Sign in to follow this  
Siggi

OFF P3 BH&H DiD Killboard.

Looks good Siggi. I will report to the killboard if I ever survive long enough make it worthwhile (which is rare for me).

I like the use of the annotations to indicate use of TAC, labels and warp.

Cool. Thanks Siggi. Hopefully I'll get a young Fleiger up there soon.

-Rooster

man this is so cool.

We finally decided in allowing DiD/WTL correct?

Yes, it's in the rules now, you can have W and/or T and/or L or any combination thereof. If you're really hard you can have just DiD. ;)

I left a bit out of the report form (now amended) and clarified the DiD rating bit:

DiD Combat Reports.

Please submit your combat/stat updates to:

*** (as it appears on the killboard site) ***

Please use the following format and information:

In-game date (month and year only).

Squad (Eg, RFC54)

Forum Nik/Callsign.

DiD Rating (Eg DiD/T).

Pilot name.

Rank.

A/C.

Number of missions flown.

Number of hours flown (rounded down to whole number).

Number of claims.

Number of confirmed kills.

Awards given.

Please update the missing bits in your next reports. :good:

The rules page has been updated, all should now be perfectly clear. :yes:

Alex, could you make this a sticky please? :)

Edited by Siggi

Well done Siggi! :drinks:

As soon as my current pilot gets his kills confirmed, I am gonna put myself on the killboard.

By the way, are you sorting all the pilots manually or you are using the program from the other guy you were talking about?

Well done Siggi! :drinks:

As soon as my current pilot gets his kills confirmed, I am gonna put myself on the killboard.

By the way, are you sorting all the pilots manually or you are using the program from the other guy you were talking about?

I'm doing it manually, I've heard nothing back from Jetlag, and nor has anyone else.

To be honest the manual way looks better, the killboard-omatic is purely functional and offers no period ambiance.

Hey Siggi, looks good! You may want to edit your Origins text, though. Red Baron 2 came out in 1997, which is hardly the "early nineties" :wink:

RR

Siggi, thanks so much for this whole aspect of our communal interaction. I look forward to particapating. I appreciate that you posted #6 in this thread as I could print the black type for easy reference. I wonder if you could post the DID qualifying parameters here as well so they can be printed hard copy for reference when we check our workshop settings. Not all of my pilots are DID and I need a checklist.

Early nineties, I must have been thinking of Aces over Europe and SWoTL. :biggrin:

DiD Rules for OFF P3 BH&H

The OFF Campaign DiD Standard.

This is intended for the added enjoyment of those vPilots who choose to make the OFF experience as realistic as it can be. "Realistic experience", in this case, will be my interpretation of it, as I apply that to the standard I created many years ago for RB2-3D, a number of other sims subsequently and a one-year+ online war...DiD (Dead is Dead).

Some of the settings are open to debate. Mostly ones I've had in my own mind. Others may have differing opinions on them, and I'm open to consideration of those, but they will most likely make no way. This is not an expression of contempt, just that experience has shown that 'Rule by Commitee' doesn't work for DiD.

DiD is not intended to express contempt for those who play the sim by a 'lesser' standard. People play the game in whatever way they like, for whatever reasons they like. And their reasons are entirely valid for their own private purposes. But (BUT), if one wishes to express one's prowess in the public arena (for fun, ego, bragging-rights, light-hearted competitiveness etc) one should rightly be held to a common standard, otherwise the expression has no substantive meaning or value. DiD is intended to provide that standard, to put all those of a like mind on a level playing field as it were.

So...OFF DiD:

Workshop:

Weather mode: Historical

Weather dynamics: Dynamic

AI Weather Generator: Ignore

Sound levels: User's choice

Auto mixture: User's choice

Auto rudder: User's choice

Invincible: Off

Unlim weapons: Off

Unlim fuel: Off

Sunglare: On

G-effects: On

Aircraft stress: On

Force feedback: User's choice

Player flight model: Realistic

Player guns only: Normal

User Interface: All options are user's choice

Satistics: All options are user's choice

Campaign:

Date advance: User's choice

Mission frequency: Historical (weather mode)

Database warnings: User's choice

Regional air activity: User's choice

Aircraft spawn control: OFF campaign

Flight: All options user's choice

Graphics detail:

Skins: User's choice

Ground object density: User's choice

In cloud fog: On

Graphics & Detail: User's choice

Difficulty:

Realism: Normal claims ; promotion

AI gun fire (range): Realistic AI gun fire

Outcomes: Hard-Dead is Dead

Main guns: Normal

Rear guns: Hard

Wind: On

Gun jams: On

Graphics Config Button:

Graphics Config/File/Custom Settings/Window/Overides:

The following boxes MUST be ticked:

Disable targetting cone

Disable HUD

Disable chat

Disable advisor messages

Disable simulation warnings

The following boxes must be UN ticked:

Disable weather

Disable clouds

Disable fog

Disable rain

Disable in-cloud effect

Disable sun

Disable white-out

All other boxes are user's choice.

