the release of OFF phase 3, "Between Heaven & Hell" this January 2009. I cut these up and added borders so that the feeling is one of more authentic maps of the period.

The main map is now divided into 16 segments, each indexed to a map segment by alphabet letters. Each segment overlaps so that there is no loss of detail and each segment is clearly marked in the upper right corner with it's index letter number.

I hope you enjoy these and they help in your flying in the OFF BHH game, or in any other historically accurate WWI sim.

Contact me if you have any questions. "rabu"

Please feel free to share these with others, but please give credit and do not alter them.

c2009 R. Hoag

Salute! Rabu

The Western Front Map 1915-1916 file in the Downloads section appears to be corrupted. I cannot unZIP the file. I get the following error message: "The diskette in drive F: does not contain a compete Zip file. If it is part of a spanned Zip file set, please insert the last diskette of the set into the drive and select OK; otherwise select Cancel"

BTW, I personally got the file from your link at our old SoH forum and printed all 16 maps. I have them in Sheet Protectors and I can navigate/fly around pretty darn well with them. Outstanding.

OlPaint01

Edited by OlPaint01

Hello Rabu,

The Western Front Map 1915-1916 file formated in RAR successfully unpacks. Success!!!

OlPaint01

Hello Rabu,

The Western Front Map 1915-1916 file formated in RAR successfully unpacks. Success!!!

OlPaint01

Thanks, OlPaint, I just found this thread, didn't realize it was a seperate one from the ones in the main disucssion. Glad you got it OK!