Sign in to follow this  
MK2

Now we will find out if the confirmation bureau at HQ has something against me !

kill.jpg

BTW I know we all know this game is incredible but I find new stuff almost on every flight. The action for Jasta 11 in the summer of 1918 is insane. I have been involved in multiple furballs including 7 enemy planes and friendly flight and another flight of Albatross DVs from Jasta 21 and then another flight of enemy Spads attacking a wandering Hannover near the main furball...INSANE FUN! Planes everywhere...avoiding collisions as much as fighting.

That's some claim report there. Let us know if/when confirmed. Stay alive, haha.

Insane fun, oh yes. You never know what is going to happen.

Yes, quite a report. It's interesting that it has a score of 80 while pending. It appears there is some lingering suspicion you staged all of this! Maybe it was your belligerent tone! :biggrin:

Yes, quite a report. It's interesting that it has a score of 80 while pending. It appears there is some lingering suspicion you staged all of this! Maybe it was your belligerent tone! :biggrin:

:rofl:

You know they're going to turn it down MK2, you spelled Zimmerman with a lowercase 'z'. That's more than enough reason for the grammar-police at HQ. Oh yes. :yes:

hi,

very cool claim reports you have. very immersive.

what was your highest pending so far?

i just had a claim, pending 92 wich was accepted. now i have 7 of 7 claims accepted, 3 waiting with pending 82.

couple weeks ago i had regular pending at about 68. since i was reading your claim forms my pendings raised to the regurlar 80ies, and now one with 92, my highest so far.

thank you MK2

You know what's next though MK2? Kill awarded to Tommy Smith on the MG right next to the adjutant's office ;)

You know what's next though MK2? Kill awarded to Tommy Smith on the MG right next to the adjutant's office ;)

I am going over to have a talk with the gunner...and I assure you he will be dead by morning if he does not give me the right answer.....

Scarmbled ! I like it ! Can I use it MK2 :biggrin:

Scarmbled ! I like it ! Can I use it MK2 :biggrin:

Yes LOL!

Hey, MK2

That's interesting info. I have so far started the same three Jastas/time periods again and again.

Mostly in bad weather.

Now, this could be something completely different.

Summer weather, lots of planes, action pure! Jasta 11, I'm coming to you in mid-1918!

See you over the front Olham!

Creaghorn,

This is my first pending 100 ever and it just happned so this would be my highest. The highest before that was a 96 and a 92.

I have high hopes for this double kill.

100_kill.jpg

Excellent write up but I agree with Pol I believe it was that gunner who really got him. LOL

Wow, 100 for the pending number! WTG!

I'm quite curious to see how this one turns out. I wrote it as I thought it happened at the time, but then when I saw the replay after I filed it, I discovered I was rather far from the truth. It turns out I killed 2 Albatri, but they all looked just alike and it was a very confused fight, so I never noticed I'd changed targets. Wilkins is my official wingman, but he disappeared early in the flight so I thought he was dead and put down Ackers, who was right beside me at the time.

The funny thing is, the Duty Board shows me with 2 claims even though I only filed for this one. Given that this was behind the lines, the witness wasn't my regular wingman, and there are key inaccuracies in my account, I'm surprised it's rated as high as 80 :).

Bullethead, I have seen many real combat reports and unlike the way I right mine yours is truly authentic, great job, if I was at HQ I would have given you a pending:105!

I give up on this "claim" report writing. This is not what I wish to spend my time on. What took place has no real influence on the outcome of the claim.

I shot down two FokEIII which crashed dead center of our new field and reported that ---- no credit. That is BULL!!!

Has this become a Flight sim on GD english class??????

I give up on this "claim" report writing. This is not what I wish to spend my time on. What took place has no real influence on the outcome of the claim.

I shot down two FokEIII which crashed dead center of our new field and reported that ---- no credit. That is BULL!!!

Has this become a Flight sim on GD english class??????

Just in case.....you do realize there is a setting in workshop where you can turn the claim report off and have all the kills auto confirmed right?

