Sign in to follow this  
Todt Von Oben

Visible crew

Hi Guys!

Before I bought OFF/BHAH I was watching a lot of videos on Youtube that I believe were from this game. I also see some of the latest screen grabs here. I've seen images of, like when you're looking down into your cockpit you can see your hands on the controls...and when there's a gunner standing in the back of a two seater, you can see him moving and firing the gun.

Is that part of this game or another?

I'm not seeing my own hands, for example. Haven't tried being a tailgunner yet but would like to. Don't see anything leading me to that job, though. Is it an option when you sign on to be part of a bomber squadron?

Is there something else I need to download to make this happen, or is it part of the game I haven't found yet, maybe?

How do you guys accomplish that effect?

Thanks again in advance.

TvO

Not all a/c have the pilot model in there but many newer ones do. Try another craft (e.g. Fok DVII, DFW, N11, N16 etc)

yes that is part of the game, but not in every plane which is why you might not have seen 'your' hands and feet.

aaaarg....beaten to the post by the demon typist again lol!

Edited by gandi

Okay! I got into a D-7 and Praise De Lord, I Gots HANDS and FEEEEEET! :wink:

And now for something completely different... :biggrin:

I think I remember someone on the old forum saying something about being able to get closer to or further back from the instrument panel, for a better view.

And I sure could use a better view from the D-7.

Is there a way to do that? Like: zoom in toward or out away from the instrument panel?

As always, Thanks In Advance.

TvO

Longtime lurker, first time poster...

Use [ and ] keys to zoom view in and out (if I remember rightly, it is persistent from mission to mission)

Cheers

2F

Use [ and ] keys to zoom view in and out (if I remember rightly, it is persistent from mission to mission)

Cheers

2F

The zoom is not persistant unfortunately. (It can be done but you have to edit the correct 'viewui' file.)

Pretty easy to just hit the '[' key once or twice at the start of each flight. Two clicks is fully zoomed.

And now for something completely different...

It's.........

The [ and ] zoom your entire image, i.e. they change your FOV. You can also move your eyepoint through a certain range in cockpit without affecting your view of the outside. This comes in handy for those like me without TrackIR. I mapped the keystrokes to the hats on my stick and can now look over the cowling or over the side etc.

Move Back=Ctrl + Enter

Move Forward=Ctrl + Backspace

Move Up=Shift + Enter

Move Down=Shift + Backspace

Move Left=Ctrl + Shift + Backspace

Move Right Ctrl + SHift + Enter

Recenter=Ctrl + Shift + Space