Sign in to follow this  
DarthRevan

WoV/WoE merged problems

I have som trouble with my WoV/WoE merged installation my clouds has been changed and not for the best. The only thing I have installed since the clouds worked is the Super Hornets, Mirage Factory's Mig-29 and Veltro's Su-24 and some other planes I can't remember right now.

Here is a screenshoot on my clouds:

img00011.jpg

I have experiemced it on almost all the terrains. And sometimes my clouds also have been transparent.

Another problem is with the A-10 Pack v. 3.0. There is a black line that goes all the way from the plane to the ground.

Here it is how it looks:

img00007ndrat.jpg

The line I'm talking about is in the red oval

I forgot to tell you I'm using the Oct 2008b patch.

Another question when I install the merged version do I need to patch WoV to Oct2008b first or is it enough with just patching the WoE to Oct 2008b after the merge

Clouds - Haven't a clue...don't know why you're getting that...you're sure it's absolutely bone stock? No enviromental.ini?

Black line - It's a side effect of the way the engine now renders shadows...older models that had open meshes can generate this line. It cannot be fixed unless the model is altered and re-exported. You can only disable shadows in the model's ini file(or in the sim...but you probably don't want to do that).

Finally, you should only have to patched the merged WOE/WOV with the WOE Oct08 patch.

FC

I don't want to detract from the thread and I'm sure my humor is probably only funny to me but those aren't "problems" they're "features".

<chuckles>

Guest rscsjsuso5

i would recommend installing separate wov and woe, just like for weapons pack, so no conflict. for the a10 the line is the airplane shadow.

I have som trouble with my WoV/WoE merged installation my clouds has been changed and not for the best. The only thing I have installed since the clouds worked is the Super Hornets, Mirage Factory's Mig-29 and Veltro's Su-24 and some other planes I can't remember right now.

Here is a screenshoot on my clouds:

img00011.jpg

I have experiemced it on almost all the terrains. And sometimes my clouds also have been transparent.

Another problem is with the A-10 Pack v. 3.0. There is a black line that goes all the way from the plane to the ground.

Here it is how it looks:

img00007ndrat.jpg

The line I'm talking about is in the red oval

I forgot to tell you I'm using the Oct 2008b patch.

Another question when I install the merged version do I need to patch WoV to Oct2008b first or is it enough with just patching the WoE to Oct 2008b after the merge

Clouds - Haven't a clue...don't know why you're getting that...you're sure it's absolutely bone stock? No enviromental.ini?

Black line - It's a side effect of the way the engine now renders shadows...older models that had open meshes can generate this line. It cannot be fixed unless the model is altered and re-exported. You can only disable shadows in the model's ini file(or in the sim...but you probably don't want to do that).

Finally, you should only have to patched the merged WOE/WOV with the WOE Oct08 patch.

FC

There's no enviromental.ini in my setup at all

Took another picture on the oddity in the sky

img00022.jpg

This is a clean effects map with only the stock oct2000b effects and bloomeffect

I tried to use combataces upload attachment but it didn't seem to work

Edited by DarthRevan

Search your whole WOE/WOV directory and look for any ini files that start with enviro****

FC