Sign in to follow this  
Thumper41

German Trucks -- They don't make 'em like that anymore

I just flew a QC mission, dogfight in a Spad 13. After downing my opponent, I headed back to base. I still had ammo left, so I looked for some targets of opportunity. Sure enough, there was a convoy of 3 trucks rolling down the road. I made a quick pass over the convoy, then came back for a strafing run. I hit the lead truck, killing it (or so I thought). I circled around for another pass and noticed that there were still 3 dust clouds moving down the road. I switched my view to Target-Player, and there was the first truck, lying on it's side, all black, but wheels still turning and moving along the road with the rest of the convoy! I tried to take a screen shot, but apparently it didn't work. I probably should have made another pass on the truck to see if I could finish it off, but I was so amused that I decided to end the mission (bad mistake, as I was still in enemy territory and got captured). All I could think was, they just don't make trucks like that anymore :biggrin:

Thumper

Yes, I noticed something like that too after the hotfix. Before, I was able to make them explode and burn when I hit them, but after the hotfix they just turned black.

Part of the reason i tried to go back to 1.26. :)

once i had a bad and shaky landing and ended up at the side of a road right next of my airfield. there was one single truck driving down the road and by me. My wing was a bit covering the street, so i was hoping the driver would stop and help my turn my aircraft into the right direction. but no. he just kept going and ripped a part of my right wing off. he was not even humping. :no:

I just flew a QC mission, dogfight in a Spad 13. After downing my opponent, I headed back to base. I still had ammo left, so I looked for some targets of opportunity. Sure enough, there was a convoy of 3 trucks rolling down the road. I made a quick pass over the convoy, then came back for a strafing run. I hit the lead truck, killing it (or so I thought). I circled around for another pass and noticed that there were still 3 dust clouds moving down the road. I switched my view to Target-Player, and there was the first truck, lying on it's side, all black, but wheels still turning and moving along the road with the rest of the convoy! I tried to take a screen shot, but apparently it didn't work. I probably should have made another pass on the truck to see if I could finish it off, but I was so amused that I decided to end the mission (bad mistake, as I was still in enemy territory and got captured). All I could think was, they just don't make trucks like that anymore :biggrin:

Thumper

I saw exactly the same in an earlier version, so it's nothing to do with the hotfix or any of the patches I think. As it happens it was in the same convoy where German troops changed into Allied troops (labels turned from red to blue, it was very weird).

Edited by Siggi

Well, what do you expect?

If the ingame trucks and troops would all behave "real", and could be shot to pieces - the program/game might be 3 DVDs

and a stuffed game drive. I assume, a programmer must make decisions, what is important.

And at least the trucks do drive along. That already is a lot to happen, when it happens at several places at a time.

For ground attack missions, they program them to be vulnerable; that they can explode, and that they count as kills.

But I don't think, you could expect that to be possible all the time. Perhaps in 2 - 3 years, when all the systems have grown

again; in Phase 4 so to say.

Olham S!

No, it's possible to burn the enemy trucks . That's one of the reasons, amongst others, that i fly mostly QC.

Nothing better after a good dogfight and you got some ammo left, to look around and see a few enemy trucks trundling through the woods. Fly down the road and give em a few rounds, whilst avoiding the trees.

I've just re installed to 1.26 ( not the hotfix ), and I blew three up - flames, dust, all sorts came up.

Great fun.

Bear in mind, I use the CFS3 QC so that i can change location. some locations have enemy trucks and troops- some don't.

Okay, Fortiesboy, I'll try that next time.

I've blown up trucks before, no big deal. It was just funny seeing a burnt truck, lying on it's side, but still moving along with the rest of the convoy as if nothing had happened to it. If it happens again, I'll try shooting the truck some more to see if I can really, permanently kill it.

Thumper