Sign in to follow this  
Acidrain

New Star Trek Movie game?

I really hope not to be honest...movie tie in games that are actually good are few and very far between.

FC

I really hope not to be honest...movie tie in games that are actually good are few and very far between.

FC

I so agree, however the last game legacy was sucked so bad.

Reports are this is an XBLA game, like a top-down shooter or something along the lines of the BSG game from a couple of years ago.

I dunno. Wasn't terrible, but it was a long way from being fantastic. The modding community got stuck into it (like the UU lads!) and did some good things with it. But FC's right. Make a game adaptation of a movie and 9 times outta 10 it'll suck big bouncy ones.

I dunno. Wasn't terrible, but it was a long way from being fantastic. The modding community got stuck into it (like the UU lads!) and did some good things with it. But FC's right. Make a game adaptation of a movie and 9 times outta 10 it'll suck big bouncy ones.

I agree, though in an way it put the final nail in the Star Trek gaming.

What really needs to be made is another Bridge Commander style game. The first one was good, but it had a memory leak that caused frequent lock-ups and CTDs. A group of modders is making something similar to it called Excalibur (I think it's a whole new game.... might be just a massive mod for BC).

What really needs to be made is another Bridge Commander style game. The first one was good, but it had a memory leak that caused frequent lock-ups and CTDs. A group of modders is making something similar to it called Excalibur (I think it's a whole new game.... might be just a massive mod for BC).

Yeah, i agree!

I liked ST: Armada, it was a good RTS albeit simple. Armada II ruined some of the basics in return for sorely needed graphics upgrades.

I also like SFC1 and 2, but again SFC3 ruined the game in return for graphics improvements.

Don't forget ST: Elite Force, a great scifi FPS even for people that didn't like ST or Voyager.

There were many good ST games over the years, but ST: Elite Force 2, Legacy, and others brought it down. Legacy had the capacity to be good, as the modders showed, but it was forced out the door way too early and had a ton of stuff cut out of it just to make a stupid street date.

I liked ST: Armada, it was a good RTS albeit simple. Armada II ruined some of the basics in return for sorely needed graphics upgrades.

I also like SFC1 and 2, but again SFC3 ruined the game in return for graphics improvements.

Don't forget ST: Elite Force, a great scifi FPS even for people that didn't like ST or Voyager.

There were many good ST games over the years, but ST: Elite Force 2, Legacy, and others brought it down. Legacy had the capacity to be good, as the modders showed, but it was forced out the door way too early and had a ton of stuff cut out of it just to make a stupid street date.

Mine was Starfleet Command 3, Legacy i had big hopes for to be honest, big hopes in which we could have large tournaments and and vast space with servers and it didnt happen. I helped to mod Legacy, however alot of my modding came from SFC3. I would hope another game if it comes out it will have the ability to have servers, in which you can mod and create campaigns with variety of races.

Cheers,

Acidrain

ST Legacy had no tie ins, directly, with a movie with the exception of the title. It sucked SOOOO bad because it was a port of a console game to the PC format. The crossover interface was bad, the 3D space flight was NOT 3D (couldn't do a complete loop for instance) among other things. Like a couple of semi-recent flight sim titles, it was heavy on the "eye candy" but very weak on substance and interface. Bathesda screwed the pooch hard on this release and I for one am glad they lost or didn't have their rights license renewed for future franchise related projects. Some say "without the mods it wouldn't be enjoyable". When a product HAS to have mods from the community to be enjoyed, it only reveals the weakness of the development/release of the product. Something that is pervasive in the industry these days. Releasing a product that is sub-standard or otherwise incomplete to make a release date imposed by some entity, usually the Publisher. If they could make a decent, complete product that has enough "eye candy" to add to the substance of the product the immersion of the game play will not only draw fans, it'll keep them. Releasing a product that was incomplete with the first patch in the wings the day after or within a week of release is just proof in the pudding that the industry doesn't seem to care about the franchises they drag down and eventually ruin.