Sign in to follow this  
Winder

Getting too many kills in 1.26?

In workshops set rear and main guns to hard... lower right

HTH

WM

Thanks WM - I like this patch very much from the little QC I've flown. As I've always said, if you get behind the enemy and get him in your sights, then your bullets should get some sort of result.

And now it seems they do.

Thanks for all the hard work.

Can you please clarify this -

I'm not sure of the AI range settings?

Is the realistic your old "shoot from 400 yds ", or is that the easy ?

I want to set it so that the AI don't fire till they are close.

TIA

Thanks WM - I like this patch very much from the little QC I've flown. As I've always said, if you get behind the enemy and get him in your sights, then your bullets should get some sort of result.

And now it seems they do.

Thanks for all the hard work.

Can you please clarify this -

I'm not sure of the AI range settings?

Is the realistic your old "shoot from 400 yds ", or is that the easy ?

I want to set it so that the AI don't fire till they are close.

TIA

Realistic is as it was before - right or wrong!

HTH

WM

HTH

WM

Getting too many kills has NEVER been a problem for me on OFF2 or 3.

Its clear that the world is divided into two groups of people. Thems what get too many kills and thems what don't get enough and them's what keep their hit rate to themselves.

Getting too many kills has NEVER been a problem for me on OFF2 or 3.

Its clear that the world is divided into two groups of people. Thems what get too many kills and thems what don't get enough and them's what keep their hit rate to themselves.

With all the workshops settings available now in V1.26 I hope that everyone can set up the sim such that it enables them to feel comfortable with the difficulty/ease.

HTH

WM

On a mission last night, I dropped 3 DII's with my N17. Each time I caught them at the top of a zoom climb when they had no energy and were basically stationary relative to me. I gave each a good long burst into the cockpit area from no more than 150 feet away and... each went down! That has NEVER happened before. Usually, I would have to rinse and repeat twice. So that, if nothing else, is a good thing :) We may now be being rewarded for the good gunnery skills we have developed over the last month and a half. I did notice that in a QC using a Camel against some DV's that they went down with a couple of not-too-spectacular looking deflection bursts, but when I looked at the accuracy stats, they were still in the 30's. Things seem pretty good right about now. We'll keep playing and reporting. I have also been pummeled to the ground by ground forces on my last two ground attack missions, though, so it seems to cut both ways. There will probably be a new learning curve for the next ten missions or so. The spinning deaths are very nice and I actually saw a wing fall off a DII in the above flight in the N17. That's a first for me!

Nice Winder!

RR

The dogfights are ROCKIN'! :good:

Well at least I'm not alone!

I NEVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEER get too many kills..ever. Now with DiD all spiffed up..clearly I'll be

D (ead) i (nflight) D (ogfighter)!

Royce

HTH

WM

I think youv'e got it spot on now, Before v1.26 i couldn't tell if was damaging the enemy a/c or not?,but as soon as i got hit bits flew off all over the place.

Now he gets what i was getting so a big thumbs up from me. :good::good::good:

HTH

WM

Tried it. Setting main guns to 'hard' surely does make hitting targets much harder.

The tracers seem to fly off at about 10 to 15 degrees from the centre-line of the gun so quite a wild bullet scatter.

I guess the AI will have the same problem so will only hit you from short range (no sniping), which could be a good effect.

Still undecided....