Sign in to follow this  
MK2

DR1 FM question

I'm new to the Dr1.

It seems whenever I leave the joystick in neutral the plane wants to zoom climb. I find myself constanly having to compensate by flying with joystick in a half dive position.

Is this normal?

I'm new to the Dr1.

It seems whenever I leave the joystick in neutral the plane wants to zoom climb. I find myself constanly having to compensate by flying with joystick in a half dive position.

Is this normal?

Have you tried the nose down trim key - num pad 7 - with Num Lock off to see if it works?

I remember from FCG days that these WW1 planes nearly always needed the pilot to lean on the stick slightly to keep them in level flight. Hands off for level flight didn't seem to be an option.

Good catch Fortiesboy! Definitely remember pressing the stick forward and applying some rudder too I believe in good ol FCG.

Have you tried the nose down trim key - num pad 7 - with Num Lock off to see if it works?

Going to try it. The bird is a beast in a turning dogfight but a handful everywhere else.

The reason I asked is because I had one misison prior to 1.26 and I just did not remember than . I was wondering if somehting in 1.26 made it that way.

Going to try it. The bird is a beast in a turning dogfight but a handful everywhere else.

Well, as usual with a "I know a guy who knows a guy" type story, YMMV but a friend of mine went to an airshow where they were fying a Dr.I rebuild and he talked to the pilot and the guy said that you had to constantly fly it, it wasn't really a plane that you could ever just take your hands off the stick with.

RR

The reason I asked is because I had one misison prior to 1.26 and I just did not remember than . I was wondering if somehting in 1.26 made it that way.

Just to add, the num pad 5 key is for nose up trim. Also, in my experience when I do have my crate trimmed out it becomes a problem in a furball where I have to apply a lot more forward stick to dive. As such I only use the trim between point A and B. Once the fight starts I add some nose down trim back in. Just have to fool with the trim keys to your liking..

Edited by Over50

Yes correct the DR1 was tail heavy and a handful to fly :)

- does using Trim affect DiD I wonder mmm ;)

Over 50 that did it. I adjust now after take off and all is golden.

I just had a 1 kill pilot with 7 claims in waiting to get confirmed get shot down , so it hurts but at least I'm flying better.

Just to add, the num pad 5 key is for nose up trim. Also, in my experience when I do have my crate trimmed out it becomes a problem in a furball where I have to apply a lot more forward stick to dive. As such I only use the trim between point A and B. Once the fight starts I add some nose down trim back in. Just have to fool with the trim keys to your liking..

CORRECTION: Use num pad key 1 for nose up trim, not 5 as I had posted (senior moment...)

Edited by Over50