Sign in to follow this  
Hellshade

Where's the Press Love?

Sorry. For some reason the post didn't take. Anyways, I'll try again.

So has anyone taken the time to send a copy of Over Flanders Fields Phase 3 to PC Gamer? I honestly think the game belongs on the front cover for a few reasons. First, obviously, to review it. It clearly is one of the best WWI Flight Sims to come along in over a decade. That alone makes it stand out. But just as importantly, I think OFF P3 provides the perfect example as to how a company should ship and support its product. Who here hasn't opened a brand new game from a big development company only to find it was shipped in an unfinished state and then it was months later, if ever, before it was patched to become playable? OBD took a very flawed product, MSCFS3, and completely overhauled it to look better and play smoother than ever all while transforming it from WWII planes and dynamics to the dawn of air combat. It's white knuckle WWI air combat at it's best from the moment it's installed and the timely, successive patches have only added to the historical accuracy, quality and excitement that the game offers. If OBD can do that on a shoestring budget, why can't the 'big guys'? If Over Flanders Fields were properly reviewed in a magazine with a large following, such as PC Gamer, not only would the gaming community be made aware of what a fine product it is, but also maybe the big developers might realize what condition a game should be shipped in and how it and the community that plays it should be supported. So my question is, what does it take to get the attention of PC Gamer for a total conversion mod like this? I'd really like to see OBD get the level of credit they deserve for making such a fine product and then supporting it with excellent patches the way that they have.

Hellshade

Unfortunately, PC Gamer just canned most of their "back of the rag" staff, including Andy Mahood - the sim column guy who probably would have been the one to do the article. They say he's not gone for good, just no longer a regular feature of the magazine. That way PC Gamer can dedicate more space to the 783rd incarnation of the Sims or the 509th mod to WoW.

Edited by NS13Jarhead

Unfortunately, PC Gamer just canned most of their "back of the rag" staff, including Andy Mahood - the sim column guy who probably would have been the one to do the article. They say he's not gone for good, just no longer a regular feature of the magazine. That way PC Gamer can dedicate more space to the 783rd incarnation of the Sims or the 509th mod to WoW.

I'm also a regular reader of his column; he always had something interesting to check out like: OFF phase1&2 years ago. I probably wouldn't be enjoying BHAH now if it wasn't for him. Sorry to hear he's gone for now.