Sign in to follow this  
chrispdm1

first look

Awesome sim, well worth the wait! After playing it for 5 straight hours into the wee hours of the morning.... (8 downed, none confirmed in a DiD/W campaign)

I have a couple questions... mostly holdovers and features that I grew used to and liked in RB3D. I would like to be able to request tranfers, or is there a feature that I haven't found yet? Is there a kill board for everyone so i can see my standing as compared to the other aces friendly or otherwise? Is there any way I can look and see the intelligence info for the surrounding squads?

After going gungho in the first couple missions and finding myself on the ground after all the engagements, I must say that I am having to take a very different approach to this sim as opposed to any other, especially when it comes to 2 seaters. We'll see how long my pilot lasts...

Problem solved when we get a Snipe! (yes, i'm off on that track again!)

Thats a shame about transferring... I was wondering what happened when your squadron switched a/c. i'll have to make sure I fly squadrons that are complete from beginning to end. As far as the kill board is concerned, I see your point, but you would have an idea of what the other squadrons kills were and the like... as well as intel from the enemy. As far as real life goes, I'm not going to install a refrigeration plant by my desk... you can only take realism so far... :wink:

There you go again, about that Snipe, WIDOW. You know, that the Germans then ask for the Fokker D VIII.

And the you look old again! (Lol!!!)

(What's that funny looking guy under your posts doing - is he recruiting for his Kasakh air force?)

ChrispDM1, there is sometimes intel info in the campaigns, below the actual flight order panel. You must click

on the words "intelligence report" or something like that, below.

As for the Squads or Jastas: you see, when you pick a Squad., what planes they will fly through the war.

And when you click through the time, you can enter service, when they have the plane you desire.

Also, you can thereby find the Squads, who get a plane earliest. Or read, which aces flew there when.

Someone wrote, before BHaH, that he copied his pilot file from one Squad to another, but I'm not the man

to ask, how exactly. But might still be possible.

Edited by Olham

... I have a couple questions... mostly holdovers and features that I grew used to and liked in RB3D. I would like to be able to request tranfers, or is there a feature that I haven't found yet? Is there a kill board for everyone so i can see my standing as compared to the other aces friendly or otherwise? Is there any way I can look and see the intelligence info for the surrounding squads?....

Hi chrispm, welcome to BHaH!

Siggi runs a DiD scoreboard at Siggi's Killboard

As Squadron/Jasta moves and locations in BHaH are pretty much historically accurate, there's an interactive map you can use outside the game to see who your neighbours are at WW1 Aeroplane Squadrons

You can view by aerodrome, squadron or date and filter for British, Belgian or German. Mouse-hovering over an aerodrome on the map and it'll show who was there when. There's a good help link there too, if you get stuck. It requires Firefox to run at its best.

If you're interested I have the Squadron Assignment Spread Sheet, but it's from Phase 1, so alot of the birds are missing. But even then it was historically accurate

Salute! Uncle Al

Could you post your Squadron Assignment Spread Sheet on the OFF-OBD CombatACE Download page for all of us?

Thanks, OlPaint01

Salute! Uncle Al

Could you post your Squadron Assignment Spread Sheet on the OFF-OBD CombatACE Download page for all of us?

Thanks, OlPaint01

UncleAl and All

I found my copy of Squadron Assignment Spread Sheet. So I have not PM'd you for your copy. You're correct remembering that it was previously published during Phase 1. Did Pol put it up on his site or did Winder on his? I can't remember. I want to credit the guy who built the orginal since I am now in the process of updating the Spread Sheet pages. I am adding all the new Squadrons/Jastas that are a now a part of OFF:BHaH. I failed to find an .XLM file that has the entire list of sim squad/jasta assignments, so I am scanning each individual fighter and bomber group to find all about each a/c and dates when available to fly. As a by-product I am discovering which squads/jastas are currently good for complete campaigns.

BTW, I did not realize how many a/c are still unrepresented in the simm. Morane Parosol for one is missing for the early years and Sopwith Dolphin and Snipe for the late years just to name several that I have found. Hey Winder, when can we expect the first of the Aircraft Addon Packs with these missing a/c? I would pay hard cash for them, Hint, hint...

When I started I didn't know how involved this spreadsheet update was going to be. I still am looking forward to several weeks of research. BTW, how can I post the finished product so everyone can use and enjoy. I really want to credit the orginator and get his permission to post before I do - If anyone will claim credit...

OlPaint01

Edited by OlPaint01

Chris

Could you edit the Topic Title from 'first look' to 'Squadron Assignments' so we can get others involved in the discussion. Your a Gem, Thanks. :victory:

OlPaint01

Edited by OlPaint01