In-Game Functions:

TAC: Allowed, but your DiD rating must reflect this by the annotation "DiD/T".

Labels: Allowed, but your DiD rating must reflect this by the annotation "DiD/L".

Warp: Allowed, but your DiD rating must reflect this by the annotation "DiD/W".

If more than one of the above is used the annotation must show appropriately, eg "DiD/TLW".

MAP: Allowed. The game map, real maps and the landscape over which you fly are not sufficiently corrobative of one another to make real navigation more than an unrealistically difficult and hazardous chore.

Auto-Pilot: Allowed. It's a straight & level device, use of it will put you at a disadvantage in fact.

Visual Zoom: Allowed, it's binoculars.

Trim: Allowed. Rule. Only at the very beginning of a flight (on the runway) and not to be touched thereafter. It's use simulates a pilot and his fitters setting up his a/c on the ground to his liking. Fly your a/c in QC, find out how many clicks of each put your plane as you like it, then apply those same clicks to your a/c on the runway in campaign before each flight.

External Views: Not allowed, except to take screenies while paused. All flying and fighting must take place while in the cockpit with cockpit visible.

Padlock: Allowed. Inferior to TiR, which is most certainly allowed and highly recommended.

Pilot resurrection: Forbidden, under any circumstances.

NB: The sim's realism rating must be at least at 100% by whatever combination of settings available.

That's the DiD standard for OFF. If you wish to be regarded by it you are on your honour to observe it faithfully and may indicate your desire to such end by the inclusion of the acronym "DiD" (modified appropriately according to use of Warp, Labels and or TAC as outlined above) anywhere you bally well please.

I'll finish with the usual elitist bit..."DiD, sorts the men from the boys, the wheat from the chaff, the real vAces from the arcade wannabes!" :haha:

Edited by Siggi

Thanks Siggi, hard copy is now on file. Will report soon.

Checked my settings. I now have 110 realism. Is this what we want? I wonder do we want normal or hard weapon strength now after latest patch?

Just want to be on the same page.

Edited by Rickitycrate

Siggi, I am 110 real and have 2 confirmed but cannot in good conscience submit to the board as my current Did pilot seems to be immortal for some reason. I will create a new pilot and see if he is superman as well. I mean tot ist tot, ja?

Siggi, I am 110 real and have 2 confirmed but cannot in good conscience submit to the board as my current Did pilot seems to be immortal for some reason. I will create a new pilot and see if he is superman as well. I mean tot ist tot, ja?

Funny you should mention that, I've been flying quite a few QCs today and for the first few goes my pilot was surviving everything. I thought the team had turned off death in QC, but just now I started dying again. :dntknw:

Should be fun. Starting a new V1.26 pilot to have a go.

My only small quibble would be 'in cloud effect', which has been almost universally recommended to be turned off for realism. (Although rumour has it the setting may not even be functional).

If I set 'main guns' to 'hard' (Realism score 130%) is that a disqualifier?

Should be fun. Starting a new V1.26 pilot to have a go.

My only small quibble would be 'in cloud effect', which has been almost universally recommended to be turned off for realism. (Although rumour has it the setting may not even be functional).

If I set 'main guns' to 'hard' (Realism score 130%) is that a disqualifier?

It's hardly going to disqualify you if you make it harder than required. :biggrin:

For the record "In cloud effect" option is for the FOG when in a cloud (which is realistic that you do not see other craft well) so the button works.

At the moment there is no option in CFS3 to turn off turbulence.

For the record "In cloud effect" option is for the FOG when in a cloud (which is realistic that you do not see other craft well) so the button works. At the moment there is no option in CFS3 to turn off turbulence.

Ahh, OK!! I had previously had it in my head that 'virtual cockpit fog' was the whiteout effect in a cloud and the 'in cloud effect' was the turbulence.

Glad have this straightened out.

(p.s. If 'in cloud effect' is the fog, then do we know what 'vitual cockpit fog' does?)