Sign in to follow this  
Herr Prop-Wasche

O/T Kidney Stones--Not Fun!

Good question, WM! Probably because 1) I have never had kidney stones before, so they may never bother me (unlikely, I'm sure), 2) No national health in USA, 3) I have no private health insurance.

IOW, if I was loaded with lots of money or had private health insurance out the wazoo, I would have been whisked away for ultrasonic treatment faster than you can say "Pisser!"

Good question, WM! Probably because 1) I have never had kidney stones before, so they may never bother me (unlikely, I'm sure), 2) No national health in USA, 3) I have no private health insurance.

IOW, if I was loaded with lots of money or had private health insurance out the wazoo, I would have been whisked away for ultrasonic treatment faster than you can say "Oh, pisser!"

IOW, if I was loaded with lots of money or had private health insurance out the wazoo, I would have been whisked away for ultrasonic treatment faster than you can say "Pisser!"

IOW, if I was loaded with lots of money or had private health insurance out the wazoo, I would have been whisked away for ultrasonic treatment faster than you can say "Oh, pisser!"

One of the good things about having a Free National Health Service I guess :yes:

One of the good things about having a Free National Health Service I guess :yes:

It ain't free, and there's nothing good about such a system.

It ain't free, and there's nothing good about such a system.

It's not free (of course not) we all pay for the NHS but if a tramp is Ill or injured, he can get access to medical services of equal standard to a Millionaire.

I am not familiar with the situation in America, perhaps you could tell me what would happen to the Tramp there?

I get the impression, that the more insurance cover you have, the better your treatment?...So the rich get the best and **** everyone else?

Edited by UK_Widowmaker

Sorry, guys. I didn't mean to turn this thread into a debate about national health care policy. So, please steer the thread back to topic--ME! :yes: :biggrin::wink:

Keep an Eye onthose that are left. I knew I had problems and let it go for about two years. I was Pi**ing blood for about 6 months before I broke down and went to the Doc. I then had a stone as big as a tennis ball. The surgery is no fun. They insert a tube through your back into the kidney. They then go through the tube and break the ston into smaller pieces to remove it. They leave that tube in hooked to a pi** bag so you do not have to pass the fragments that are left. I am surprised they do not want to do what they call lithotripsy. THat means they break the stones into smaller pieces so you can pass them. None of these are fun so I wish you the best of luck and happy hunting in the OFF skies.

I feel for you, Prop. I had the same problem a couple of years ago and like you, I had no idea what it was until I went to the emergency room. I ended up staying at the hospital overnight. I was given morphine but it didn't seem to kill the pain. I asked the doctor why it hadn't worked and he told me that morphine doesn't actually "kill" the pain, it just makes you where you don't care. I told him, "Well it must not be working because I'm pretty damned concerned about this pain I'm still experiencing!" So he gave me more. Didn't really bother me after that. I wish you all the best and hope you don't have too much trouble with the others.

CJ