Sign in to follow this  
Hokum

Has anyone done a Buccaneer for tw sims?

The old banana bomber is one of my favourite FAA and RAF aircraft. I've searched about alot here and on line and it seems popular but no models? Is there a reason for this?

The old banana bomber is one of my favourite FAA and RAF aircraft. I've searched about alot here and on line and it seems popular but no models? Is there a reason for this?

I haven't been able to find one... I also love that bird! Any WIP of it?

Yes one was in the works years back - but it hasnt been released to the public yet.

Yes one was in the works years back - but it hasnt been released to the public yet.

Any reason? Is it hard to model due to the blown wings?

Any reason? Is it hard to model due to the blown wings?

I don't know but I'd take a version without!

It was an amazing aircraft that should have been developed quicker, developed more comprehensively and kept in service longer too!

BTW didn't the F-104 have a blown wing? Or a partially blown wing?

It was an amazing aircraft that should have been developed quicker, developed more comprehensively and kept in service longer too!

Didn't have time on its side huh?

I havent done much with it lately tho its not forgotten...whe I was doing it last I ran into modders cramp...lol...but I ill resume it very soon and get it done...I hope to get the pit for it done too...

bucc.jpg

bucc2.jpg

bucc3.jpg

bucc4.jpg

bucc5.jpg

Boy, I feel like dying every time you post your wip shots of the Bucc, Russo! It'll be fantastic to see that baby in overall EDSG with 809NAS' Phoenix on the tail... thanks for sharing the pics! Very nice work indeed... Didn't you also consider an S.1 at some point, or am I imagining things again... :not_i:

SB

If I get time I can do the S1...

Ive got to find the texturesI did for pit as ive got em on a backup cd somewhere among 100`s of em...lol...but heres a shot of it...

bucc6.jpg

Edited by russouk2004

Didn't Razbam make one for the MFS series? Surprised they didn't make it for TW as well... I love the bird.

You really should finish that.

Ditto. Looks like a beauty to me.

:clapping: Will be as a dream that become real!

:clapping::clapping:

Great work so far!

Rock on...

She looks fantastic Rus...if I can be of any help, let me know

WOOHOO!

Rus, minor point, it looks like you've got the early S.2 wing which I don't think the RAF ever used, the later one moved the outboard pylons further out for Martel fin clearance and lost the fifth vortex generator, counting from the inside, the outer pylon ends up under the gap. The new pylons used the new standard NATO connection vs the original single point UK connection so I'm 99% sure all the RAF examples had it and all the RN ones got it by '72 at the latest.

Oh and I think that's an S.1 cockpit going by some of the magnetic indicators and the engine gauge layout, if you want references I have the Pilot's Notes for both in PDF format which have some nice shots of the cockpits.

Hands up who thinks I'm making a Buccaneer for FSX?

Edited by SkippyBing

Oh God! :blink:

Man! That pit looks sooooo real! I can even feel it!

Wish I could do such a thing like that for my projects :sad:

Edited by AleDucat

a flying bananna would be fantastic, lightnings on point air defence, toom's on CAP and sweep, bannanas on low level strike.

A man does have his dreams haha

Ive been waiting since 05 for this! LOL. It would be awesome in the camo above as well as anti-flash white, or even the desert storm sand pink. I want that thing loaded up with rockets and bombs and you name it!

I know there was a recce pod that could go in the bomb bay, did they ever make a gun pod?