Sign in to follow this  
Baywing

AI Flight Leaders

Is it just me, or do they all fly off and leave you? I usually end up as lead, but lately a few new pilots of mine are ending up following the leader. Enroute to the target area, it seems like the leader and other wingmen just take off leaving me in their exhaust. I'm running at full throttle, trying to match their climb and just keep falling behind. I loose about 100 yards/mile. I'm usually carrying less than a full load of fuel, too. Last mission, I headed home after taking some engine hits and with no leaks landed with less than 10% fuel left, so I don't think I want to drop my fuel levels any lower. I've noticed this flying for both sides and with different a/c. If turns are involved I can sometimes close the gap by cutting across a chord, but being left behind on my own with lots of the enemy around doesn't give me a warm, fuzzy feeling.

Yes but leader will slow down on route and you can catch up. AI is not yet human, just nearly. If we get enough support we can work more on improving AI even more.

Try other craft some are better than others slightly.

Make sure you apply 1.26 and the hotfix btw.

When we are circling the field, the leader does slow, but enroute, when the other wingies are caught up, they all just go for it. I should be able to get someone to dl 1.26 for me in a day or two. My dial up took 3 hours and the file ended up corrupt yesterday, so I'm not in the mood to try it again. I have the hotfix, though, that one was easy, just waiting on the main.

When we are circling the field, the leader does slow, but enroute, when the other wingies are caught up, they all just go for it. I should be able to get someone to dl 1.26 for me in a day or two. My dial up took 3 hours and the file ended up corrupt yesterday, so I'm not in the mood to try it again. I have the hotfix, though, that one was easy, just waiting on the main.

1.26 will help Baywing. Hang in there. Once you get it loaded, give us a shout and let us know if that cured it. We appreciate the feedback.

OvS