Sign in to follow this  
Laton

My God.....it's full of stars!

I'm back baby!

futurama1.jpg

After far too long away from modelling (who knew a baby would take up so much time?) :dntknw::biggrin::blink:

wip1a.jpg

wip2a.jpg

wip3a-1.jpg

Hansa Brandenburg D-1 "Star-Strutter"

Still a bit of work to go but hopefully not too long - a month maybe? Depending on how much time I can grab. :biggrin:

FM, skins etc to be sorted out a bit later. I plan on doing this one and the early version with the tiny tail/rudder.

I'm back baby!

futurama1.jpg

After far too long away from modelling (who knew a baby would take up so much time?) :dntknw::biggrin::blink:

wip1a.jpg

wip2a.jpg

wip3a-1.jpg

Hansa Brandenburg D-1 "Star-Strutter"

Still a bit of work to go but hopefully not too long - a month maybe? Depending on how much time I can grab. :biggrin:

FM, skins etc to be sorted out a bit later. I plan on doing this one and the early version with the tiny tail/rudder.

that is probobly the best news I have had in a while. :clapping:

Great to see you back, Laton. Thought you'd gone for good TBH.

Good to know the baby hasn't taken up absolutely ALL your spare time...The HB D.I looks great! :ok:

It carried some beautiful personal markings too, so it'll be a skinners dream.

All the best.

Bucky

Welcome back, Laton. Did ya miss me? :biggrin:

Wow, looking great!

I'll try to get my Strutter ready soon... Just have to find some more time.

As a guy with a 6 month-old at home, I totally get where you're coming from Laton!!

Wonderful plane, i like it.

welcome back

happy to see you again

your new plane look good

thank you

Christian

Quick update, not a lot of modelling but I've remapped and after spending some time at this site working through some tutorials I've done a bit of re-skinning

wipx1.jpg

wipx2.jpg

Edited by Laton

Impressive!!!

I have a few ideas to exchange with you, Laton, perhaps you could drop me a pm sometime...

:biggrin:

Two more. Mapping is probably 98% done. Some more detail to add - including the exhaust, then break her up into components, add the prop disks, create the damage nodes and export the coordinates for the damage boxes and other points (gun location, engine, fuel etc). Then I'll start getting it in-game and play around, make sure the animations work.

wipx3.jpg

wipx4.jpg

I don't know about a new pit. It would be nice, but if I can get an existing one to fit (Albatross maybe?) I'll go with that.

Edited by Laton

:biggrin:

Two more. Mapping is probably 98% done. Some more detail to add - including the exhaust, then break her up into components, add the prop disks, create the damage nodes and export the coordinates for the damage boxes and other points (gun location, engine, fuel etc). Then I'll start getting it in-game and play around, make sure the animations work.

wipx3.jpg

wipx4.jpg

I don't know about a new pit. It would be nice, but if I can get an existing one to fit (Albatross maybe?) I'll go with that.

Pit would be nice but I'm sure it's not a deal breaker for 99% of us.It's wierd While I always liked the Starstrutter I for the most part thouight it was rather ugly.seeing it in 3d it's kinda "vulture" like and has a meaness to it .it's looking to be a great addition and an excellent step to a Astro-Italian campaign.

Pit would be nice but I'm sure it's not a deal breaker for 99% of us.It's wierd While I always liked the Starstrutter I for the most part thouight it was rather ugly.seeing it in 3d it's kinda "vulture" like and has a meaness to it .it's looking to be a great addition and an excellent step to a Astro-Italian campaign.

The location of the gun is problematic for pilots. Once it jams there is no way of clearing it. I can't remember if gun jams are an individual setting for each aircraft or just a general one but it could lead to some frustrating times if you have it turned on for this crate :blink:

It's looking to be a great addition and an excellent step to a Astro-Italian campaign.

Well, we've got the SP.3 and there is a very good chance my next project will be the Ansaldo S.V.A.5

Edited by Laton

:good::biggrin: that would be very cool.

A while ago someone here ( wish I could remember who :dntknw: ) sent me a datafile on the SVA.5 so I've got a good reference. I think I may have even set up my 3-view plans in 3DMax at one point.

Got a pit made up for the Starstrutter now, still some work to do as its causing my copy of FE to CTD :blink: and I noticed that I still need to add a tail-skid. A little more skinning work to be done as well, just tidying up a few panels. I did get it into the game last night OK.

In-game and working

ingame_pic.jpg

The view is somewhat cluttered :blink:

ingame_pit.jpg

Got a few mapping oddities to sort out and still have to do more work on the pit.

Lots of the .ini dance to do now.

ETA: I've had to build a new pilot figure to fit in the model as the pit is a lot narrower than a lot of other aircraft - the stock pilot's shoulders are far to wide.

My figure building and mapping/painting skills leave a lot to be desired. If anyone has a mapped pilot figure in Max that I could have to scale & fit it would be much appreciated.

Edited by Laton

ETA: I've had to build a new pilot figure to fit in the model as the pit is a lot narrower than a lot of other aircraft - the stock pilot's shoulders are far to wide.

My figure building and mapping/painting skills leave a lot to be desired. If anyone has a mapped pilot figure in Max that I could have to scale & fit it would be much appreciated.

I would be happy to help. I have several figures that need to have recently learned lessons applied, so while doing that I could custom-tailor a figure to fit in the Starstrutter. Send me a PM. :yes:

EvilHunPilot-3.jpg

looks great Laton

I've always liked those crazy A-H designs...

there's a smaller pilot here http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?showt...04&hl=pilot

post 3

if you are in a hurry (i'm sure geezer's will be better, this one is pre expansion pack so a little sparse poly wise)

Hey p10ppy, thanks I'll take a look when I get home. I've been in touch with Geezer and as I still have to do the damage model a bit of a delay for a new pilot won't be an issue.

After a bit more research I'll probably release this one as the version licence-built by Phonix with several improvements over the Hansa-Brandenberg type. The Phonix had the larger tail, better seat position for the pilot and more powerful engine. The original starstrutter seems to have been a bit of a dog to fly. I'll release that version with the small rudder etc a bit later.