Sign in to follow this  
andqui

1.26 workshop questions

after installing 1.26, I noticed some workshop settings had gone...

1. what happened to the AA effectiveness? In it's place is the new weapons strength option... they aren't the same thing, are they? I would like to see a separate panel for each of them.

2. What happened to the gun concentration, i.e. wide/tight/normal, both for the player and the AI rear guns. Now there are boxes for weapon strength, for main and rear guns. How would the previous settings (wide/tight/normal) be translated into the new ones (easy, normal, hard)

ok- I flew an Eindekker mission with Jasta 1 in 1915 and here are my comments:

1. I would really like to see the ground fire difficulty option made into a separate option again- this way I can change it to easy for the early years and not effect AI air-to-air gunnnery

2. My wingmen sometimes want to fly too fast- i.e. they pass me and then have to circle around. If I fly above a certain speed they're fine.

3. This might be the hardest one- is it possible to get the Bristol scout AI to be more proficient at using the side-mounted Lewis? In this mission I flew, I had one or two nimble Scouts parked on my butt, but not shooting at me unless it was with a snap-shot as I passed in front of the gun. It might be hard to do, but is it possible to get the Scout AI to maneuver to aim with the side-gun instead of using an imaginary front-mounted one and only shooting when the target appears in front? I really appreciate the Dev's efforts and accomplishments when it comes to the CFS AI.. and I hope I don't sound too nitpicky- but as it is I can ignore Scouts behind me because they don't maneuver to get their gun trained on me.

4. The damage model looks good. The only kill I've witnessed was where the target got hit, went into a spin and crashed. That is much better than the constant slow spiral into the ground. When I get shot down, I usually end up spinning down because I try to push my damaged crate too far and end up paying for it. I have read that some people think this happens a little too easily- I have no comment because I haven't seen enough examples. If this is true, then I hope that the death maneuver will be kept, as the spinout/crash is definately the right way to go in most cases, and only the occurance. I mean that if it's too easy, then the number of bullets needed to do it is the problem, not the way the aircraft crashes.

thanks for listening

Edited by andqui

after installing 1.26, I noticed some workshop settings had gone...

1. what happened to the AA effectiveness? In it's place is the new weapons strength option... they aren't the same thing, are they? I would like to see a separate panel for each of them.

2. What happened to the gun concentration, i.e. wide/tight/normal, both for the player and the AI rear guns. Now there are boxes for weapon strength, for main and rear guns. How would the previous settings (wide/tight/normal) be translated into the new ones (easy, normal, hard)

1) Not necessary as the AA is scaled over the years anyway - there is a lot less AA in 1914 as opposed to late 1917 in the theatre.

2) The settings now affect spread and hitting power - and again not necessary to split as its cause and effect.

HTH

WM

yeah,,,and they put "reset cfs3" right where "config cfs3" used to be.....good thing i had my coffe first....