Sign in to follow this  
Fubar512

Attacking a Floating Buzz-saw

Surely up for a hard fight

Do Harpoons sound like a good idea?

S!

That's what got it in the end. You'll see one land about 200 yards astern, and another nailed the bastige, hitting amidships.

I rolled in on two with a flight of 4 F-18C's;

shot Harpoons, Harms, Mavricks, dropped bombs,

score -

4 Hornets in the drink...................

This one is a tough opponent!!

sounds like the old Kirov nuc powered battle cruiser

I learned from playing harpoon that you have to hit her from 2 or 3 sides at the same time

sounds like the old Kirov nuc powered battle cruiser

Udaloy II FFG

ok the 'little' sister to the Kirov

Ahh, the Admiral Chabenko. Due to the end of the Cold War they only actually built the one.

gallery_4923_257_399171.jpg

Yes that is a bottle of Vodka in my hand and no I'm not convinced by Russian flight safety!

gallery_4923_257_258896.jpg

AHAAA!!! Found you out Skippy!! Now we really KNOW what you do for a living .... trade Brit Brews for Russian Vodka!!! :rofl:

OTOH, it's nice to see more ships starting to come "down the ways", expecialy modern variants

Wrench

kevin stein

Looks Nice!!! (With a capital N)

When can we have it? (I'm eager to get shot down while flying anti-ship on the blue side :yes: )

Looks Nice!!! (With a capital N)

When can we have it? (I'm eager to get shot down while flying anti-ship on the blue side :yes: )

It's sort of a non-official "community" WIP at the MF, and I have no idea on when it will be ready, or, even if it will be made available for public release. I do not even have permission to name the artiste responsible for this project :biggrin:

The model still needs work, as only one of the two Kashtan CIWS mounts is currently animated (the main 2x130mm mount works, though). It also has a few "holes" in the model file (.lod) that need to be patched, and it needs to be texture-mapped. Otherwise, it's nicely, no, make that amazingly detailed, for what I gather is the modeler's first effort.

img00059.jpg

img00058.jpg

img00057.jpg

Looking good. If you want a few more pictures for reference/textures etc. I could uploaded some.

How do you get missions with the extra ships to work? I only get to attack unarmed cargo ships. I want to sink an armada.

Wow, it is quite detailed. Although recessing the windows seems a bit...overkill for this sim. Still, great work.

How do you get missions with the extra ships to work? I only get to attack unarmed cargo ships. I want to sink an armada.

You must either script your own mission, or reclassify warships as "cargoships", with the nationality set to generic, and let the system select them at random. I believe that there's a three-ship maximum for the cargoship classification, so the system will only use the first three, including the default TW cargoship.

Scripting your own missions yields the best results, as you can use multiple ship types within the same mission, and even setup ship-to-ship surface action.

Not only Rusian....

btw, us ships aren't a big issue to deal :(

8 sandards fired, no hit, for the 4 Fencers that were over the fleet, just one has been shooted down....

Fencer.jpg?t=1236548824

Not only Rusian....

That's because it's not using my data.ini :no:

You must either script your own mission, or reclassify warships as "cargoships", with the nationality set to generic, and let the system select them at random. I believe that there's a three-ship maximum for the cargoship classification, so the system will only use the first three, including the default TW cargoship.

Scripting your own missions yields the best results, as you can use multiple ship types within the same mission, and even setup ship-to-ship surface action.

Thanks, I'll try that. where are ships located in the objects directory?

That's because it's not using my data.ini :no:

shaaaaaaare? :biggrin:

Thanks, I'll try that. where are ships located in the objects directory?

Groundobjects

you can also include warshpis in target areas whit xxx_targets.ini and xxx_types

do something like this

[TargetType

Name=Warshpis´s name

FullName=Warships´s full name

TargetType=CHEMICAL_WEAPONS_PLANT this make it in strike mission random and campaing missons

ActiveYear=xxxx

TargetValue=250

UseGroundObject=TRUE

GroundObjectType=warship´s folder name expl. Patrolboat

RepairRate=0.0

StartDetectChance=50

StartIdentifiedChance=25

IncreaseDetectChanceKey=10

MaxVisibleDist=8000.0

DestroyedEffect=SmallRocketGroundExplosion

SecondaryEffect=VehicleFireEffect

SecondaryChance=50

after putting them in a target area

probleme they are static

Edited by cocas

Not only Rusian....

8 sandards fired, no hit, for the 4 Fencers that were over the fleet, just one has been shooted down....

Fencer.jpg?t=1236548824

In real world a U.S.Navy AGEIS class ship would make short work of those attacking planes :biggrin:

In real world a U.S.Navy AGEIS class ship would make short work of those attacking planes :biggrin:

Yeah, but that's a Spruance Class, not a Tico. My recce instructor would be so proud....