Sign in to follow this  
Hokum

Has anyone done a Buccaneer for tw sims?

Thanks sugarblues, i missed this link once! :biggrin:

Should i stop? No more updates? No problem.....

Just a joke! :biggrin:

Do that and I could arrange a low level run by a Tornado or 12!!!! :rofl:

Cant wait!

http://www.hunterteam.com/gallery/gallery_0056.htm

Could be some interesting skins...

Buccaneers dont pull up on take off they just pull up the under carrage and keep flying ;)

I suspect that the modders have found this site but never the less...

http://www.blackburn-buccaneer.co.uk/0_Contents.html

Coloum 5, "In fact the A-7 is just as fast at sea level, has better endurance"

This is'n strictly true the S.Mk.2B's range with no external fuel was 2,300 miles the A-7's by comparison, is 2,200 miles. The Buccaneer had an endurance of 9 hrs, i have no figures for the A-7

Guys, please keep the "X" is better then "Y" stuff out of here. Every aircraft is the best... Specially when it´s availlable for the TW series!!! :haha:

This topic has allready been hijacked from "is it availlable" to "it´s WIP". So let´s keep it on track.

Russo, thanks again for sharing the source file with us!!!

Although the GMG is now working on the Bucc, this is still your model and all appreciations belong to you!

Guys, please keep the "X" is better then "Y" stuff out of here. Every aircraft is the best... Specially when it´s availlable for the TW series!!! :haha:

This topic has allready been hijacked from "is it availlable" to "it´s WIP". So let´s keep it on track.

Russo, thanks again for sharing the source file with us!!!

Although the GMG is now working on the Bucc, this is still your model and all appreciations belong to you!

or is it this one.... :skull:

ctp.jpg

I felt that something important was missing from that Picture ....Thus :lmaosmiley:

Edited by Veltro2k

I felt that something important was missing from that Picture ....Thus

Muuuuuuuuuutley!

medal medal medal medal! :lmaosmiley:

That is one sweet looking plane! Carry on the great work!

Just wondering if anyone has come up with a UK 1000lb bomb with the Hunting retarding tail unit yet for that essential bucc retard defence? Nothing better than a face full of high velocity fragments to rid yourself of pesky fighters! :biggrin:

No need to model them, because there´s no use in game. The generic AI is stupid, it nails their aircraft into the ground, while chasing the Bucc through the weeds, before you could even open the bomb bay! :haha:

Joke aside. I bet ravenclaw will help me gently with adding this to the final release! :wink: If he´s not reading this, i´ll ask him gently.

Too true about the AI. Thanks for that though as it would also benefit a lot of the RAF planes currently out there too!

+1 ... para retarded 1000lb'ers.. much needed hardware ...

Nothing like a bit of retard defence ;)

Not a biggie, but the in takes on this look a little "off" i cant put my finger on what it is.

Here are some fine images of the real thing which may help.

http://www.blackburn-buccaneer.co.uk/Pages...oto2_Index.html

Btw once you have the skin layout ready can you forward me a copy, i'd live to do a skin for you guys.

Improving the exhausts, left one polygons added and modeled some details. Not sure if this is correct, if someone has a detail shot if it inside feel free to post in here! :biggrin::wink:

Also the working windshield whiper! Animation key 8 gives you a 5 time interval movement to clear the front of bugs, sand, rain, deers and fish! :haha:

As in Skippy's shot, the Blackburn shares the same kind of exhausts as the Scimitar, with that shaped 'extrusion' from the fuselage to marry with the engine. It's hard to tell from your shot.

Keep up with the good work.

Thanks for taking this on GMG !

The Bucc' holds a special place in my heart and you guys have done in a couple of days what I couldn't do in months so you have my gratitude and admiration.

XV168 will fly again :wink:

Muuuuuuuuuutley!

medal medal medal medal! :lmaosmiley:

You forgot the pigeon.

I don't know if they were ever brought here in view of the Confrontation back then...

AUP is the Avionics Upgrade Program, wich resulted in the use of Sea Eagle missiles. All versions had the option to carry the bulged bomb bay cover to use the internal mounted fueltank. Here, the bulged door is automatic loaded when you select the fueltank in the loadout menu, while the non-bulged doors are used when bombs are carried. :wink:

Wasn't it so that the bulged bomb bay doors actually contained fuel ?

Hou doe,

Derk :wink:

Yes, the bulged bomb bay door was also the lower hull of the additional fuel tank. The usual bomb door rotated into the bomb bay and brought the weapons into release position. With the bulged door, the rotation was not possible.

Thanks for taking this on GMG !

The Bucc' holds a special place in my heart and you guys have done in a couple of days what I couldn't do in months so you have my gratitude and admiration.

Hopefully you will work your magic and produce some glorious Gulf War skins featuring some fabulous nose art. The Gulf War saw a re-emergence of classic nose art on RAF Tornados and Buccaneers, perhaps we will even see a unique Syrinx piece of Nose art.

post-27199-1238146865_thumb.jpg

post-27199-1238146996_thumb.jpg

Edited by lazboy

Yes, the bulged bomb bay door was also the lower hull of the additional fuel tank. The usual bomb door rotated into the bomb bay and brought the weapons into release position. With the bulged door, the rotation was not possible.

I was under the impression you could still rotate the bomb bay with the bulged door, I'll try and dig out my reference, the curve on it is designed to fit through the gap in the fuselage. You could fit the bomb bay fuel tank without the bulged section on the door, the RN certainly did as they never used the bulged door due to clearance with carrier landings.

I felt that something important was missing from that Picture ....Thus :lmaosmiley:

Genius... STOP THAT PIGEON!!!

where is the difference on the red and black bomb symbols? they look like they were guided laser bombs

Black is Designation missions for the Tornado's and the Red is for actual Laser bombing by the Buccaneer.

Hopefully you will work your magic and produce some glorious Gulf War skins featuring some fabulous nose art. The Gulf War saw a re-emergence of classic nose art on RAF Tornados and Buccaneers, perhaps we will even see a unique Syrinx piece of Nose art.

The GMG guys include excellent skinners so I don't think we'll have any worries on that front.

However, should a template find it's way to my humble Photoshop installation, who know's? lol.

I'd fly a Bucc' even if it was bright yellow with blue polka dots on it.

I'd fly a Bucc' even if it was bright yellow with blue polka dots on it.

Not so sure about the blue polka dots but she is a beautiful lady with curves in all the right places from a classic era of british aircraft that I fear we will never see the like of again.

Lazboy

I have planned to have 3 different versions of the external model. An early S.Mk.2 with closer arranged weapon stations and the early wingtips, the S.Mk.2B capable to use Martel missiles (wider weapon stations) and the S.Mk2.B wich were used in Operation Granby (Desert Storm) equipped with permanent Chaff and Flare dispensers.

I hope to get a set of skins done. An Fleet Air Arm skin, a green/grey RAF camo and the desert pink one with accurate nose-arts. Of course layered Templates will be included! :wink:

BTW, Syrinx, is the "bright yellow with blue polka dots" a request? :biggrin: