Sign in to follow this  
themightysrc

Am I missing something obvious?

Hi all,

Sorry to ask what must be an obvious question, but is it possible to reprogram keys in OFF? I don't like the idea of autorudder, but equally, I don't want to bugger about with the numeric keypad either to get L/R rudder!

Is there an easy way round this? I recall that IL2 and FE both allow keys to be reprogrammed, and given that there are a few left over from CFS3 as a WWII sim, can such a change be made, even if by hacking files?

TIA.

Simon

Press esc in flight, controls.. edit, save as "Mine" to make it stick.

Hi Polovski,

Ooh, ta!

is this in the FAQs or manuals anywhere? I had a ferret round but couldn't find anything.

Cheers,

Si

I wasn't having this problems before but I'm locking up after I save config as mine and try to change a control key. It will

let me select a key but the OFF Manager locks up. I've installed and reinstalled twice already, changed joystick....

It seems I'm not having any luck with this game, spent a great amount of time trying to get it to run but it seems

to be one thing after another.

I suppost I could just go into the xlm file and change it there. I don't have any of these problems with the CFS3 game running

but as the title of this thread states, Am I missing something obvious?

Edited by Jamato46

I wasn't having this problems before but I'm locking up after I save config as mine and try to change a control key. It will

let me select a key but the OFF Manager locks up. I've installed and reinstalled twice already, changed joystick....

It seems I'm not having any luck with this game, spent a great amount of time trying to get it to run but it seems

to be one thing after another.

I suppost I could just go into the xlm file and change it there. I don't have any of these problems with the CFS3 game running

but as the title of this thread states, Am I missing something obvious?

Just out of curisity, you are trying to map what action to what key?

Any chance that key is also used by another utility? I know programs like trackir and fraps "lock" thier control keys (unless overriddn)

Too many people are able to do this with no problems to assume its a software issue.

Just out of curisity, you are trying to map what action to what key?

Any chance that key is also used by another utility? I know programs like trackir and fraps "lock" thier control keys (unless overriddn)

Too many people are able to do this with no problems to assume its a software issue.

Nothing fancy just normal things like zoom, landing gear to the joystick instead of the keyboard. After I save/configure, the

box appears where I can put in the key or button and I enter the info but am locked up at that point. Contol Alt Delete lets

me shut down the OFF Manager but I cannot change control settings in the controller section.

I've had CFS3 running for about 3 weeks on both my computers and have had no problems with that game at all. I was able to

do this on the last install but am unable to now.

BTW if the key is used you can change it if you click ok.

I've installed 3.1 and 3.1a to CFS3 and the 1.28 update for OFF.

Edited by Jamato46

Nothing fancy just normal things like zoom, landing gear to the joystick instead of the keyboard. After I save/configure, the

box appears where I can put in the key or button and I enter the info but am locked up at that point. Contol Alt Delete lets

me shut down the OFF Manager but I cannot change control settings in the controller section.

I've had CFS3 running for about 3 weeks on both my computers and have had no problems with that game at all. I was able to

do this on the last install but am unable to now.

BTW if the key is used you can change it if you click ok.

I've installed 3.1 and 3.1a to CFS3 and the 1.28 update for OFF.

If your running Anti-Aliasing with ATI video card/8.11-9.3 drivers, change to Use Application Setting. I had the same

problem with Battleground Europe, it would hard lock at the second screen/Select Brigade. Changing the ATI settings

fixed the problem.

Edited by jimato