Sign in to follow this  
Hellshade

An OFF QC Feature I'd love to see

First, I would like to extend my congratulations to the Devs. OFF P3 shipped as an excellent, top quality WWI Flight Simulator. With each new patch, especially the 1.26 one, it has continued to improve upon an already outstanding experience. If there was never another patch for OFF P3, it would still go down in history as one of the finest Flight Sims, WWI or otherwise, ever made available for the PC. That said, the passion of the Devs to continue to improve on the quality of their product is a wonderful breath of fresh air and I can only wonder what they will come up with next.

If I may, I'd like to offer a suggestion. I'm not sure how hard it would be to code this. In QC mode, it would be awesome if the pull down menu for the plane type we choose to fly against could include "Random German fighters", and "Random Allied Fighters" I wouldn't expect it to be broken down by year or anything. I think it would add even more to the excitement of QC if you don't know what's going to jump you until they are already nearly close enough to shoot! Maybe even add "Random" onto the pull down menu list for how many you will fly against too. Then you wouldn't know what type of enemy aircraft, how many or what skill level the pilots are that you'd suddenly find yourself fighting against. I think that would add heavily to the "Oh F---!!!" factor for those QC patrols. What do you guys think?

Thanks again for a top notch WWI Flight Sim. It's going to have a place on my hard drive for many, many years to come.

Hellshade

First, I would like to extend my congratulations to the Devs. OFF P3 shipped as an excellent, top quality WWI Flight Simulator. With each new patch, especially the 1.26 one, it has continued to improve upon an already outstanding experience. If there was never another patch for OFF P3, it would still go down in history as one of the finest Flight Sims, WWI or otherwise, ever made available for the PC. That said, the passion of the Devs to continue to improve on the quality of their product is a wonderful breath of fresh air and I can only wonder what they will come up with next.

If I may, I'd like to offer a suggestion. I'm not sure how hard it would be to code this. In QC mode, it would be awesome if the pull down menu for the plane type we choose to fly against could include "Random German fighters", and "Random Allied Fighters" I wouldn't expect it to be broken down by year or anything. I think it would add even more to the excitement of QC if you don't know what's going to jump you until they are already nearly close enough to shoot! Maybe even add "Random" onto the pull down menu list for how many you will fly against too. Then you wouldn't know what type of enemy aircraft, how many or what skill level the pilots are that you'd suddenly find yourself fighting against. I think that would add heavily to the "Oh F---!!!" factor for those QC patrols. What do you guys think?

Thanks again for a top notch WWI Flight Sim. It's going to have a place on my hard drive for many, many years to come.

Hellshade

Hear! Hear! On both the praise and the suggestion.

Can I just add a wee suggestion of my own (sorry Hellshade for the cheek) since it's the same area? There are so many skins now that it would be damned handy to have a radio button option to switch between ace skins, squadron skins or the lot.