Sign in to follow this  
Geier

Who is your highest scoring no-name squadmate?

None of my campaigns has been very long and the best I've had was my dear virtual wingman Oberleutnant Joachim-Viktor Richter who had 8 kills and two outstanding claims. Me and Richter flew ca 20 missions together for Jasta 5, March-April 1917. And then he died.

Are there any limits that you've seen to how many victories can be scored by the no-names? I'm obviously not counting Aces or Historical squadron members.

(Oh, and could someone tell me what the abbreviation OAW, as in Albatros DIII (OAW), means? Something Albatros Werke?)

My highest scoring squadmate was Jem Spillsby... died four days ago in a flying accident in bad weather we shouldn't even have gone up in. I'm still cross!!

(OAW) = Ostdeutsche Albatros Werke. Built Albatri under licence. You might also see (Oeffag) for Austro-Hungarian variants built by Oesterreichische Flugzeugfabrik AG.

Wikipedia Page

Edited by Dej

Right. So how many did Spillsby get? ;-)

Thanks for the explanation!

Jem had 9, second highest in the squadron. He should have had ten as he so seriously damaged my second kill that I only needed 50 rounds to put the Hun down.

Jem Spillsby, Drew Palmer and Ollie Tepes had been my wingman since I joined No. 56 in April '17. They'd flown 25+ missions with me and God knows how many others while I languished in a hospital bed. Now only Ollie's left. Drew Palmer died on the same day as Jem, probably in the same accident.

This game gets to you.

George Allen, 20 Sqd, FE2. 4 kills going into Bloody April, 4 more during it (all Abatri from low-numbered Jastas), KIA 26 April 1917. "Once I had a comrade...."

Which beggars the question - does the Campaign Manager off the no-names after a certain amount of time or kills? There was definately something fishy with Richter's two outstanding claims, they remained claims for three weeks. Let's keep our wingmen alive and see how it turns out. Carry on.

Mine is Sebastian Bach, with 3 kills. Gee, hope he survives the war so he can finish that symphony!! :rofl:

ZZ.