Sign in to follow this  
warthog64

The best graphics quality, How do I get it?

I've been playing thirdwire sims a long time, and have always wondered one thing. How do you get the best graphics, and quality? I have a new computer, and I believe I follow all the rules for graphical, and video enhancements setups. However I have never been able to get my game looking like some of the images on this website which look incredible. For example I have done all the Terraindata changes for shimmering water, the problem of the ground, and buildings shimmering as well, post Oct2008 patch but still cannot fix anything. Also all the aircraft still have the odd shimmering pattern around their sillhouette's no matter what I do. I know I'm not an expert, and all this is probably just my inexperience. But is there an instructional article, or any fix for an inexperienced gamer on how to easily get the graphics up to these great standards? I don't mind how long any fix takes, that's fine with me. I've recieved outstanding help from the members of this site, and I thanks everyone. But if anyone can help with this one somewhat large problem I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks Again Everyone!

It would help if you let us know your system specs, especially graphics card etc.

Also post a screenshot of your "poor" graphics so we can maybe see what the issue is.

Lots of talented people here who know a thing or two about such things (sadly though, I'm not one of them).

There are so many variables and what's good varies from one person to another.

Processor2.0GHz Intel Core 2 Duo T6400Memory4GB, 800MHz DDR2Hard drive320GB 5,400rpmChipsetMobile Intel GM45 Express ChipsetGraphics512MB ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3650Operating SystemWindows Vista Premium SP1 (64-bit)

I am currently not around my own computer but i'll post a screenshot asap. And yes I know about the problems with Vista, but I had these same problems with my old XP computer I recently replaced with this one.

Thanks alot

Edited by warthog64

I believe the TW series has some issues with some ATI cards

Find your advanced settings on the graphics card - and I cant speak for ATI cards but you should be able to set up a profile for WOE/WOV etc etc blah

in each profile you should be able to up the anti-aliasing and anisotropic filtering - which will make a difference - you will need to experiment to find the best settings though - to much of the above will slow you right down!!

as for issues with ATI cards try a search basically unless someone here can advise - its likely you should get non shimmering trees with ATI cards??

Find your advanced settings on the graphics card - and I cant speak for ATI cards but you should be able to set up a profile for WOE/WOV etc etc blah

in each profile you should be able to up the anti-aliasing and anisotropic filtering - which will make a difference - you will need to experiment to find the best settings though - to much of the above will slow you right down!!

as for issues with ATI cards try a search basically unless someone here can advise - its likely you should get non shimmering trees with ATI cards??

Where exactly do I find these options, are they in the control panel?

Open catalyst control center and go to 3d, change the Anti aliasing and Antroscopic filtering settings to manual and take the slider all the way to the right. Then go to your profile manager and make a new profile. Name it WO* or something you will remember and save it. Now every time you want to play a WO* game activate that profile. This will force AA and AF in the game which makes it look a million times better.

Open catalyst control center and go to 3d, change the Anti aliasing and Antroscopic filtering settings to manual and take the slider all the way to the right. Then go to your profile manager and make a new profile. Name it WO* or something you will remember and save it. Now every time you want to play a WO* game activate that profile. This will force AA and AF in the game which makes it look a million times better.

Well I just downloaded catalyst control center but it does not appear to be anywhere on my computer, is there a certain folder to find it in?

The catalyst control center did make it look ALOT better, good enough for me. I had no idea it was so simple, thanks again for everyone's help!

Just make sure you deactivate those settings when you play other games. The reason you have to do it through Catalyst is because the SFP1 engine does not directly support AA and AF. Almost all modern games do however, and its better to configure that in the game itself.