Sign in to follow this  
Schlissefahrt

Nieuport 28?

One thing I loved about Red Baron II/3D was that it had this little beauty included in the flyable aircraft. I have been very tempted to make a U.S. pilot, but at the same time feel like it would not be complete without the Nieuport 28. On that note, are there any other flyable aircraft that are in the works for future addition? Please note I am not getting impatient as there are plenty of aircraft to enjoy, its just a thought :P.

One thing I loved about Red Baron II/3D was that it had this little beauty included in the flyable aircraft. I have been very tempted to make a U.S. pilot, but at the same time feel like it would not be complete without the Nieuport 28. On that note, are there any other flyable aircraft that are in the works for future addition? Please note I am not getting impatient as there are plenty of aircraft to enjoy, its just a thought :P.

We have a list about a mile loing... but problem is the priority of each. For every plane, there is an argement to have it active.

If we get enough support for another add-on, I think Winder has the N28 on his list. :)

OvS

It's a good thing that you're not impatient, because we waited for what felt like centuries until Phase 3 was released, some even contemplated tatoo's of Soon in script, and Positive Maybe in roses.

Don't think there's much chance of a Nieuport 28 anyway ( not enough air time). Much better chance of a Nieuport 24

Staying with American Pilots, I'd enjoy seeing a Salmonson 2a2

That is what gets me though uncleal. Now, I know a lot more work goes into making a new plane for a game this complicated, but then one would think that there would be types like the Nieuport 24 (and other obscure types) in the original Red Baron II. I guess the popular types are the ones that usually take the cake, but I love variety and detail. I did my fair share of waiting for P3 as well. I certainly know how the process works, but doesn't a longer wait make any new addition that much more exciting and worth it? :P Here is to hoping! :)

I'm sure this has gotten a bit old, but I'll just put up my bump for the N.24. You could probably use the N.17 model already there as a base and modify it a bit, tweak performance, go with the Lewis+Vickers combo and that would be a nice bit of work. It'd need skins, but you might be able to use the N.17 skin again as a base and modify. This is what I used to do in RB3d to custom mod N.24s; maybe it could work here.

Yup, I tend to agree with many of the posters here so far - priority should be placed on those that were flown in larger numbers first, this makes sense. Also, I'd love to see the gaps in the Allied & German progression chain minimized by getting those aircraft (or many of them) in the game.

Would love to eventually see a N.28...but that being said, if I had to choose, I'd rather the N.23 & N.24 (and even a DH5) get in first. Just my 2cents.

Edited by redwolf

It was fun in RB 3D but in real life they had that annoying tendency to shed the fabric on a wing in a dive. Many American pilots lost their lives or almost did due to that flaw initially.

Gotta put my vote in for a DH.5 as well. An obscure aircraft that saw alot of action...even if that action was usually being shot down.

I would have to put my vote in for the DH 5 as well , flying for 24 sqd I know the lack of a DH 5 will be a show stopper for my pilots future .

cheers

:( Well, guess that idea went down in flames. Any new planes are always welcomed of course. I just remember the good ol' days flying for the 27th and 24th Aero Squadrons in my trusty 28 :).

Some Voisins, Caudrons and Farmans would be nice too. There is a shortage of early french airplanes in the game. A pity I'm not talented enough to help.

I was flying Germans early 1915 near Swiss border. First 2 missions I was relieved that no one French came and shoot me down. Only then I realized that actually there is no opposition in this game on this section of front 1915.

Well, that pilot is on hold until someone makes some new planes for Frenchies :wink: .

:( Well, guess that idea went down in flames. Any new planes are always welcomed of course. I just remember the good ol' days flying for the 27th and 24th Aero Squadrons in my trusty 28 :).

Mate I don't think the idea went down in flames , it just got a little expanded :) , we all like this game a lot and asking for extra's cant hurt .

Perhaps the Devs will see our undieing support and maybe do a expansion pack in the future .

cheers

Mate I don't think the idea went down in flames , it just got a little expanded :) , we all like this game a lot and asking for extra's cant hurt .

Perhaps the Devs will see our undieing support and maybe do a expansion pack in the future .

cheers

We'll consider all options if there is support for another release. There are many areas of need in OFF as far as planes are concerned, again, each selection has it's pros and cons.

So if we decide to go on, we'll consider it at that time. :)

OvS

I'd just like to add my support for additional aircraft for OFF. I'm pretty impressed by the game thus far, as it has that 'wow' factor and the sense of immersion that I suspect has been missing from WWI sims since RB3D.

I would suggest (blithely, without knowing the technical difficulties involved!) that basing expansion aircraft upon existing models - as mentioned upthread WRT to N17s, 23s, 24s and 28s - would be the easiest route to follow, perhaps without overloading what are effectively volunteer software producers. Perhaps a Pfalz DXII from the DIII?

Still, having said that, I'd love to see Albatros two seaters, Siemens-Schukert scouts, AK8s, Martynsides and various other craft, but I'm aware that they would probably be new departures, and therefore labour and time intensive.

