Sign in to follow this  
MK2

First Flight for Germans (DR1) Jasta 36

After flying for a month for the 94th and 27th aero squadron (since OFF 3's release). I decided to give the other side a go and chose Jasta 36 (primarily because I liked the blue skin on the Dr1 for that Jasta) and chose 100 realism ( DiD/WTL...using pause to snap some pictures).

I had a scamble mission from the get go and all I can say is I now have an understanding of why I was shot down so many times in turning dogfights with the SPAD 13 (yes boom and zoom only works when using the SPAD 13). The french pilot I engaged turned with me and was shot down promptly .

I only had about 8 or 9 kills (non balloons) in the SPAD 13 in a real time month (still have one pilot active) and I get a kill my first time up in the Dr1.

It is a marvelous plane to fly low to the gorund, very safe and really has some zip. The only thing was trying to keep a steady aim when the guns were barking. It took every bit of flying skill I have as well as concentration to keep it on target. Ok I am off to have a drink in the German duty room to see how the other half has been living....

enjoy the pics:

CR_firstKillJasta36.jpg

Jasta36FirstFlight02.jpg

Jasta36FirstFlight03.jpg

Jasta36_firstflight.jpg

Ohhh! I guess I'm going to have to bat for the other team for a bit. Maneuverable! Great view! Twin guns!! It's enough to drive a man to defect (or whatever they called it back then).

Ohhh! I guess I'm going to have to bat for the other team for a bit. Maneuverable! Great view! Twin guns!! It's enough to drive a man to defect (or whatever they called it back then).

Come join the 'Hun in the Sun' party. I currently have pilots flying in Jasta's 2, 5, 10 and 12, normally starting beginning of 1917 - they give a good mix of aircraft and aerodrome locations thoughout the Campaign if you can last that long!

Regards

Edited by Beanie

Guest British_eh

Hey, have been flying in Jasta 2, but the skin in 36 looks great.

Have noticed that there isn't the same "edge" to the DR1 now, and the sound modified quite differently. Just a little getting used to though. It seems that I'm in a real scrap with the Sop Camels, and so far they have had the better of me. 4.33 hrs is my best to date, compared to 20+ in P2.

Ah...realsism has it's price. Accuracy in shooting is now at a paltry 12 % , when I would be consistently in the 40 %'. It seems the AI just don't want me on their 6, and don't fly level anymore!

Nice pics.

Cheers,

British_eh