Sign in to follow this  
Crockett12

OFF P3 and Windows 7

I've tried a search on this topic and couldn't find anything.

I realize it's still in beta but has anyone tried OFF P3 in Windows 7 yet?

I'm contemplating a new computer build so I can get better frame rates flying this game. I've got Windows XP sp3 and a 939 motherboard (AGP) with an AMD 3500 CPU. I've been looking for a faster processor but that choice seems to be limited at this time -- so I upgraded my video card from an nVidia 6800GT 256mb to an ATI 3850 512mb. I thought that would be a significant upgrade but my frame rate hasn't significantly improved.

Since this system if getting long in the tooth, I figured OFF would be a good reason for a total upgrade, which brings me to the OS question. I might keep this system for the games that won't run on a newer OS and I probably won't be doing this until a little later in the year -- but I usually research this type of thing pretty thoroughly before taking the jump.

So, any ideas about Windows 7?

Thanks,

Crockett 12

i wish i could help, as I am in the beta program too, but I had a major crash before I got 7 installed and lost my copy, and its not available to download anymore,

Edited by gwar

I tried it and it it seems to work fine. However as the OS is BETA and we have not tested it either, we cannot provide support or help for it.

BETA also means what works today might not tomorrow by the way...

Parky has it, and says it's great!..works with OFF..but as Pol pointed out, best be aware that things can go wrong

Yep,

I can confirm BHH installed and runs flawlessly in Windows7 on my current system. Seems to run better in Win7 than it does in XP. That could be partially due to a freshly installed OS and only a few other proggies being present on a designated and uncluttered drive, but it does run very smoothly.

It's much too early in the Beta stages for me to wholeheartedly recommend it, but I'm really quite impressed with the it so far. Haven't run into any issues yet. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Cheers,

Parky