Hello,

well the confirmation bureau sure has at least something against me. I just do not know what has to enter those reports, sometimes i write BE2c, or should it be B.E.2, or even better B.E.2b ?? Then the altitudes, 6000 feet ? or 2000 meters ? Should it be Bris scout, Or Bristol scout, or Bris scout 15m ? 6.000 feet with a point, or better 6,000 with a komma without feet ? Time with 8.00, or 8,00 or maybe 8 a.m. or 8:00 o'clock to get it accepted ? Then how will i ever know from what squadron the enemy was with labels turned off. Learn the squadrons by heart, sure. Problem is the claim will be accepted by a pre-written check, and if you do not enter the demanded exact data, it will never accept it. I think this is unnecessarily hard. Problem is you have to write it freely, not enter numbers and words into some kind of form, so it is hard to say what will work at all, and why. The report will not be read by a human being. Seems entering german words or units will not work at all, so beware.

After some 30 tries I freely admit this sim is too hard for me. Starting careers again and again already in 1915 with FA62 in Eindeckers (should be E.I), i will be dead after my second patrol, if not during the first. Following BEcs I would either be killed by my own AA fire at 2000+ feet (happened 7 times out of 10, i wrote it down), or i would not be able to roll the Eindecker back to a horizontal position. At some point the controls for the ailerons to roll left from a right light bank will not work any more, and the plane will slowly bank more and more until the unavoidable crash. Happens from 100 to 150 kilometers/hour. Raising the nose will worsen the bank, lowering it will remain the same as it was. Strange is it seems to be worse at lower altitudes !

Checked two different joysticks, no idea. At least those hords of SPADS have disappeared, good, instead there are now hords of 6+ Bristol scout patrols in 1915.

In one campaign i managed to survive 3 sorties !! I did not encounter one enemy, and was NOT shot down by my own AA - i guess this is a an improvement :haha:

When i encounter a flight of anything else than a helpless BE2 in an Eindecker i will be instantly shot to pieces - so running away is the option, if i still can - in 1915. I am waiting for 1916 and the Fokker scourge, i take it most enemies will fall from the sky when this time is near. :biggrin:

Greetings,

Catfish

Edited by Wels

I think you can get extra points toward credit if you list the aircraft type, squadron, and location of the kill. I also like to say "shot down in flames" and "observed crash". Don't know if it helps, but my last pilot, the late Maj Willie Maykett, had 12 of 14 claims confirmed before he took a permanent dirt nap.

Edited by NS13Jarhead

Hello Jarhead,

thanks, will try :biggrin:

"I think you can get extra points toward credit if you list the aircraft type, squadron, and location of the kill. "

Hmm, i would like to see one claim accepted at all, without extra points lol. Shot down in flames, well to be honest most of the BE2s just begin to smoke and circle - i did write "out of control" after it suddenly began spinning, but since i mostly die before any claim will be accepted it may be due to this lol.

When i shot down this Bristol scout i was 300 feet above the ground, straight and level at 125 km/h (~ 80-90 mph), when this light right bank sent me to the dirt - and "sadly i died in combat" again.

Anyway good info, from the reports above i take it i will have to write 2000 feet (no . or , and not in meter units), and the time should be like 8h20 instead of 8:20 o'clock, a.m. or whatever.

Thanks and greetings,

Catfish

I'm flying mostly DiD and don't have the blue "you hit" text running. I don't get to see "you destroyed" whatever plane. Really makes the claim a quessing game. I start out with maybe claiming 3 then that is rejected so I drop it to 2. Don't have a headtracker so It is dang hard to watch a plane crash too. Sometimes I claim 1 and then see on the squad kill board 2 claimed. Seems realistic to me actually.

Bullethead, I have seen many real combat reports and unlike the way I right mine yours is truly authentic, great job, if I was at HQ I would have given you a pending:105!

Thanks for noticing :). I always look at my ride in external view before I take off to write down the serial number on the skin. I seriously doubt this has any effect on the outcome (especially because the number doesn't change even if I wreck the plane), but the real guys always included it, so I do, too.

Still, it doesn't change the fact that much of what I said, although I reported as honestly as I could, was still factually wrong. Just goes to show that eye-witness testimony is usually crap, and it's the "circumstantial" evidence that really matters :).

