Sign in to follow this  
Herr Prop-Wasche

Next airplane for OFF?

Next airplane for OFF?  

147 members have voted

1. 1. Which airplane would you like to see next in BHaH?

• Airco DH5
    • Armstrong-Whitworth F.K.8
    • Fokker D.VIII
    • Gotha G.V
    • Handley Page O/400
    • Nieuport 28
    • Pfalz D.XII
    • Salmson 2a2
    • Siemens-Schuckert D.IV
    • Zeppelin Airship
    • Other

Noop 28 and Other (Snipe and Dolphin)!

If you build a Morane Parasol for Warneford (and Pol) you gotta have a Zep for him to blow up, right?

ttt

Edited by tttiger

Hmm. If I remember right Cecil Lewis Flew Morane Parasol some time. The plane was slow at banking but rose and descended like a devil. It also spinned very easily and surprisingly. A hard plane to fly. .. if I remember right..

The way I recall the Parasol was a joy to fly, very easy to handle. But I might be off as hell as well.

I almost only fly in 1917. Haven't found a Jasta yet that is equipped with the Dr1 in 1917. Any ideas?

Morane Parasol would be an equal opponent for the Eindecker; so more people would fly those early birds.

Fokker VI and off course VIII (I voted for the VIII)

Sopwith Dolhin and Snipe.

Siemens-Schuckert.

Yes - like Rickitycrate says - I want them all. But cool down, Winder - this version now will last me for at least

one and a half years.

I'd like them all. Please get working on that, won't you?

Seriously, the Zep would be a great target for if you could make it with a strong enough DM so that 1 burst from a machine gun doesn't sent it up in flames.

That being said, I've got a couple of "Other" recommendations:

Moraine Parasol

Fokker D.VIII

Curtiss JN-4 "Jenny" like the one below

post-45761-1236824898_thumb.jpg

Edited by NS13Jarhead

Well as long as we are dreaming on here I would really like to have the AEG GIV day/night bombers. Hansa Brandenberg W29, Brueget, Caproni bombers. All are welcome but I am very busy with things as it is. God bless those that can create.

All would be great, but I voted for other:

Halb CL II & CL IV would be my top picks.

Below is a general wish list:

Dear Santa,

I would also like to see the snipe and dolphin.

1915 birds as well.

Some Alb & Rumpler two seaters maybe and DH4 & 9s to pad out the two seater population?

Gothas and zeps would add a lot of drama (especially flying at night over England). Not that drama is lacking.

Floatplanes too.

I've been a very good boy, 82% of the time. :angel:

Velvet

the Voison and it's variants (all of which look very similar) they were in mass production from 1915 until the end of the war (mostly for night bombing operations in 1918) but it served valiantly as a day bomber until the middle of 1917.

the Salmson 2a2 would be great for late war French stuff AND it would work for American careers too.

but I really love the early war period so I prefer the Voison (or Farman)

Personally, I would first like to see more of the two-seaters, from any period of the war. Next, more scouts to help end the problem of your pilot having to retire because his squadron switches to a type not yet available in OFF. Of course, the Morane Parasol would be nice to have in order to go up against the Eindecker. For fun, the Gotha and the Handley-Page. Finally, for late-war fighter-jocks, either the Fokker DVIII or S-S DIV against the Sopwith Snipe would be a blast.

In other words, every plane that ever flew a single sortie in WWI! MUH HAH HAH HAH HAH HAH!!!!!! :minigun: Sorry, got a little carried away there. :stars:

I voted 'other' because I would love a Junkers D.I monoplane fighter. It's a bit of a 'what if' plane but technically very interesting. If I had voted strategically I'd have voted for the SSW D.III or D.IV.

I would like to see the missing planes in squadron rosters added first, the squadrons that spring to mind are the DH2 ones which then progress to the DH5 (not modelled) and then the SE5A, and all the other ones, so that I can attempt to live from 1915 to 1918 in one career (should keep me going for a couple of years).

Then perhaps work on the other aircraft.

But I am happy with what I have got so far, and ecstatic over the level of post release support, not many other games are released as bug free as this one and then have (so far) 5 small uppdates in the first 2 months to improve the game.

By the was the above paragraph is not bashing the game for anyone who has'nt played it.

Thanks again for a great game and support and keep up the good work.

Rugbyfan1972

Other: Nieuport 24 -used far more widely and saw far more action than the N.28's.

Then, in order, if we could get more votes: DH5, N23, Parasol.

I am currently researching the Voisin 3 LAS and I have the 3 view from the French Aircraft book. I am prepping these to be put into G-Max over the weekend. I have never modelled in 3d before, but I will give it a try. This is a relatively straight forward aircraft, very few curved shapes. I also have the 3 views for the Rumpler C.I which I will at least have set up as a scene for G-Max. I can send these on with detail scans. I also already have the interior shots of the Voisin. Interesting, the fuselage nacelle was skinned in thin veneer over its light gray metal frame. Has a window at the pilot's feet which would be interesting to witness in a mission.

The Voisin has the pilot in the front and the observer/gunner/bombardier in the back. The gun if used was a Hotchkiss mounted on a tripod over the pilot's head. "Alor's the ringing in mon tete!" The bomb set up was a set of metal box racks similar to what was mounted inside the Sopwith Strutter B1. These were mounted onthe crew nacelle on the passernger's left. The bombs were stored fins down, like on a Heinkel 111 in WWII. These were the type used to bomb the BASF plant in the early part of the war.

If this works, how about a Farman F40?

Edited by Moritz

Hi Moritz,

I have a few more drawings of the Voisin from Michael Fletcher. Shoot me your email addy, and I'll sendem.

Cheers,

shredward

sagittarius_rising AT charter dot net

Edited by sandbagger
changed to stop spam bots picking up your e-mail address

If you devels should consider this poll at all:

please remember, that the "Allied voters" are at least 75% against German voters of 25%.

So, votes for the D VIII should be multiplied by 3, to be fair (and then she wins, WomenFly2 !)

Edited by Olham

please remember, that the "Allied voters" are at least 75% against German voters of 25%.

So, votes for the D VIII should be multiplied by 3, to be fair (and then she wins, WomenFly2 !)

..... I love the way your think! .... :kiss:

WF2

HoHo... tricky! There should be a vote for a German plane and one for for Allied plane, maybe? Of course, then all those rogue allies would vote for Snoopie's dog house plane for you, so I guess it's a no win situation. rofl.gif

Hello,

i certainly voted for early planes, and the Zeppelin ! Would there be any chance one would be able to control the Zep non-dynamical ? I mean venting hydrogen or dropping water to change altitude vertically at full stop ?

I am sure the ROF team has a close look at this, for their pay-per-plane online marketing project lol

Greetings,

Catfish

I put my 2 cents worth in for the Nieuport 28 for history and also for the Siemens because the Germans built one heck of a plane.

Good one, RABU!

So I suggest, that all German voters must attach a picture of them, standing underneath a German road name sign (Lol!)

But: the D VIII or the Siemens-Schuckert - we would get a hell of a weapon in both cases.

Pfalz D.XII... It was built in much greater numbers than SS or D.VIII. I think a combo of N.28 and Pfalz D.XII would be a nice way to finish out the last year of the war.

IL28