THIRD WIRE FEATURES  

212 members have voted

1. 1. What do you consider is the most important feature that Third wire should concentrate on next ?

• better AI
    • better flight model
    • better avionics
    • better damage model
    • better graphics
    • better terrain
    • better interface
    • better campaign
    • better mission planning
    • mission builder
    • multiplayer
    • Air Refueling
    • more planes
    • more maps, more tools
    • OTHER ( Specify)

The campaigns really don't feel engaging. In WOE you just keep bombing runways the entire campaign, apart from 10% which are intercept or patrol missions.

I'd also like the terrain editor to be much simplified, and give much more graphical feedback. I want to directly on the map be able to see it say "Stockholm", and I don't want to need to convert files. I'd love the ability to create maps using Google Earth or similar. Or at least the ability to like in Age of Empires "paint" the ground with a cartain type of texture, rather than typing coordinates, or klicking a tile for a certain texture to appear.

Edited by darkjak

more tools......

These sims were built to be modded. Having a more robust toolset would get more folks involved.

STUPID REQUEST: Allow enemy levels to be set to 0 in Create Flight. It'd be a quick way to generate a Free Flight type experience with any flyable aircraft over any terrain you have installed.

The ability to assign targets to the rest of the flight. IE: instead of 'attack ground', how bout 'attack ground radar' or 'attack SAM launcher' etc as well with A2A the ability to assign them to attack certain enemy flights other than the primary target.

One unique part of this game, that is WOE (and all other versions), is that its simpler to understand the mechanics of it all, the "hows" and "whys" :good: , and still staying true with the concept of a flight/combat sim, and with the volunteer "master" modders as I would call them, this game has really extended to more, let just say, "hit fast, hit hard, and get out" more of an attitude while playing, hehehe, well, me im just an average gamer who enjoys ahmmm.....putting frustrated pilot skills into play and...well..."honing" it as it is :wink: .... but..... here's an idea of mine...well...a bit of imaginative thinking...hehehhe... "What if..." :rolleyes: with the current "missile system" we have right now is... "one shot, one kill" style.... how about if there was a freaky weapons developer out there who would take it to another level.... like "Multi-missile Targeting System" wherein a "pilot" can release 3 or 4 sparrow missiles at 2 or 3 "bogies" at one go........either air-to-air, air-to-land or land-to-air, example....doind a CAS, targeting multiple tanks and firing all 6 mavericks in one "release", hitting all 6 targets at one time (slash and dash style)...hehehehe.... unrealistic? hmmmm.... well with our current technology..... its a possibility...... hehehhehe..... but its an idea though... feel free to criticize it.... it a "free" idea.... hmmmmm.... "Multi-missile Targeting System" be it LAND, SEA or AIR...hehehe... IMO...its cool...hihihi... :biggrin:

Very happy with the sim as is, but room for improvement:

Specular and reflection mapping for planes like CFS3. It would be such a visual advance.

Level bombing avionics for planes.

Better, more visual terrain tools. Painting ground textures, WYSIWYG object placement so you can get some really nice precision. Simply look at google maps for an area and duplicate.

A mission builder in game to set up & save whatever scenario I like (only thing that's really sorely missed)

Fixed prop FMs and AI

A more lively battlefield environment and campaigns, including functional naval units. We have all these warships that simply never show up, the rarely working anti-ship missions only have cargoships. Similarly a campaign builder thats not all editing text files, the campaign engine can be really good (just look at DS) it's just really tedious to really get them set up right.

Redone radio calls.

Cosmetic things for polish like ejecting pilots would be nice, but not necessary.

A helicopter FM.

Being able to edit what plane you are currently flying in a campaign (there's so many variants I never get to fly, and it gets boring after a while flying the same plane continuously, especially if there are only 1 or 2 skins)

Being able to have access to all weapons like unlimited for weapons selection, but have small quantities of them like limited.

And the most unrealistic dream: replacing the terrain engine with a global mesh like FS9/X and simply having to add new targets.

This sounds really long and gimme gimme, but I'm aware of TKs resources and what's realistic. It's just stuff that would absolutely perfect the sim to me and replace the notion of ever needing another sim.

As far as terrain options I would even be hillariously happy with 10+ years old il-2 terrain system instead of this....*#$%!

