THIRD WIRE FEATURES  

212 members have voted

1. 1. What do you consider is the most important feature that Third wire should concentrate on next ?

• better AI
    • better flight model
    • better avionics
    • better damage model
    • better graphics
    • better terrain
    • better interface
    • better campaign
    • better mission planning
    • mission builder
    • multiplayer
    • Air Refueling
    • more planes
    • more maps, more tools
    • OTHER ( Specify)

:biggrin: Edited by Veltro2k

I'd like to see:

1: Better avonics. Nothing totally detailed; just some simplistic radar bombing mode that makes all weather attacks with A-6s and F-111s possible; or high altitude bombing by A3D Skywarriors possibule.

2.) Configurable "best altitude" for each plane/campaign when you use ALT-N. As it is, you have to set a global parameter in the game right now, and what might be fine for low altitude eastern front fighting doesn't work for B-17 raids; or for 1950s high altitude bomber attacks.

Edited by MKSheppard

I will certainly pay for avionics90.dll... More over if it includes a IFR module.

An improvment in graphics quality won't be a bad thing, but not really necesary.

The rest is fine, already exists or we can do it.

• Like 1

i choosed best avionics, but i wish i could see some terrain improvement... we have many talent terrain modders , most of them says the terrain making tool isn't enought, "too simple".

Toss up between mulitplayer and AI, both would go hand in hand, I'd love to do some nice co-op missions, or even better, a co-op campaign.

This is just a thought to throw into the mix as regards terrains, which BTW have been brilliantly modded by the experts, but one thing that would make long flights more interesting is a proper (and visible) road and rail network, with maybe some rail stations and the odd train chugging along the track here and there. A train and its carriages would make really great targets to mow into oblivion with a Vulcan or Avenger cannon :yes:

I voted AI, but actually I think very few if any would be happier with better/more terrain building options...

However I don't believe that will happen anytime soon if at all :(

I think the biggest improvement can be made in avionics. They work fine for the intended aircraft, but the games have been modded to included aircraft form such different regions and times that a more comprehensive avionics package would be welcome. Things I would like to see in particular:

a polished and fully working level bombing sight. This wouldn't be very difficult to add.

Computer assist deliver for the more modern aircraft

A working LABs (or comparable) system.

A more realistic and comprehensive radar.

On a side note I think the allied SAMs are woefully under represented in stock SF. The community has done tons to try and fix this, but nothing beats having them working no fuss out of the box.

Edited by zmatt

I vote Air Refueling - I very like it in Flanker 2.5

The second stuff is something to change with aircraft weapons -mean somethink like "SpecificStationCode" but more adwanced witch can add more type of weapons to each hard point.

To avionics: lock ground targets without "E" key -only for pods like Lantirn (etc) or seekers like on Kh-29T. More advanced defense of aircraft will be cool too -like active IR jamming (Su-39 has it on tail), more types of flares (mean calibers) and real decoys on the wire like in newest SupaHornet model.

I love it the way it is but, if pushed, I'd like better clouds - like the excellent widesky mod.

To be fair to TK, there are some nice clouds in SF2 but there are also those cartoon type clouds too (which always remind me of Wily Coyote and the RoadRunner - meep meep).

I'm very happy with the terrains, effects, visual models. Hate to see it just get more graphically intensive - we'll all be forced into newer video cards and faster processors.

My vote is for realistic air-to-air refueling, a fully depressable gunsight, and perhaps a more realistic navigation system with TACAN/ILS - but that's getting away from the "light sim" design I guess.

Mike D.

Vote for better avionics. I wish to get

-GMT radar mode (ground moving targets) for tanks killing etc.. :dirol:

-SEA radar mode, as above but for sea targets, Harpoon missions!

-TA (terrain avoidance) usefull for low level actions

and some more informations on the HUD about target.

ILS its not big problem, I remember that ILS had even F-22 lighting3 -action sim from Novalogic. It could be automatically turned on when we are close to our base and when we open gear.

I vote for better avionics,we need a avionics80,or even avionics90.

If there are more votes.

I will vote for:

1,repley,we really need this....

2,Better wingman AI.

I would really like to have a working FAC. :biggrin: And maybe some Helo's and CSAR missions in the Sandy role

Here we go again, the monthly wishlist.

I'd pay for:

1) replay feature -hundreds of great planes makes sometime awesome duels, worth replaying and sharing; also count "save/load mission" buttons here

2) 3D viewport mission editor -anyone have doubts about this one?

