Sign in to follow this  
gianlucabagatti

new install and patches to phase 3

hi guys, just got my dvd and ready to install, just some questions:

installing phase 3 already having phase 2 and cfs3 of course, will cause problems?

and, seen here that patches are to be released, is that true?

thks a lot in advance and cheers, gianluca

oops of course I had to look first in OFF site.... waiting for 1.26 update

Edited by gianlucabagatti

hi guys, just got my dvd and ready to install, just some questions:

installing phase 3 already having phase 2 and cfs3 of course, will cause problems?

and, seen here that patches are to be released, is that true?

thks a lot in advance and cheers, gianluca

oops of course I had to look first in OFF site.... waiting for 1.26 update

Not Long to wait.

V1.26 should be up soon.

HTH

WM

You can install right over P2 if desired. No problems.

i am not sure that is entirely accurate.......

i belive off2 should be removed,,,before intalling off3

From the FAQ...

Q. OK but what if I already have Phase 2 installed do I need to uninstall it?

A. It depends. The OFF BH&H installer can take care of that for you if you do not want to change paths or settings, AND have enough space there (15GB) however, When upgrading Phase 2, BH&H may cause a problem with being unable to choose a different drive/location to install to see Q21 (Misc Questions). If you have other issues it's possible some remnants of P2 are around so a clean manual remove and install is required.

So installing over P2 is fine and it is not known to cause problems, which was the question asked.

P2 does need to be removed if you want to change the install location, or if problems arise and you want a totally fresh install (rare).

ok scout, so having OFF2 in the Program Files directory it should be fine to install OFF3 in Program? But what about files in Application Data and link to the desktop?

to sitting_duck: I was not able, do not know why....to answer to your private message but it´s clear according to you better not to try installing OFF3 over OFF2 whatever the way choosed,

is that right?

thks for welcome feedback guys! have a nice flying!

From the FAQ...

Q. OK but what if I already have Phase 2 installed do I need to uninstall it?

A. It depends. The OFF BH&H installer can take care of that for you if you do not want to change paths or settings, AND have enough space there (15GB) however, When upgrading Phase 2, BH&H may cause a problem with being unable to choose a different drive/location to install to see Q21 (Misc Questions). If you have other issues it's possible some remnants of P2 are around so a clean manual remove and install is required.

So installing over P2 is fine and it is not known to cause problems, which was the question asked.

P2 does need to be removed if you want to change the install location, or if problems arise and you want a totally fresh install (rare).

I installed right over Phase 2 and it was as seamless as spandex. No problems whatsoever.

CJ