Sign in to follow this  
ndicki

Rhodesian Hunter FGA.9 WIP for SF2

Just to tease a bit - I'm quite proud of this. A couple of days work on the part of a relative newbie to SF. :biggrin: With Sidewinders...

I admit the aircraft needs weathering and generally making less "regular." That's the next bit of work.

SF2 only - don't ask for miracles! And I still need a real modeller to do those pylons/rails, which frankly aren't up to it. But still... And I hope Spinners agrees - it's his mod of the stock FGA.9 which I've used as a starting point. It'll be a full stand-alone, and the tanks are version-specific, so they won't get in the way of your RAF Hunters. Makes life easier.

You are on the right path here, but...

"If you put Winders on Hunter, the time is right to buy new fighter planes" - Jimbib

:biggrin:

Ah, but there wasn't anybody to buy them from, was there? And the South Africans had their own troubles, so they couldn't help much more than they were already doing.

Sure, please finish your mod.

Look this one>

1398478.jpg

Where is the Hunter in the bottom picture from?

Edited by JA 37 Viggen

Where is the Hunter in the bottom picture from?

Chilean , btw, those that killed Salvador Allende in it's palace :blink:

Edited by Silverbolt

Fantastic progress and a great looking skin!

Thanks!

The difference being that the Chileans, Singaporeans and Swiss, among others, used the outboard pylon. The South Africans added a third central pylon, which is the unusual bit. Although the aircraft were Rhodesian - SAAF didn't fly Hunters - they were modified by SAAF techs.

By the way, Spinners, as you're into "What-ifs" - have you seen my Rhodesian Gina? Ex-Portuguese AF, the story goes...