Good afternoon community,

Did a search on the forum earlier, but could not find an answer.....

Is there any way to completely remove the centre "text box" that displays incoming radio messages, and also things such as remaining chaff and flares?

Thanks in advance.

Andy.

Hello,

Try pressing SHIFT+D once or twice.

Regards

Bazyl

Good morning... That Shift+D thing does not works for me. It does erase the mini-radar and the bottom left-hand mini-hud (alttitud, speed, bearing), but the chatting display remains there :sad:

[EDIT]

As Suicidal points me, in Options > Audio Settings > Display Subtitles you can get rid of most of the chitchatting.... but still the flares/chaff/ECM will be shown.

Edited by AleDucat

yeah your stuck with the flare thing - but guess its good to have some feedback - you wont get that info from the pits in most cases

just want to say hi and give you a solution for the message display, but you need the cat extractor( if you own sf2 i´m not shure if its working) here you go: open the flightdata.cat inside your Flight folder using the cat extractor; inside extract the messagesystem.ini and then change it like this-->

[MessageSystem]

MaxMessages=1

MessageTime=0.0

MessageFadeTime=0.0

hope it works, greetings ;-)

You all do KNOW we have a thing called the Knowledge Base, right? That has this very answer, as it seems to come up almost daily.

I should know, as i wrote the tutorial. Unfortnately, I've been unable to find it's exact location !!!

So, with further ado....

using the Skypats' Extraction Tool (instructions for it's usage are here: http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?showtopic=32706) go into the FlightData.cat, and extract the HUDData.ini

Open it in you text editor of choice -NotePad works reeaaaallly good, and look for the following sections...

[Display004]

DisplayType=RADAR

PosX=0.865

PosY=0.015

Width=0.125

Height=0.16666667

Alpha=0.60

InitTime=2.0

What you can do is simply change the Width and Height to 0 (that 'zero'), thusly:

[Display004]

DisplayType=RADAR

PosX=0.865

PosY=0.0

Width=0.0

Height=0.16666667

Alpha=0.60

InitTime=2.0

Also, another nice thing, is you can remove that background from the displayed text by doing this:

[infoDisplay]

//BackgroundImage=TextBackground.tga note the double slash to comment out the line

BottomLeftPosition=0.01,0.985

BottomRightPosition=0.99,0.985

DisplayWidth=0.20

VerticalBorder=0.0015

HorizontalBorder=0.008

EnemyTargetColor=1.0,0.0,0.0,1.0

FriendlyTargetColor=0.0,0.0,1.0,1.0

UnknownTargetColor=1.0,1.0,0.0,1.0

WaypointColor=1.0,1.0,1.0,1.0

TextFile=HUDText.str

NormalColor=1.0,1.0,1.0,1.0

WarningColor1=1.0,1.0,0.0,1.0

WarningColor2=1.0,0.0,0.0,1.0

AGLAltStart=609.6

AGLAltWarning=152.4

As to the Alt-D not working, it's a default keystorke. I'd double-check by /Controls section in the /Options menu and make sure it didn't "accidently" get changed to something else. It should ALWAYS work to remove the info display on the lower left.

Wrench

kevin stein