Sign in to follow this  
Gunrunner

Has anyone managed to backport SF2 planes to WoX ?

Everything's in the title...

I've tried backporting the Hunter F.5 (using parts from the F5 from SF2 and the FGA9 from WoE) into SFP1 (fully patched), to no avail so far...

Any clues, ideas or simply confirmation it's (im)possible ?

PS: Ok, seems "impossible" as the SF2 LODs seem to map textures differently than SF1 ones.

Edited by Gunrunner

Everything's in the title...

I've tried backporting the Hunter F.5 (using parts from the F5 from SF2 and the FGA9 from WoE) into SFP1 (fully patched), to no avail so far...

Any clues, ideas or simply confirmation it's (im)possible ?

If you're using .lods from the SF2 model, then it won't work. They're compiled in Unicode, which earlier TW titles cannot read.

:salute: Thanks for the confirmation... too bad, I'll just have to migrate to SF2, won't be a complete loss of time though (except I'll lose the very few props still (half-)working).

Funny thing.

When I went back to SF 2006, I took with me the correct size B-52 lod from WoV PATCH 2008. Works great in Olde SF. Just had to change old decal positions to match new smaller B-52.

Wondering why was that done...

I'm sure we can find a way to blame Micro$oft for that..... :rofl: (vista+unicode= frustrated gamers?? :dntknw: )

Wrench

kevin stein

SF2 works fine under XP, Kev, so unicode isn't a "Vista" thing. Unicode's been around for quite some time.

Lex, Only SF2 has unicode .lod files. Lods from the Oct2008 patch-series are not in unicode, so that's why you can back-port them to earlier versions of TW games.

It's REALLLLY good to know the backwards compatibility is working!!!!

I know in my heart, TK wouldn't desert all the previous YEARS of mods we've all worked so hard on.

Wrench

kevin stein