Sign in to follow this  
ndicki

Hunter FGA.9 Rhodaf (SW)

Hunter FGA.9 Rhodaf (SW)

FIXED VERSION - MISSING PYLON ADDED - APOLOGIES TO ALL CONCERNED!

Rhodesian Air Force Hawker Hunter FGA.9 as modified by the South African Air Force to carry either Sidewinder or V3B "Voorslag" IR missiles. This was carried out at the SAAF's TFDC at Waterkloof in August 1979.

http://www.ourstory.com/thread.html?t=305460

The main difference between the Rhodesian Hunters and other similarly modified Hunters is the addition of an extra weapons pylon between the two existing ones; most Air Forces simply used the external pylon.

At least two aircraft were modified this way. It is unclear what happened to them after Independence.

Credits go to Spinners for converting the stock FGS.9 to flyable, AleDucat for making the indispensable pylon and rail, and Jeremiah Weed for the idea and support. Thanks!

FREEWARE ONLY WITHIN THE TERMS OF THE COMBATACE AGREEMENT.

THIS IS FOR STRIKE FIGHTERS 2 ONLY AND WILL NOT WORK AS SUCH IN WOX/SF1.

Thank you very much for this> technology works in SF/WOx too :

Working.jpg

EDIT > But you are right, mod overall is for SF2, without heavy modding it's not usable in SF/WOx. Again, congrats on this, I like it :yes:

Edited by starfighter2

Hugely enjoyable! Did an armed recce mission (one of those where there is 30-40 trucks in the convoy) and downed two MiG-15's.

Nice work on the details - fuel tanks, pilot, Hangar and Loading Screen. A great little package.

Chapeau!

Downloading...

I'll try to backport it to SFP1/WO*...

Downloading...

I'll try to backport it to SFP1/WO*...

Alex, you might want to talk to Starfighter2 - I think he's already done a lot of the work.

Edited by ndicki