Sign in to follow this  
flynnj

When I hit "m" to look at the map, the game crashes back to OFF GUI

I assume this is the place to post bug reports... so here goes:

When I try to look at the map during a scramble mission, the game immediately exits and I'm back to the OFF shell. It doesn't even seem to think I've flown the mission.

Also, how exactly are scrambles handled? I took off, no enemy planes... and I must have warped for about 10 minutes with still zero contacts...

I assume this is the place to post bug reports... so here goes:

When I try to look at the map during a scramble mission, the game immediately exits and I'm back to the OFF shell. It doesn't even seem to think I've flown the mission.

Also, how exactly are scrambles handled? I took off, no enemy planes... and I must have warped for about 10 minutes with still zero contacts...

Hey Flynnj, you are having the same problem that I, and others, have been having. I suggest you go to the general help form and look up a post titled "Drop to Desktop"

All your answers will be in there, specifically the one about the utility to control the CPU usage/affinity.

This is a possible fix for this problem, sent to me by Winder:

there is one way you could reduce the draw on your video card whilst looking at the maps. which is supposedly cuasing your CTD. (I dont actually think this is the case)

in the folder

C:\Program Files\OBD software\CFSWW1 Over Flanders Fields\uires\map

you will find 3 bitmap images.

alt_high.bmp

alt_low.bmp

alt_med.bmp

if you open the High and med images with say paintshop or even paint (which is a standard MS image editing program) and resize them to the following sizes.

alt_high.bmp 469x461 pixels

alt_med.bmp 938x922 pixels

this will greatly reduce the size of the image, but is barely noticable in game.