Sign in to follow this  
IvanK

Iron sight view

Is there a way to go from Iron Sight view directly to Virtual cockpit view without stepping through the other internal views?

No that doesn't work for me F3 simply switches me between Cockpit on and Cockpit Off.

Here is the scenario.

I am running in virtual pit with Track Ir enabled.

I close the bandit for guns and switch to Iron gun sight view (F6) ... Looking over the sights. (track Ir now not panning).

The bandit moves out of the field of view. I now want to quickly (single key press) revert back to my previous view i.e. Virtual cockpit.

At present the only way I can get back to Virtual cockpit view is by multiple F6 presses. Each press stepping to a new view like Fuel gauges etc. I keep pressing F6 until I get back to virtual cockpit view. Whats more the number of F6 presses required varies for each aircraft type.

So In summary all I want to be able to do is snap between Iron sight view and virtual cockpit as required with a single keypress.

So In summary all I want to be able to do is snap between Iron sight view and virtual cockpit as required with a single keypress.

There is a configuration option named "Virtual Cockpit View". Perhaps this is what you are after. If so, set the value for this option to be the function key you desire.

There is a configuration option named "Virtual Cockpit View". Perhaps this is what you are after. If so, set the value for this option to be the function key you desire.

Hmmm.. I just hit F6 twice quickly and I'm back to the other view. Never seemed like a problem to me.

I have remapped a lot of keys, ie I have "cykling VC views" on KP 5 and "go to pilotseat" on KP 3. The difference is obvious (to me at least), I have them mapped to my X 52 pro hat 2 up and down and it makes my life easy!

Gentles,

I find the iron sight, and attendant cycling of "stations" to be very annoying, to the point where I am now using the force to aim.

I can not find a view in the key files called "New Station-Iron Sight", nor "New Station- Fuel Gauge"(which shows the compass), but "New Station-Pilot View" is a selection as "go to pilotseat".

Cycling F4 as IvanK says is not the most efficient method, but until the location of the Station view switch is identified we are stuck with it I guess, unless the developers can assist.

I have the cycling method working in the Albatross DIII, but the DRI refuses to show the Iron sight view even though it is proclaimed on the top of screen.

Would a look in the view.xml files offer a solution??

Salute, Polovski, Winder and all the OFF/OBD team for the most immersive sim I've clapped eyes on for a very long time.

Some models do not have a view right down the sight actually in the model XDP editing will not really help. A firmly fixed view is unrealistic best use the TrackIR and simply fire a round or two and see the tracers as a guide to line up your eye, pretty easy for most with a bit of practice. In reality the iron sights at least were pretty ineffective and rarely used with the forces involved and movement of the pilot.