Sign in to follow this  
76.IAP-Blackbird

Amok in german school

It happend today in BadenWürtenberg, Stuttgard, it was a 17 years old guy and he escaped and still alive, he now killed 11 people...

RIP

We had a guy in Alabama go nuts yesterday and killed 10 people. WTF is going on? Full moon?

Welcome to the modern world and global "culture"...

More like d*ckheads who need serious amounts help and want to see their names in the headlines.

Same thing...

The lack of "social" education is a modern plight, it's relatively recent that people think they are entitled to... well, whatever (success, wealth, respect), and that society is there to serve them, without having to give anything in return (be it respect, work, efforts, taxes etc...).

Likewise, with a globalised "culture" (if you can still call the result a culture), ideas and behaviours travel fast and far, with little resistance as there is little education and local culture to fight.

I think the biggest problem is that it is too easy to get you hands on a gun nowadays Internet is not all good.

his parents were legal weapons owner... here in europe it`s more difficult to get a gun... and you can`t get you rhands on a automatic rifle or something similar. But still to easy

After he fled 40 km´s the Police stopped him...

:blink:

on his escape he shot a women.. reminds me of GTA style... (Im a big fan of this game but some people don`t see the difference between RL and a game))

I think the biggest problem is that it is too easy to get you hands on a gun nowadays Internet is not all good.

We had our gun control laws tightened in Australia after THIS event and rightly so in my opinion (I'm only speaking in relation to my country, not about guns in general). Its a shame it had to come to this for us. It's a tragedy for anyone to have to deal with!

SayWhat, have you ever thought what might have happened there had one person had a gun and the attitude that he was gonna stop that killer?

I don`t think it real cause the german weaponlobby is realy "small" and the killer had to shoot you first down until you can fire back... just laws

SayWhat, have you ever thought what might have happened there had one person had a gun and the attitude that he was gonna stop that killer?

Knowing the laws and the luck of the poor SOB who may have hypothetically done something, they prolly would have faced charges too. Although, the charges would eventually be overturned, they'd still be sent through the ordeal a lengthy trial. It's just sorta how it goes here. The controls are very tight because authorities are terrified of it happening again. Gun owners are a distinct minority in this country and even then it's mostly farmers or those living in rural areas needing something to deal with pests (foxes, dingos, the odd kid who's knocked up the farmer's daughter). Since the GWOT started, there's sort of been this prevailing attitude here that, if more armed personnel are need to be seen, it's better to have qualified ones who're visible to the public, rather than relaxing gun control laws. So far it's worked in the government's favor, but if someone wanted (or snaps) to go on a shooting spree, I don't think there'd be a whole lot anyone would be able to do about it.

Tragic and unfortunate, yet thankfully still isolated incidents. With the perspective of other places where these happenings are far too common I'm grateful to live in a quieter part of the world. My condolences to those affected. Since someone had to mention it then here may be some enlightenment if you care to take the time.

On Sheep, Wolves, and Sheepdogs - Dave Grossman - -Visit the Webpage-

Defensive use of guns underreported article: -Visit the Webpage-

"Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty; it is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves."

-William Pitt

I love weapons really, but i think it is much to easy to get access to them. Why hunters or sport shooters must have their weapons at home? Why not have them stored at save places like the weapon chambers of police or army, or shooting clubs etc, but not at home.

People have guns in America, doesn't stop tragedies like this happening there. Previous to the incident Saywhat outlines, Australian gun laws were also less prohibitive, it didn't stop that tragedy. In the UK, two incidents like this shaped our gun laws, the result is that it is hard, though by no means impossible to legally own a gun. This hasn't stopped illegal guns from being smuggled into the country however. My personal view is that guns are ok at the range, at hunting events and so on if used responsibly and away from anyone who doesn't want to be near a gun. Likewise if a household feel they can handle storing guns safely at home, no problem. For me the problem occurs when people take guns into other peoples space, like shopping malls and schools and so on. I just wish there was some trustworthy failsafe to negate the possibility of any gun being taken into the public sphere by anybody except the democratically elected authorities.