Finally, may I say that OFF:BHaH is probably the best £45 I've spent in a very, very long time.

Cheers,

Si

So, this brings up a good question ...... are any new planes including ones that have been started but did not make it into the release, being worked on at all? Or are they all on hold waiting for increased sales of BHaH before continuing?

Just wondering.

Cheers,

WF2

We have several half done, partly done craft. Just not many modellers .. so it's a nice long queue :). When we are through with most of the patching and support, then we'll have time for full on modelling.

My Parasol is half made, a Dh5 I really would love to do next actually, WM wants to do Noops, but then we have 2 seaters we need, and a few heavies, list goes on and on. We have 1 or 2 surprises to work on next too :)

N-28!!! N-28!! N-28!! :yes:

Don't be distracted by the rest of these comments DEV's. Its gotta be the N-28 next!!!!!

Looooook at the biiiiggggg type Man!! Ignore the Hijackers!!!! The original poster has it riiiiiiiggggghhhhht.

Is my hypnotic suggestion working yet??? :biggrin:

ZZ.

N-28!!! N-28!! N-28!! :yes:

Don't be distracted by the rest of these comments DEV's. Its gotta be the N-28 next!!!!!

Looooook at the biiiiggggg type Man!! Ignore the Hijackers!!!! The original poster has it riiiiiiiggggghhhhht.

Is my hypnotic suggestion working yet??? :biggrin:

ZZ.

Yes. Back in my RB3D days, I also liked the Nieuport 28 a great deal. I think they look quite beautiful...when they are on fire!! :biggrin:

304.jpg

Prost!

TvO

Edited by Todt Von Oben

Yes. Back in my RB3D days, I also liked the Nieuport 28 a great deal. I think they look quite beautiful...when they are on fire!! :biggrin:

304.jpg

Prost!

TvO

Ummmmmm.....that doesn't look like a N-28. :rolleyes:

ZZ.

We have several half done, partly done craft. Just not many modellers .. so it's a nice long queue :). When we are through with most of the patching and support, then we'll have time for full on modelling.

My Parasol is half made, a Dh5 I really would love to do next actually, WM wants to do Noops, but then we have 2 seaters we need, and a few heavies, list goes on and on. We have 1 or 2 surprises to work on next too :)

Why not train up some of us guys to be modellers? I'm sure some of us would love to, if we only knew how. Online tutorial: Remedial OFF Modelling for special-needs flyers??

Seriously tho', I'd have a pop if I knew how to do it. I wanna N28, DH5, SSWD4, JUnkers D1, Fokker d8 yay!

Is 'converting' models from add-ons to RB3D a possibility??

Why not train up some of us guys to be modelers?

Its a good idea, but the reality of doing that would take a lot of time away from the OFF team to train people. They have is down to a science form the looks of the models. It takes years to get to that level. Also in order to keep John Q pilot buying OFF it has to be up to par, which means they would have to check everyones work plus, meet all the poly-count and tons of other requirements before being released. It would be easier to recruit a modeler with experience.

Best thing is to give it a try yourself. There are good tutorials on GMax and lots of help in all the forums.

Who nows ..... one day we may just see these planes.

Cheers,

WF2

P.S. ..... girls too!

Edited by Womenfly2

Just to through some historical persprctive on the N28..it wasn't really operational for very long; perhaps 4 or 5 months. When there were enough Spads produced to fulfill the French needs, the continued production were sent to the "Yanks".

And as posted above, they did have that "production flaw".

Regards,

Royce

True true CaptRoyce. Also, however, as I mentioned in another post on the topic, they were much loved by many of the American pilots due to thier agility, and despite the engine and fabric ripping issues. So much so that many initially revolted at the idea of being forced to switch to the SPAD types, regarding them as simply fast, overpowered and overweight lead-sleds, and not an agile dogfighter in the "traditional sense".

ZZ.

the N28...wasn't really operational for very long; perhaps 4 or 5 months. When there were enough Spads produced to fulfill the French needs, the continued production were sent to the "Yanks".

I agree with Royce. The N28 IS pretty but RB3d gave people the wrong impression with its unrealistic FM. The Spad was simply not available in quantities the French would share initially. The DH5 is very much overlooked and would be a good choice for ground attack missions.

Polovski's point about 2 seaters is also significant. I'm glad they started with the '"strutter" but there is a definite need for diverse two seaters.

I agree with Royce. The N28 IS pretty but RB3d gave people the wrong impression with its unrealistic FM. The Spad was simply not available in quantities the French would share initially. The DH5 is very much overlooked and would be a good choice for ground attack missions.

Polovski's point about 2 seaters is also significant. I'm glad they started with the '"strutter" but there is a definite need for diverse two seaters.

... ya, two-seaters were the work horses of the air service indeed but, there is nothing like a flight group of Gotha's or Handely Page's with all their guns firing at you while you attempt to approach them!

.... and if you think coming up from the bottom of a Gotha is safe, think again!

Bring them all on I say.

Cheers,

WF2

P.S. please finish the D.vIII ...... please.

Edited by Womenfly2