I am trying to get the EF2000 to work on my unpatched version of WOE, in the readme it states this

The Typhoon is set up specifically for WOI so some of the eye candy and instrumentation won't work in WOE/WOV/SFP1 untill the latest patches are released, I have included a folder with the AVIONICS.ini file which will stop the Typhoon CTD in WOE/WOV etc.. drop this file into the typhoon folder.

the folder that is supposed have this this file is empty :dntknw: so I tried to load it up and you'll never guess what happened.......CTD as promised, does anyone have this avionics.ini file and would it be too much trouble to maybe PM the thing to me? or maybe someone could tell me what I'm doing wrong.

I don't remember the specific fix, but I do remember it's discussed in the Typhoon release theard. Might want to have a look in there...

Something to do with the groundmapping radar callouts in the avionics ini.

Wrench

kevin stein

Wrench, if I recall correctly, u have to disable the ground mapping radar for it, because that is whats causing it.

I could be wrong but didnt you have to also go into the config ini and change the following "AvionicsDLL=Avionics70.dll" to "AvionicsDLL=Avionics60.dll".

Craig

Nothing quite as drastic as changing the avionics dll, all you have to do is delete the last 2 entries in the avionics.ini file, the ones for steerpoint and steering cue.

Bongodriver (The other Craig)

That's right!!! That's the ticket

Or, just patch to the 9/08 or 10/08 levels and works perfectly 'out of the box"

Wrench

kevin stein

Thanks for the help guys ,I got it going.

Craig......Nice work! :clapping:

so in a fully patched version of the game, do the steerpoints and steerpoint ques work?

Thanks

I dont believe they do function post patch, just for some reason they dont CTD you

No, you miss understood. I did remove them because I was getting a CTD (I'm unpatched) and I was wondering if they would actually work if I was patched up to date, which is what Wrenches remark sounded like

That's right!!! That's the ticket

Or, just patch to the 9/08 or 10/08 levels and works perfectly 'out of the box"

No thats not what I meant, the steerpoint and steering cues are redundant even in the patched version, I only put them in as an experiment because the avionics.dll had reference to them, it's just TK has not implemented them in any version yet.

So what I meant was they CTD you in unpatched versions because they make refference to something that is not in the code, whereas in the patched version they are in the code but not implemented fully.

So what wrench meant was it works out of the box because it doesn't CTD.

Yes, that's what I meant. Sorry, I should have been more clear. Apologies!!!

Wrench

kevin stein