Sign in to follow this  
Guest British_eh

Barrel Roll in the SE5a

Guest British_eh

I believe I remember reading in that olde Forum, about not being able to complete a Barrel Roll in an SE5a. Using TIR and pedals, this was achieved, with perhaps 100' in altitude lost, ( plilot error I am sure). Perhaps the twisty joy stick approach isn't' adaptable?

Cheers,

British_eh

I'll have to try it, I have a twisty stick. I'm not sure why that would matter. I do know it's all but impossible to aileron roll an Albatros, the roll rate just isn't there. When I feel the need, I fire up FS9 and grab a Pitts!

I just - sorta - barrelrolled my DIII with 1.26. It was ugly, it was slow, I lost tons of alt but I would still like to proclaim it a barrel roll. Only to the right btw, no chance of rolling it left. Yeah, I had to dive, otherwise I couldn't pull it off at all.

Edited by Geier

Well heck. The other day while flying the SE, I had just downed an Albatros and my squadron mate ahead of me did two complete victory rolls in front of me. First of all, it wasn't his anyway, and secondly, the jerk almost collided with me after the second one..... :dntknw:

I just did a barrel roll in the SE5 while flying level. It wasn't pretty, took forever and I lost a 100' or so of altitude as well as having the engine almost cut out while inverted.

Can't comment about 1.26 yet, after a 3 hour download, it says the files are corrupt. I'll have to wait until next week and get someone at work to download to a CD. Dial up sucks.

V1.26 various roll rates fixed. Some craft you must raise nose before attempting still (as was case with some) and most will still need good rudder, and nose control.