Sign in to follow this  

I've been working my way through the operation quicksand campaign in SF2 flying a F-4D for the 4th FS, it moved onto January 67 and my squadron has "upgraded" to the F-4C which in my view is a bloody step backwards is it not? Whats going on there then? Also is there any articals out there that tell you how to fight agains fresco's?

I've been working my way through the operation quicksand campaign in SF2 flying a F-4D for the 4th FS, it moved onto January 67 and my squadron has "upgraded" to the F-4C which in my view is a bloody step backwards is it not? Whats going on there then? Also is there any articals out there that tell you how to fight agains fresco's?

Yes search old threads on here - been covered sooo many times - may even be some in the air combat section in the Military and general aviation forum. You will be looking to learn boom and zoom tactics and fighting in the vertical - out turning a MiG-17 is a big no as youve probably realised by now - and slowing down will often let the other MiG on your six close in for the kill :)

Same thing happened to me. I started in the D and upgraded to C :blink: Never get in a turning fight, get to know the strenghs of the F-4, keep your speed up, when the fight is on use full power and take it to the vertical. most important; read up on phantom tactics!

Edited by Viper6

thanks guys and it was the standard F-4C not the 67 version

thanks guys and it was the standard F-4C not the 67 version

maybe a typo who knows - should be easy to fix though if you want to alter the campaign files.

Like it was said before, take the fight into the vert. I strongly suggest to get used to using your wingman to help take down those pesky MiG-17's. I like to set mine up with kills by luring the mig close at my 6 o'clock and pulling him up while denying him a guns solution and order my wingy to attack my target. The mig will eventually lose speed and go to a near stall and go nose level making it an easy target. I've produced seven aces (not including me) in my squadron in the Operation: Quick Sand Campaign doing this. Takes practice using the comms and reading the enemy's E state.