Sign in to follow this  
Dave

My New Toy

Bushmaster, Sig Arms folding stock, complete rail system, with case, only $900.00, The guy who owned it, never fired it. Was a good deal.

Sorry about the bad pic.

Yes it should, no more cawing or twittering in morning in your neighborhood :biggrin:

Nice though, seriously.

Jealous

Yours got a nice 40mm add-on, IIRC

Yours got a nice 40mm add-on, IIRC

It's issued to me, but it's not really mine to keep. It stays in the armory at the unit and is only on my person when I'm working. And that M-203 launcher only gets attached if I'm deployed in Iraq or Afghanistan, and only if I get deployed as a grenadier. Besides, the last time I had it attached, the only thing I fired were flares. :rolleyes:

I wish i could get some of those toys.

In the words of Jack Nicolson as the Joker in Batman... "Where does he get those wonderfull toys?"

Perfect for home defense! Great!

Perfect for home defense! Great!

lol... are you sure? I think he needs more firepower.  :rolleyes:

Good deal my azz, you stole that,lol. I dont think you could get JUST the rifle for $900 brand new.

is it 3shot burst or full?

You mean like a 10 gauge shot gun loaded with HE rounds?

Good deal my azz, you stole that,lol. I dont think you could get JUST the rifle for $900 brand new.

is it 3shot burst or full?

Single shot. Which for what we do is perfect. Some of the guys I shoot with have set up a kill house for CQB drills. We are all military and one cop. We get in full battle rattle and practice room entry and clearing. So short controlled shots are prefered.

You mean like a 10 gauge shot gun loaded with HE rounds?

Had something like this in mind

_fun001.jpg

Had something like this in mind

_fun001.jpg

:rofl:

that's awesome!!

Dave, outstanding weapon!! I'd love to come out and pop a few rounds!!

Edited by Typhoid

Single shot. Which for what we do is perfect. Some of the guys I shoot with have set up a kill house for CQB drills. We are all military and one cop. We get in full battle rattle and practice room entry and clearing. So short controlled shots are prefered.

Read an article in a gun magazine, where one guy was reviewing the M4 Commando. Article said that full-auto is basically pointless half of the time, especially for law enforcement.

I wish i could get some of those toys.

Well, assuming you do not have a significant criminal record, all you have to do is move away from the Peoples Republic of California. Arizona is good and close too if you really want to be near family, but I prefer Florida for my gun buying.

While stationed there I picked up quite a few nice guns for the collection. That was a steal Dave. Depending on the handgrip and light types the rifle combo is worth between $1000 to $1500 easy. Bushmaster is a really good brand too. I have three of them, an M-4 an AR-15A2 and a long barreled Bushmaster .308 (Very nice weapon that .308). I picked up one of the last Colt built AR-15's before they stopped manufacture for the civilian market. I have a Rock River Entry Tactical (basiclly an M-4) dolled up with fancy gadgets... OK, just a foregrip, collapsable stock, Hoage grip, a surefire laser/light combo and an ACOG 4x sight. Even if it is not fired it will scare the crap out of anyone dumb enough to break in to my place. I use my .308 for long ranges so I have it equipped with a Harris Bipod and a Leupold VII scope and have been able to hit targets out to 800 yards (the limit of my laser rangefinder) within a five to nine inch spread usually... which is good for me. My best was a three inch spread at 800 yards but that was a fluke. All of my M-16 derivative rifles are far more accurate than the crappy Rumanian AK-47 I have. Next on the list for acquisition is an M-14 or depending on whether I can save enough money on my next cruise a Barrett M-82A1/M-107.

Edited by Vampyre

Well, assuming you do not have a significant criminal record, all you have to do is move away from the Peoples Republic of California. Arizona is good and close too if you really want to be near family, but I prefer Florida for my gun buying.

While stationed there I picked up quite a few nice guns for the collection. That was a steal Dave. Depending on the handgrip and light types the rifle combo is worth between $1000 to $1500 easy. Bushmaster is a really good brand too. I have three of them, an M-4 an AR-15A2 and a long barreled Bushmaster .308 (Very nice weapon that .308). I picked up one of the last Colt built AR-15's before they stopped manufacture for the civilian market. I have a Rock River Entry Tactical (basiclly an M-4) dolled up with fancy gadgets... OK, just a foregrip, collapsable stock, Hoage grip, a surefire laser/light combo and an ACOG 4x sight. Even if it is not fired it will scare the crap out of anyone dumb enough to break in to my place. I use my .308 for long ranges so I have it equipped with a Harris Bipod and a Leupold VII scope and have been able to hit targets out to 800 yards (the limit of my laser rangefinder) within a five to nine inch spread usually... which is good for me. My best was a three inch spread at 800 yards but that was a fluke. All of my M-16 derivative rifles are far more accurate than the crappy Rumanian AK-47 I have. Next on the list for acquisition is an M-14 or depending on whether I can save enough money on my next cruise a Barrett M-82A1/M-107.

Actually, if you're in the military, just take a vacation to Texas or another state that virtually has not limits, where you have been stationed at before, buy your weapon there and drive back home with it. If anybody asks where you got your weapon from, just tell them the truth, you're in the military, you were stationed over at that state for a while and picked up the gun over there. As long as you don't go into the specifics of the time period of when you were stationed and when you got the gun, you'll be essentially telling them the truth. I know, shame on me for giving up that tip, but I hate California and like to get them in every loop hole possible.

Actually, if you're in the military, just take a vacation to Texas or another state that virtually has not limits, where you have been stationed at before, buy your weapon there and drive back home with it. If anybody asks where you got your weapon from, just tell them the truth, you're in the military, you were stationed over at that state for a while and picked up the gun over there. As long as you don't go into the specifics of the time period of when you were stationed and when you got the gun, you'll be essentially telling them the truth. I know, shame on me for giving up that tip, but I hate California and like to get them in every loop hole possible.

Shhh! We don't want everyone to know that.

Read an article in a gun magazine, where one guy was reviewing the M4 Commando. Article said that full-auto is basically pointless half of the time, especially for law enforcement.

Full auto is a huge liability for law enforcement, although it has it's place in the hands of a well trained operator. Two or three round burst is far superior to full Auto in most situations but there is very little

that I can't accomplish with a fine tuned super accurate semi auto .

Full Auto is usually used for those "Holy @$#&*! A whole @$#&*ing mob of zombies (or eels - take your pick) are rushing towards me" situations. Basically, in a very, very target rich environment where everything in front of you, including the horizon, is hostile. Pretty much got to wait till Armagedon to really find it useful.

Edited by serverandenforcer

Full Auto is usually used for those "Holy @$#&*! A whole @$#&*ing mob of zombies (or eels - take your pick) are rushing towards me" situations. Basically, in a very, very target rich environment where everything in front of you, including the horizon, is hostile. Pretty much got to wait till Armagedon to really find it useful.

lol, yeah,obviously, on full auto, the first three shots are on target, the rest, you are just anti-aircraft fire (high and to the right)

but sometimes the only way out of, lets say, an ambush is overwelming fire, then full auto comes in handy