Sign in to follow this  
Lt. James Cater

WOE/ODS Crashing Situation...

The second time in a row this happened i was so ticked i almost put the keyboard through the monitor.

I've recently gotten started on a tour doing Recce missions when the following happens...I'm flying home after doing a hell of a mission and am F6ing through various other flights to check out thier planes when the game suddenly crashes.

Oh the agony!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All that work gone to hell!

Anybody else have that happen? Does anyone else know why? It's to the point of my wanting to avoid looking at anything other than my own plane and hitting ESC instead of flying back to base just in case in is going to happen again.

Sounds as if one of the models may be a bit too taxing for your system. Perhaps you should lower the detail density a notch and see if that helps.

I have things lowered down way further than i ever did before. The funny thing is how it crashes deep into the egress period.

Conclusion? On the way home do not look at any other aircraft.

We saw this problem early on, when we had a few insainly high res textures on some ground objects. Fixing those textures solved our problem, but we had high-end machines. To be safe, we still reduced all Coalition skins to 1024x1024 and Iraqi skins to 512x512.

However, it sounds like your machine is still running out of texture memory. How much RAM does your video card have?

If you reduce the "Object Textures" option, it caused the game to render textures at smaller sizes. If you look in the FlightEngine.ini, you can see the MAX textures sizes for each setting of "Object Textures".

This shows up in the ODS campaign because of the high number of aircraft flying at once.

I figured it had something to do with having a less than powerful( Read: a couple of years old budget brand) computer and so will just stay in the cockpit from now on if a whole bunch of planes are in the air.

How i love those Recce missions! :good:

Edited by Lt. James Cater

It happens to me too!

Is related with new patch I think,I usually go maxed out and sometimes i can't press ESC game stops in a single frame,no ctds or some error message appear.

I've got an high end PC

4gb ram-but xp sp3 reads 3

nvidia gtx280 1024mb

intel e 8500 3.16 ghz dual core

seagate HDD 1tb

It happens to me too!

Is related with new patch I think,I usually go maxed out and sometimes i can't press ESC game stops in a single frame,no ctds or some error message appear.

I've got an high end PC

4gb ram-but xp sp3 reads 3

nvidia gtx280 1024mb

intel e 8500 3.16 ghz dual core

seagate HDD 1tb

Windows XP can only read a max of between 3 and 4gigs of Ram and that includes your Video card as well. Those wonderful folks at Microswipe messed up there me thinks there is a fix to get it to read everything you have but I dont have it to hand at present... also it involves using parts of Windows Server 2003... and a few other bits and bobs...

Another strange thing happens,sometimes game loads the plane but not the cockpit textures,exit and restart and goes ok!

It's the same outtexturing problem?

Is it possible reduce the number of objects in the game?

It's a little sin can't go with your fav aircraft all hi-rez,with the latest artwork here!like MF products.

The way to have 2 different install of WoE but one with western planes in hi rez and eastern resized,and the other same oppositeeastern hi rez and western resized would be useful to skip or solve that problem?

bump!

I've installed a 72 planes in my OCT 08 patch install (the one that crashes) other install 06 patch seems ok:

List of mods installed:

72 modern planes with hi rezskins like MF products,Insky mods,some ODS allied planes and so

Groundojects are the same of 06 patch copy and pasted

Weapons same as above and re-edit

Terrains:WoE autumn,Socal

Enviromods:Cellinsky widesky,plus Fubar's Shaders and Jsf Aggie hi rez runways

Ensb series HDR plugin

All is maxed out to unlimited,screen rez 1280-1024 very little but sometimes fps hit (5fps),nothing,flying smooth

But unexpected crashes!

need some help

1. Does it happen to the game when there are no mods installed with the Oct 2008 patch?

2. if not then install a fresh copy and carefully add the mods back in - because one of them is causing the issue you will need to test the game out as you are installing things back into it.

Stayed with my aircraft and had a successful mission.

Funny how it never happened when i was flying an F-111! Anyways, i never ventured beyond F-6ing my plane and all went well. Crazy as hell mission but that's another thread! :biggrin:

1. Does it happen to the game when there are no mods installed with the Oct 2008 patch?

2. if not then install a fresh copy and carefully add the mods back in - because one of them is causing the issue you will need to test the game out as you are installing things back into it.

with mod installed without or fresh goes well,try to re install again