Hey all,

Just wanted to give a heads up on a campaign I'm working on. I'll try and post some screens later, maybe...

It's a fictional war between Russia and Western Europe in 2018 (just imagine the cold war never ended or something like that...). The campaign is really just a copy of the Red Lightning campaign with the air units changes, and of course lots of AAA and SAM upgrades. Flyable units will include:

USAF:

F-22A

F-22A Bock 20

F-35A

USMC:

F-35B

USN:

F/A-18E

RAF:

EF2000

F-35A

F-35B

Germany:

EF2000

Russia:

MiG-29SMT

SU-27SM

SU-39

AI Only:

MiG-31

TU-95

One thing I'm aware of, is that by 2018, I'm sure we'd still have F-15's and F-16's making up some part of the mix, but for simplicity's sake, I just bumped up the timeline a little. Just use your imagination.

Any suggestions or ideas, let me know.

This campaign sounds great! Quick question are you going to be upgrading the ground units in correspondance to the air units?

Glad to see there's some interest here!

French rafales!

And Eastern Grippens.

Wasn't planning on adding any more nations, but it might not be too hard to remove some of the raptor and F-35 units and add some other units instead...

Would you be interested in helping with that?

This campaign sounds great! Quick question are you going to be upgrading the ground units in correspondance to the air units?

Wasn't going to, since I can't really tell if I'm attacking a T-72 or a T-55 from the air as far as this game goes. I just updated the data.ini's for the units already in Red Lightning so those vehicles will show up until 2020. We'll see if I get inspired, maybe I'll add something a little newer.

Russia:

MiG-29SMT----to MiG-29M

SU-27SM-----to Su-27M

SU-39

add Su-24M2 and Su-27PU/Su-27PUMs...

If CCCP never gone,look like MiG-29M/MiG-33 And Su-27M/Su-35 in use is better.And maybe some PAK-FA reigments IMO.

Russia:

MiG-29SMT----to MiG-29M

SU-27SM-----to Su-27M

SU-39

add Su-24M2 and Su-27PU/Su-27PUMs...

If CCCP never gone,look like MiG-29M/MiG-33 And Su-27M/Su-35 in use is better.And maybe some PAK-FA reigments IMO.

To be honest, I know very little about soviet aircraft. I just chose the most modern MiG's and SU's that are available for download (with the exception of a few that are available but don't fly very well...). Are there MiG-29M and SU-27M available for download? I don't remember seeing those.

Also, the backstory for the conflict wasn't necessarily that Cold War never ended (I know I did post that above...). I changed it to something more like the cold war ended, but Russia became a super power again and another conflict broke out... So if I stick with that story, are my aircraft selections correct?

In other words, I'm lazy and don't want to add any more aircraft. What backstory would I need to use to be able to stick with the aircraft I have? :biggrin:

Thanks for you input!

Edited by malibu43

To be honest, I know very little about soviet aircraft. I just chose the most modern MiG's and SU's that are available for download (with the exception of a few that are available but don't fly very well...). Are there MiG-29M and SU-27M available for download? I don't remember seeing those.

Also, the backstory for the conflict wasn't necessarily that Cold War never ended (I know I did post that above...). I changed it to something more like the cold war ended, but Russia became a super power again and another conflict broke out... So if I stick with that story, are my aircraft selections correct?

In other words, I'm lazy and don't want to add any more aircraft. What backstory would I need to use to be able to stick with the aircraft I have? :biggrin:

Thanks for you input!

That must be:very close to pfunk's black sea campaign....

And BTW,about Su-27M & MiG-29M?

Soon......

Edited by Erwin_Hans