One unique part of this game, that is WOE (and all other versions), is that its simpler to understand the mechanics of it all, the "hows" and "whys" :good: , and still staying true with the concept of a flight/combat sim, and with the volunteer "master" modders as I would call them, this game has really extended to more, let just say, "hit fast, hit hard, and get out" more of an attitude while playing, hehehe, well, me im just an average gamer who enjoys ahmmm.....putting frustrated pilot skills into play and...well..."honing" it as it is :wink: .... but..... here's an idea of mine...well...a bit of imaginative thinking...hehehhe... "What if..." :rolleyes: with the current "missile system" we have right now is... "one shot, one kill" style.... how about if there was a freaky weapons developer out there who would take it to another level.... like "Multi-missile Targeting System" wherein a "pilot" can release 3 or 4 sparrow missiles at 2 or 3 "bogies" at one go........either air-to-air, air-to-land or land-to-air, example....doind a CAS, targeting multiple tanks and firing all 6 mavericks in one "release", hitting all 6 targets at one time (slash and dash style)...hehehehe.... unrealistic? hmmmm.... well with our current technology..... its a possibility...... hehehhehe..... but its an idea though... feel free to criticize it.... it a "free" idea.... hmmmmm.... "Multi-missile Targeting System" be it LAND, SEA or AIR...hehehe... IMO...its cool...hihihi... :biggrin:

Then the sparrows would not be sparrows, they are semi active and you have to keep your target in 'the Cone'. AMRAAMs are active, fire and forget, so it comes down to time period of the action the earlier the time, the less capability of the missile. Mav's use either a laser or opticle targeting so having one camera to point at the target or one lase pod to point at the target... you get the picture right? BTW the Tomcat and the Raptor have the ability to engage multiple targets at the same time. The Eagle can track multiple targets but just shoot one at a time. so just get faster in you ability to lock up targets and let the birds fly.

I would hate to have this fine SIM turn into Ace Combat or H.A.W.K.S type of arcade crap :biggrin:

Edited by Viper6

I want more from the MP side. Just the ability to fly missions instead of random 16 plane/4 types starting in the air would be great. A campaign in MP would be a dream.

Voted Other.

I think the campaign, mission planning functions and mission builder all go together. I think the game in its current state is a great source of quick single missions but the depth of the campaigns and the pre-mission functions really need to be fleshed out.

I voted for campaign, for the reasons above.

Also, I think a quick, easy fix that would really add to the immersion of flying 60's-70's era jets would be a bombsight with multiple depression settings, so we could actually plan a bomb run and use the sight, instead of just eyeballing it all the time.

Edited by malibu43

I voted IFR, it was a toss up with multi-player mission editer. As for terain I like it as is, the game will run on lower end PC's on up. I have LOMAC & still my 3200AMD struggles with it.

I just wonder how would it feel to be shot BVR, or that enemy pilots don´t see me from the rear

I would love to have a better control of air resources, some way to direct the air battle, i guess that if all flights

could obey the same orders as your wingman, would be enough to direct them to different targets or kind of.

Better avionics, level bombing, mission editor, free flight, etc. As anyone, i guess

Edited by macelena

I just wonder how would it feel to be shot BVR,

already existing

If there was one thing i would like, it would actually be being a wingman. I think it would be a good mod for the game, doesn't even have to be combat related, can just be aerobatics or formation training. Anyone else think this is a good idea?

They did this in YAP 1 with single missions where you manually have to fly formation as wingy

Avionics that would allow BOTH air-to-ground radar AND modern HUD / AA Radar to be used on the same plane.

Edited by MacGalin

I like the TW formula. Just add more planes and more campaigns and I'm happy. Korea or Falklands would be ok with me for now.

Of course more modern battles are also ok... which comes with the necessary avionics upgrade.

Avionics that would allow BOTH air-to-ground radar AND modern HUD / AA Radar to be used on the same plane.

Already exists. Fixed in last patch.

FC

Mission Builder. A good, full-options one like they had with CFS2. That was brilliant to work with, and you could set things up with trigger events and so on. That really is what is missing here, even if I really enjoy the "no idea what'll happen" single mission generator.

(repeating self again and again) new terrain engine

What if we could list in an aircraft data file a prompt to force the AI to utilize an aircraft based on its strengths and weaknesses. For instance slashing high altitude high energy attacks with the F-101B voodoo as apposed to a close range turning engagement with an F-16 or Mig -17.

It would be groovy to locate, lock and lase ground targets, not just use the magic E button.

Would like the Ability to give weapons to all jets in a flight as a group or individually in the loadout screen.

Would like the AI to stop attacking bombers from the rear and getting shot down without fail

Would like jets under AI control without RWRs to not go ape when they get a radar lock on them - and be able to sneak up on them occasionally - like the good old days - am guessing its one way or the other though!.

Nothing could be better than a new and more complete single mission builder like this:

- A way to choose your airbase, area of operation like enemy targets in air or land and enemy plane types

- Capacity to choose between land base or Aircraft Carriers (planes with "CarrierBased=TRUE" line in .DATA will enable this)

- All the planes in your squadron wearing the same skin as yours.

That's my humble wishes. Thanks!!

Level bombing aids, optical gunsight(s) for First Eagles, WW2 and so on plus some kind of radar cue/mode for the 1960/70's and perhaps more accurate ccrp modes for 1980's onwards.

Edited by Kopis n Xiphos