Sign in to follow this  
IvanK

Smoke/Wind direction Bug

Just noticed this in V1.26 The Windsock and the smoke from the chimney indicate wind direction 180 degrees apart.

smokebug.jpg

MARTHA! Get in the storm cellar, thar's a cyclone a-comin!

:biggrin:

Cheers!

Lou

The windsock points to the wind, don't think the smoke does as many models would need dozens of variations making too and dynamically placed like the windsock every mission ... WM would know for sure.

Mind you can get cross winds too though, and at different heights etc.

Actually, I've noticed this for quite some time. I just land by the smoke, and it always seems to be correct, in that I notice my ground speed drop appropriately when turning final. I always just thought that the windsock points to the wind, but the reverse of how it should point, i.e. with the small end pointing into the wind instead of away from the wind.

I can hardly ever see that little windsock until I've almost landed anyway! I should start using the zoom key as binoculars, I guess.

Edited by griphos

Oh, I wasn't complaining. Like I said, I can't see the windsock when passing over the field. I LOVE that I can use smoke to detect wind. That's one of the first things that tickled me about this sim. That and how the FM allows me to slip in when I'm coming in high and hot.

But I suspect you are easy, UncleAl. :kiss:

Edited by griphos