3) improved (new?) terrain and environment engine

-enchanced terrain/target areas viewport tools for builders, including custom objects for .tods

-rail/road/shiproute system, with convoys and updated ground units behaviour

-updated weather system

4) Avionics90.dll -not my specific era of interest, but I ain't selfish

the rest is fine for me

:clapping:

1. 3D full mission editor.

2. Road and train networks that vehicles, tanks, trains will follow.

3. FAC aircraft that designate targets for other aircraft to attack. Such as a WP rocket designate a target area for destruction.

4. A player to target view for incoming SAM and AAM. Yeah, I like that drama buildup instead of just the instant disintegration.

5. Ejecting pilot animation for all aircraft.

I'm voting improved terrain, if you compare it to what can be cranked out by FS9 or FSX it's starting to show it's age, as someone who gets vertigo above flight level 001 it'd be nice to have a higher resolution mesh with more defined road and rail links. If we're going all out power lines would be awesome too, especially if you get hurt hitting them.

there's 3 electircal transmission towers in WoV ... I think they have collision meshs (ok, I've also used them on other terrains)

We have a rail station; just not 'built into' the terrain rail tracks. Unless you want to physically lay the track sections all over.

That would be an NIGHTMARE!!!! Moving trains ala Aces over Europe, Janes WW2 fighters, CFS would be great, but not a show stopper for me

3d mission builder I've been crying for since 2003!!!! A 'save last single mission' feature would be nice too.

But -and don't forget- it all goes back to what TK can afford to add, and what we modders can come up with to 'bend' the engine as best we can to our will

Wrench

kevin stein

Decent flight deck operations.................... most of my flying involves some sort of carrier.

Toss up between mulitplayer and AI, both would go hand in hand, I'd love to do some nice co-op missions, or even better, a co-op campaign.

However limited it may have been, multiplayer was always a feature of this sim.

In SF2, it was completely deleted largely due the fact that it was based on DirectPlay which is no longer supported in the latest DirectX native to Vista (Dx10).

I think it is only fair that this feature be restored at least to comparable functionality as soon as practical for the small but dedicated community that has supported this sim due to its combination of awesome flight modeling and solid multiplayer dogfighting.

If multiplayer supported custom player-designed missions identical to single player missions, the number of people coming to this sim for multiplayer would increase exponentially.

TK has numerous reasons for ignoring multiplayer and even finally deleting it.

He is obviously happy with the single player and modder niches he is tapping into.

But just like the online store with downloadable versions of the sim, I think TK would be surprised at how much more business he would get with solid multiplayer support in this line of sims.

But alas, he is a lone programmer and has a successful business model, so he isn't going to risk investing so much time and money into a feature that currently is only demanded by a vocal but small group.

Apparently, the current formula of adding a new terrain and about 4 flyables with a few gameplay enchancements is going to carry him for quite some time before he will ever look into restoring/improving multiplayer support.

Voted Other.

I think the campaign, mission planning functions and mission builder all go together. I think the game in its current state is a great source of quick single missions but the depth of the campaigns and the pre-mission functions really need to be fleshed out.

I voted multiplayer, then I went and flew and realized how much I'd love nav aids and MASI lights... Some decent ATC would be great too. Come to think of it, I wish they would come out with a massive avionics upgrade redo and expansion pack.

I would like the ability to mod the stock birds and campaings made easier :biggrin:

I would like the ability to mod the stock birds and campaings made easier :biggrin:

:blink: Joke right?

I put campaigns. From day one I've wanted the dynamic campaign to be deeper. More targets like bridges, rail facilities, military units that aren't attacking/defending, ground convoys, maritime shipping that really transport supplies. If I destroy a bridge I want that supply source to be cut, everything has to reroute another way, and the enemy will maybe send in a bridging unit to fix it. I want it to be a little more transparent in the modder side also that this is happening.

It would also be great if this ran in some sort of pseudo real time, and you could pick the targets and timing of your missions. Maybe also get to pick targets for missions flown by your squadron, but not necessarily by you, so those pilots aren't all sitting around with their thumbs up their butts. I'd also like a scramble function. Aero Elite Combat Academy for PS2 had this great feature where you'd be going through the menus and all of a sudden a scramble alarm would come up and you'd sortie to whatever it was. You wouldn't even know what the problem was till you were briefed in the air. Something like that would be fun.

Also make ground battles less static, its all the same right now. Missions like getting called in to take out a building with a sniper team in it or take out an artillery unit. Tons of possibilities. All of it very hard to implement.

Edited by GrinchWSLG