Even so, I grudgingly have to see that there is some logic in the constitutional justifications of the US, if the authorities go bad i.e. Zombies run the police, army and so on, what are we to do? I still think though, that I can trust the police and army of the UK not to go overboard, mostly because I have friends and family in the forces and know that they would never act in a facist way towards us, so I am happy to let them be the only ones with the right to carry the weapons to sort these nut jobs out.

As for how to stop weapons from appearing by surprise in public to devastating ends like this, some sort of "big brother" metal component detecting infrastructure? Smell sensitive technology built into our urbun space? It can't be as bad as CCTV since it wont be spying on your every move, your every expression, no pervy security room attendant need be zooming down your wifes blouse with his camera, all that such technology would be doing is making sure that no trace of weapon is passing by the detectors. That would be one possible though expensive solution to the city/urban sprawl, the countryside on the other hand would still be less restrictive, but having said that, incidents like this seldom happen in the countryside despite farmers having more guns than brain cells, it seems to me almost all gun massacres happen in urban areas, shopping malls, streets, cafes, schools etc. Just the places were I am not happy seeing anyone with a gun unless they are the police.

Edited by Kopis n Xiphos

People have guns in America, doesn't stop tragedies like this happening there. Previous to the incident Saywhat outlines, Australian gun laws were also less prohibitive, it didn't stop that tragedy. In the UK, two incidents like this shaped our gun laws, the result is that it is hard, though by no means impossible to legally own a gun. This hasn't stopped illegal guns from being smuggled into the country however. My personal view is that guns are ok at the range, at hunting events and so on if used responsibly and away from anyone who doesn't want to be near a gun. Likewise if a household feel they can handle storing guns safely at home, no problem. For me the problem occurs when people take guns into other peoples space, like shopping malls and schools and so on. I just wish there was some trustworthy failsafe to negate the possibility of any gun being taken into the public sphere by anybody except the democratically elected authorities.

Even so, I grudgingly have to see that there is some logic in the constitutional justifications of the US, if the authorities go bad i.e. Zombies run the police, army and so on, what are we to do? I still think though, that I can trust the police and army of the UK not to go overboard, mostly because I have friends and family in the forces and know that they would never act in a facist way towards us, so I am happy to let them be the only ones with the right to carry the weapons to sort these nut jobs out.

As for how to stop weapons from appearing by surprise in public to devastating ends like this, some sort of "big brother" metal component detecting infrastructure? Smell sensitive technology built into our urbun space? It can't be as bad as CCTV since it wont be spying on your every move, your every expression, no pervy security room attendant need be zooming down your wifes blouse with his camera, all that such technology would be doing is making sure that no trace of weapon is passing by the detectors. That would be one possible though expensive solution to the city/urban sprawl, the countryside on the other hand would still be less restrictive, but having said that, incidents like this seldom happen in the countryside despite farmers having more guns than brain cells, it seems to me almost all gun massacres happen in urban areas, shopping malls, streets, cafes, schools etc. Just the places were I am not happy seeing anyone with a gun unless they are the police.

Amen

About detecting guns in public iv´e heard about a contraption that "sees" bombs by detecting the powder (at least that´s what i remember) in them. maybe one day the technology will be sensitive enough to detect gunpowder from bullets.

The only problem is that once you detect them, you have to counter them fairly quickly

I love weapons really, but i think it is much to easy to get access to them. Why hunters or sport shooters must have their weapons at home? Why not have them stored at save places like the weapon chambers of police or army, or shooting clubs etc, but not at home.

Home defense. And besides Police stations and army depot aren't immune to break ins neither. My folks and I have a gun safe at home. When I get more firearms, I will ask them if its ok I get another safe for my room. I got 3 firearms and one airsoft.

Falcon

We had a guy in Alabama go nuts yesterday and killed 10 people. WTF is going on? Full moon?

i work in astrology and yes today us a full moon but we get full moons every month just guys getting nuts hrtr in portugal you can have any thing big then 25 cal pistol or 32 revolver for defence hunting is done 12 gauge´s here muderes are done by hand or knife sticks but luckly we dont get much of it for now.

just armd robbery and car jacking is up now.

Is that the 'The world would be a safer place if everybody owned a gun' argument? If it is then I respectfully and strongly disagree.