But seriously, I take all this as a sign that the claim system is pretty good, even on the hard setting. Even if you're behind the lines, even if you get some key facts wrong, even if your witness isn't your regular wingman, you can still end up with a pretty good chance of confirmation if you cobble together something approximately like what the real guys did back in the day. The main reason I posted this pic was to show that, to give hope to those who think HQ hates them :).

I just do not know what has to enter those reports, sometimes i write BE2c, or should it be B.E.2, or even better B.E.2b ?? Then the altitudes, 6000 feet ? or 2000 meters ? Should it be Bris scout, Or Bristol scout, or Bris scout 15m ? 6.000 feet with a point, or better 6,000 with a komma without feet ? Time with 8.00, or 8,00 or maybe 8 a.m. or 8:00 o'clock to get it accepted ?

We obviously approach this game differently. For my part, it makes absolutely no difference whether my claims get accepted or rejected. It's not like OFF is a MMOFS where everybody's scores are there for all to see, and thus have a true bearing on the respect you get from others. The OFF campaign is SP only, so my "official" score is just between me and my computer. Besides, the replay feature always lets me know how many kills I really got, whether they're confirmed or not.

So I never sweat details like you have above. I just write down a fair description of events as they appeared to me, in a format that bears a resemblance to what they really did back in the day. I consider that just an extension of the role-playing that the OFF campaign is all about. I don't even worry about including "magic words". If there really are any, I figure that using an authentic format will necessarily include at least some of them. IIRC, OBD has said that being authentic increases your odds, if that matters to you. But as I say, it doesn't matter to me. I know I killed this bugger (and another I didn't notice), whether the campaign ever acknowledges it or not :).

Hello,

well the confirmation bureau sure has at least something against me. I just do not know what has to enter those reports, sometimes i write BE2c, or should it be B.E.2, or even better B.E.2b ?? Then the altitudes, 6000 feet ? or 2000 meters ? Should it be Bris scout, Or Bristol scout, or Bris scout 15m ? 6.000 feet with a point, or better 6,000 with a komma without feet ? Time with 8.00, or 8,00 or maybe 8 a.m. or 8:00 o'clock to get it accepted ? Then how will i ever know from what squadron the enemy was with labels turned off. Learn the squadrons by heart, sure. Problem is the claim will be accepted by a pre-written check, and if you do not enter the demanded exact data, it will never accept it. I think this is unnecessarily hard. Problem is you have to write it freely, not enter numbers and words into some kind of form, so it is hard to say what will work at all, and why. The report will not be read by a human being. Seems entering german words or units will not work at all, so beware.

After some 30 tries I freely admit this sim is too hard for me. Starting careers again and again already in 1915 with FA62 in Eindeckers (should be E.I), i will be dead after my second patrol, if not during the first. Following BEcs I would either be killed by my own AA fire at 2000+ feet (happened 7 times out of 10, i wrote it down), or i would not be able to roll the Eindecker back to a horizontal position. At some point the controls for the ailerons to roll left from a right light bank will not work any more, and the plane will slowly bank more and more until the unavoidable crash. Happens from 100 to 150 kilometers/hour. Raising the nose will worsen the bank, lowering it will remain the same as it was. Strange is it seems to be worse at lower altitudes !

Checked two different joysticks, no idea. At least those hords of SPADS have disappeared, good, instead there are now hords of 6+ Bristol scout patrols in 1915.

In one campaign i managed to survive 3 sorties !! I did not encounter one enemy, and was NOT shot down by my own AA - i guess this is a an improvement :haha:

When i encounter a flight of anything else than a helpless BE2 in an Eindecker i will be instantly shot to pieces - so running away is the option, if i still can - in 1915. I am waiting for 1916 and the Fokker scourge, i take it most enemies will fall from the sky when this time is near. :biggrin:

Greetings,

Catfish

Catfish, have you tried a different plane and era? Try 1918.

Like it has been mentioend before. write:

Type of plane (color?)

description of combat

altitude the fight took place at

machine g gun rounds used

location (look on map and note nearby airfields etc.)

list wingmen as witnesses no matter where they were.

You will get many more confirmed.

As far as the game bing too hard, the next time you get in a dogfight hit F3 and F5 and take away the cockpit and just use the targeting reticle and this will go a long way in training you how to properly fight. I tried 30 times as you did and never got anybody and one day it all came together and now I am a regular ace before I take my dirt naps.